+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Very troublesome and painful story

canadaloveu

Mar 22, 2011
To all kind members in this forum

i am writing this message with great depression and sadness:

recently we (me & my husband) got the PR visa under FSW category 1.

i am the principal applicant and my husband is the dependant in the application form.

my husband and me was not really getting along and now i have been divorced. i am still in Thailand and has not done the landing. i have only got the visa from the embassy and the COPR forms for me & my husband.

now, what will happen as we are divorced? my husband does not wanna go to canada (and anywhere in the world) with me. am i in danger of loosing the visa if my husband (who is a dependant in the Canada visa application form and got the visa as my dependant) does not go with me when i land?

seniors, please advise me the best way u can. should i land myself and later tell the authorities that we have been divorced (even though we r already divorced) ? what should i do? i am very depressed and tired when i am thinking about the possible hassles and troubles ahead due to this situation?

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
You are lucky you are the principal applicant. So I believe you can land, get your SIN, etc and then send in your divorce paper afterwards. The story will be different if he was the PA.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes thats right.. As a PA you can land solitary and of your own and I think better do it asap and then you will have chance to decide about your life... Don't loose your heart... just hand it over to time... everything will be alright

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
canadaloveu said:

i am the principal applicant and my husband is the dependant in the application form.

my husband and me was not really getting along and now i have been divorced. i am still in Thailand and has not done the landing. i have only got the visa from the embassy and the COPR forms for me & my husband.

now, what will happen as we are divorced? my husband does not wanna go to canada (and anywhere in the world) with me. am i in danger of loosing the visa if my husband (who is a dependant in the Canada visa application form and got the visa as my dependant) does not go with me when i land?

seniors, please advise me the best way u can. should i land myself and later tell the authorities that we have been divorced (even though we r already divorced) ? what should i do? i am very depressed and tired when i am thinking about the possible hassles and troubles ahead due to this situation?
Except for the emotional turmoil there isn't any problem. Settle down in Canada and start afresh. Wish you all the very best for the life ahead in Canada!

canadaloveu

Mar 22, 2011
thank u dear friends.

what will then happen in my ex-husbands case? will he be able to enter Canada?

when i 1st land at the canadian airport should i tell the IO that i got divorced?

mot

Nov 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
av
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
done. 7.5 overall
your husband can land if he has the visa with him and decides to. If asked, tell them he'll land afterwards. (Dont tell them he will not land cos you never know)If you dont want him in canada, then make sure his visa is with you and not release to him. He will loose the opportunity after the expiration of the visa and will then need to be sponsored by you if you so decide at that point.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
canadaloveu said:
thank u dear friends.
what will then happen in my ex-husbands case? will he be able to enter Canada?
when i 1st land at the canadian airport should i tell the IO that i got divorced?
Go and land.

Whether you tell VO or not the visa has an expiry period.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
To: everyone

Unfortunately, the truth is far from the opinions posted here by all, however wishful it is -- and I'm in solidarity to the OP as well.

The truth remains that the OP has to 'return' the Visa/s & COPRs to the VO... there is a change in her case profile -- material facts? That divorce changes her case status [if it's a 'judicial anulment of a marriage'] - she has to 'declare' that before flying, as per IRPA regulations - 'remove' the dependent from her file [his PRV gets cancelled] - fetch a fresh visa & COPR for herself - provided that husband didn't get her the addnl 'adaptibility points'... which if she lacks - will lead her to trouble.

If she/they had 'landed' & then this sordid thing had happened - it'd have been a different ball game.

Good luck to the OP!
Qorax

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
To: everyone

Unfortunately, the truth is far from the opinions posted here by all, however wishful it is -- and I'm in solidarity to the OP as well.

The truth remains that the OP has to 'return' the Visa/s & COPRs to the VO... there is a change in her case profile -- material facts? That divorce changes her case status [if it's a 'judicial anulment of a marriage'] - she has to 'declare' that before flying, as per IRPA regulations - 'remove' the dependent from her file [his PRV gets cancelled] - fetch a fresh visa & COPR for herself - provided that husband didn't get her the addnl 'adaptibility points'... which if she lacks - will lead her to trouble.

If she/they had 'landed' & then this sordid thing had happened - it'd have been a different ball game.

Good luck to the OP!
Qorax
Hi Qorax!

Just for information what can happen if she doesn't inform visa office right now and lands in canada and after few weeks of landing informs the authorities that she got divorced just now.......

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
pittabread said:
Hi Qorax!

Just for information what can happen if she doesn't inform visa office right now and lands in canada and after few weeks of landing informs the authorities that she got divorced.......

Thanks
CMF [concealment of material facts] - amounts to misrepresentation -- their PR can be withdrawn...

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pittabread said:
Hi Qorax!

Just for information what can happen if she doesn't inform visa office right now and lands in canada and after few weeks of landing informs the authorities that she got divorced just now.......

Thanks
She could have CIC on her asking why she didn't report any change on personal circumstances, leading to whatever that may lead, including but not limited to misinterpretation.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
CMF [concealment of material facts] - amounts to misrepresentation -- their PR can be withdrawn...
But how would the authorities know when she was divorced actually??

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
pittabread said:
But how would the authorities know when she was divorced actually??
You're running in circles here, how do they know when your out of WP or on a TRV and you actually worked then?

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_696_ said:
You're running in circles here, how do they know when your out of WP or on a TRV and you actually worked then?
Divorced is different thing. If some one doesn't tell himself / herself they would never know......

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
canadaloveu said:

Sorry to hear about your case.

Did you already receive your divorce papers? Or it is just in verbal stage?
When did you file for the divorce?