+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Version 2019 - Guide to Police Clearance Certificate from the UAE

kanwar144

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hello , @yiso91 ,
Needed quick advice on my residence and PCC Requirement,

I had a UAE residence Visa which was valid for 3 year, from 2017- 2020, but due to my work, I never stayed more than 6 months in a row, Used to stay for 1 month and Travel outside the country for 1 month. So always there was a break every other month of stay.

As per IRCC, they do not require, but I have submitted the PCC.
But just as per my knowledge, do we have to submit the PCC in this type of scenario ??

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hello , @yiso91 ,
Needed quick advice on my residence and PCC Requirement,

I had a UAE residence Visa which was valid for 3 year, from 2017- 2020, but due to my work, I never stayed more than 6 months in a row, Used to stay for 1 month and Travel outside the country for 1 month. So always there was a break every other month of stay.

As per IRCC, they do not require, but I have submitted the PCC.
But just as per my knowledge, do we have to submit the PCC in this type of scenario ??
If you declared UAE as your country of residence then you must submit a PCC issued by any of the relevant authorities in UAE, regardless of your actual residency time

Regards

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Hi Yiso ,

Just a little question for the sake of clarity.

On MOI website ,If I select "Use outside the country", it asks me what is the requesting country that is where I select Canada, and then when I go to the next page it says it is going to charge me AED 100 in total. AED 50 for issuing the certificate and AED 50 is for "Fees for approving different certificate". I don't get the option of "Fees for approving different certificate" and get charged AED 50 ONLY if I select the "Use inside the country" option.

Now I have read comments from various people on this thread that they had a big red seal on their certificate issued by MOI and their certificate needed to be attested by the local UAE embassy in Canada. Is it because they did not pay AED 50 for the "Fees for approving different certificate" when initially applying for the certificate on the MOI website? does paying this additional AED 50 mean that my certificate will be attested by another party (like MOFA) in UAE before they email me my certificate?

mastfadi

May 24, 2013
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
PER : 13-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
19-June-2014
Med's Done....
15-July-2014
Passport Req..
PPR1: 21-July-2014::PPR2:3-Aug-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-Aug-2014
LANDED..........
01-May-2015
Sorry ,

I think its just the translation fee ,the extra AED50.

Now is it true that I will have to get the MOI certificate attested from local Canadian embassy and Dubai Police certificate will not require this attestation?

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
I am in Canada and I need to apply for a police clearance certificate from UAE. I will apply through the Dubai police website and I have some questions:
1- The first question is 'user type'. When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy (finger prints) shows up as mandatory. Should I select 'resident' since I was a resident of Dubai? I do have an expired emirates ID.

2- The drop down menus change based on the 'user type'. i.e. when I select "resident", the menus show as described in the original post where I get to select the 'type of requested party' as private sector and then a 'private entity' field shows up where I can select immigration Canada from the drop down menu. On the other hand, when I select 'user type' as 'outside UAE', the menus change to 'certificate purpose' and 'certificate required by' with a list of countries in the drop down menu.

3- Does this police certificate need to be stamped by the UAE embassy in Ottawa before submitting to immigration Canada?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
I am in Canada and I need to apply for a police clearance certificate from UAE. I will apply through the Dubai police website and I have some questions:
1- The first question is 'user type'. When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy (finger prints) shows up as mandatory. Should I select 'resident' since I was a resident of Dubai? I do have an expired emirates ID.

2- The drop down menus change based on the 'user type'. i.e. when I select "resident", the menus show as described in the original post where I get to select the 'type of requested party' as private sector and then a 'private entity' field shows up where I can select immigration Canada from the drop down menu. On the other hand, when I select 'user type' as 'outside UAE', the menus change to 'certificate purpose' and 'certificate required by' with a list of countries in the drop down menu.

3- Does this police certificate need to be stamped by the UAE embassy in Ottawa before submitting to immigration Canada?
1. This is the emirates ID number. You need to provide this and only an upload of the passport copy
2. Select immigration , English , Canada
3. No

Regards

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
1. This is the emirates ID number. You need to provide this and only an upload of the passport copy
3. No

Regards
Thank you so much. So should I select 'outside UAE' or 'resident'? When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy becomes mandatory.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Thank you so much. So should I select 'outside UAE' or 'resident'? When I select 'outside UAE', the biometric card photocopy becomes mandatory.
If you select and enter your Emirates ID, the website will just ask for photo and passport copies. Ignore other file upload fields if they are visible, just fill out the forms and pay the fees.

Sara101

Mar 30, 2021
Hi, I am in a really complicated situation. I requested a PCC from dubai police and they have misspelled my last name. So instead of Sara Hakim they have typed Sara Hakeim, everything else including the passport number is correct. Will IRCC accept this?
If not, can someone please guide as to how I should get this rectified as I'm currently outside UAE.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi, I am in a really complicated situation. I requested a PCC from dubai police and they have misspelled my last name. So instead of Sara Hakim they have typed Sara Hakeim, everything else including the passport number is correct. Will IRCC accept this?
If not, can someone please guide as to how I should get this rectified as I'm currently outside UAE.

Thank you in advance.
You can submit this IRCC as is and provide an LOE on top of it to explain this error and provide a copy of your passport copy and last UAE visa that shows your correct name. IRCC do understand that such errors are out of applicants hands.

The only way you can adjust this is to be physically in the UAE and visit the CID office to adjust your information. You can however try your luck and call them on 9-0-1 or even email them and maybe just maybe they would change it on the fly for you, but isn't guaranteed.

Regards

Sara101

Mar 30, 2021
You can submit this IRCC as is and provide an LOE on top of it to explain this error and provide a copy of your passport copy and last UAE visa that shows your correct name. IRCC do understand that such errors are out of applicants hands.

The only way you can adjust this is to be physically in the UAE and visit the CID office to adjust your information. You can however try your luck and call them on 9-0-1 or even email them and maybe just maybe they would change it on the fly for you, but isn't guaranteed.

Regards
Thank you so much for getting back to me!!

So just to add more information but my last residence visa which is still valid shows my last name misspelled too. Just like the PCC, so both have my in correct name as Hakeim.

My passport however has Sara Hakim which is my correct spelling.

It is extremely difficult to go back to UAE and get it fixed due to personal reasons

In this case, what is my best solution? Should I explain all this in LOE and attach a copy of my residence card and pray that IRCC considers it.

Bless you!

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Thank you so much for getting back to me!!

So just to add more information but my last residence visa which is still valid shows my last name misspelled too. Just like the PCC, so both have my in correct name as Hakeim.

My passport however has Sara Hakim which is my correct spelling.

It is extremely difficult to go back to UAE and get it fixed due to personal reasons

In this case, what is my best solution? Should I explain all this in LOE and attach a copy of my residence card and pray that IRCC considers it.

Bless you!
Yes you only option now is to attach an LOE alongside the PCC and explain this issue clearly and briefly, IRCC won't refuse your application beacuse of an error not caused or driven by you, so don't worry on this.

It is important however to map your eAPR according to your passport details , so your name, DOB , Place of birth ..etc should match such fields in your eAPR

Goodluck
Regards

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
If you select and enter your Emirates ID, the website will just ask for photo and passport copies. Ignore other file upload fields if they are visible, just fill out the forms and pay the fees.
I got the police certificate however the passport number on it my old passport number which was valid when I used to live in the UAE. Is this how it should be? I attached my latest passport when I submitted the request.
I also noticed that the first two digits of my passport number are missing. What should I do? please help.

tammy_z

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
3. No

Regards
Hi @yiso91. I received the dubai Police Clearance Certificate, however, the passport number indicated is for my old passport which is now expired. I uploaded the current passport copy when I submitted the request. Is the Police Clearance Certificate issued with the passport number that had the residence visa on regardless of whether it is still valid or expired?

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
Hi @yiso91. I received the dubai Police Clearance Certificate, however, the passport number indicated is for my old passport which is now expired. I uploaded the current passport copy when I submitted the request. Is the Police Clearance Certificate issued with the passport number that had the residence visa on regardless of whether it is still valid or expired?
Nothing exceptional about it, they wont have your new passport number hence it will always come up with the old passport number. This is perfectly fine