+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Version 2019 - Guide to Police Clearance Certificate from the UAE

ksundarm

Sep 3, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am applying for my Canadian citizenship which requires a PCC from UAE. I have stayed in Dubai before I relocated to Canada and wanted to check if a PCC from Dubai Police would suffice or would it have be the PCC from the UAE Ministry of Interior? The link on the Canada.ca website refers to the PCC from UAE Ministry of Interior.
I applied for that and got one which has a big red stamp which says the following "Please Refer to the UAE Diplomatic Missions Abroad or Customers Happiness Centers of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation". I understand on reading the posts above that this means that I would need to get the certificate attested. Could someone please let me know how do i go about getting the PCC attested and remove the red stamp?
Would it be easier to just get the police clearance certificate from Dubai Police instead? Would it be accepted by IRCC?

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
As long as the certificate is signed and have the MOI seal on it then it's fine.
Usually IRCC will verify it during the security screening at the very end
Hi, I have the same stamp on my PCC. did it work in your case? I am wondering if the stamp means that we need additional attestation?

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am applying for my Canadian citizenship which requires a PCC from UAE. I have stayed in Dubai before I relocated to Canada and wanted to check if a PCC from Dubai Police would suffice or would it have be the PCC from the UAE Ministry of Interior? The link on the Canada.ca website refers to the PCC from UAE Ministry of Interior.
I applied for that and got one which has a big red stamp which says the following "Please Refer to the UAE Diplomatic Missions Abroad or Customers Happiness Centers of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation". I understand on reading the posts above that this means that I would need to get the certificate attested. Could someone please let me know how do i go about getting the PCC attested and remove the red stamp?
Would it be easier to just get the police clearance certificate from Dubai Police instead? Would it be accepted by IRCC?
Hi, I have the same stamp on my PCC which I got from UAE Ministry of Interior. Did it work in your case? I am wondering if the stamp means that we need additional attestation?

sai86

Nov 3, 2018
Abu Dhabi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
28-12-2018
AOR Received.
28-12-2018
Med's Done....
28-12-2018
Hi All, looks like everyone is having doubts with the red stamp on the PCC. I am not sure if this is ok. Some previous comments say they had to visit UAE embassy in Canada and they got a form to fill out, pay fees and get a new one with stamp removed.

A previous comment mentions we can choose inside country as purpose and for reason you can choose 'outside country purpose', but that option does not exist.

Someone I know said they submitted with the red stamp and their PR was processed. Someone else who submitted is still waiting for decision.

Anyone has more clarity on this, please do shed some light.

Maish M

Aug 10, 2023
option 1

hi the red stamp usually appear if you choose "use outside the country" on the purpose of use. The option after choosing outside would be the country where you will use it. and you have to pay 100 AED total including attestation.

on the other hand we can opt to do the following step

option 2

choose use inside the country for the purpose of use then system will ask you the reason then "choose for outside country purpose" and then write down the organzation requesting it. I put IRCC, delivery method is thru email only and cost 50 AED only.

U will get then the PCC without the red seal and at the buttom of the page it will show to be submitted to: IRCC

Can someone anyway can verify if this PCC is acceptable.?some of my colleuges used it on their US application and was accepted not sure about IRCC. I do have the PCC with red seal and my wife does have the option 2 without the red seal and does include the submitted to IRCC on the buttom of the page
Can someone verify if you have chosen the 'use inside country' option to avoid the big red stamp on the PCC ? Was it accepted by IRCC ?

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi All, looks like everyone is having doubts with the red stamp on the PCC. I am not sure if this is ok. Some previous comments say they had to visit UAE embassy in Canada and they got a form to fill out, pay fees and get a new one with stamp removed.

A previous comment mentions we can choose inside country as purpose and for reason you can choose 'outside country purpose', but that option does not exist.

Someone I know said they submitted with the red stamp and their PR was processed. Someone else who submitted is still waiting for decision.

Anyone has more clarity on this, please do shed some light.
Hi,
I got my PCC with a Red stamp and then I got it attested through the UAE embassy in Ottawa, then I received my UAE PCC with the proper embassy seal and I submitted it to IRCC. I got my PR approval. I recommend getting an attested PCC as per my experience. I hope this helps.

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Can someone verify if you have chosen the 'use inside country' option to avoid the big red stamp on the PCC ? Was it accepted by IRCC ?
Hi,
I can share my experience, it may not be what you are looking for. I got my PCC with a red stamp and then I got it attested through the UAE embassy in Ottawa, then I received my UAE PCC with the proper embassy seal and I submitted it to IRCC. I got my PR approval. I recommend getting an attested PCC as per my experience. I hope this helps.

Maish M

Aug 10, 2023
Hi,
I got my PCC with a Red stamp and then I got it attested through the UAE embassy in Ottawa, then I received my UAE PCC with the proper embassy seal and I submitted it to IRCC. I got my PR approval. I recommend getting an attested PCC as per my experience. I hope this helps.
Hi Dushyant,
What was the process of getting it attested by the UAE Embassy in Ottawa? Is it online or one needs to go in person? How long did it take and what was the cost?

Dusyant Kumar

Star Member
Jul 7, 2018
Hi Dushyant,
What was the process of getting it attested by the UAE Embassy in Ottawa? Is it online or one needs to go in person? How long did it take and what was the cost?
Hi,
I took the help of one attestation agent who helped me in this. I had to send my documents to him, I think the page with the red stamp. It took around 1 month and his fees, which I don't remember exactly but reasonable.

sonaanuu

Sep 23, 2023
Does anybody have an issue with a wrong passport number on the PCC for PR application. I applied for PCC through MOI and it got issued within like 20 minutes. But the passport number on the certificate is my old one. I had my passport renewed before I left UAE. Not sure why its the old number on file. Also, there was no option to enter any new information. Does anybody have any clue what to do.

asadkkc

Oct 4, 2023
Anyone's PCC from MOI app with red stamp 'Please Refer to the UAE Diplomatic Missions Abroad or Customers Happiness Centers of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation' confirm whether their PCC was accepted?

This thread has different responses, can someone please confirm if your PCC was accepted with the red stamp? Because the PCC clearly states 'No Criminal Antecedents of the above subject till date'.

Also, the UAE Embassy in Ottawa is very unorganized, they never pick calls or respond to voicemails or emails. Their reviews speak for themselves.

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am in need of a pcc as well from uae.
so now my case is that I got one from moi under outside uae use with a red stamp in between. So then I sent it in for attestation and received a copy through email and had one hard copy sent to my address. Now my issue is that the hard copy that was sent to my address got nicked by some jerk from my mail box and I am not able to send for attestation a copy again. So my question is can I print out the attested copy that I received for any situation where a hard copy might be required.
appreciate any help
just wanted to know where you sent for attestation? Which address in Canada and was it via email or in person?

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Anyone's PCC from MOI app with red stamp 'Please Refer to the UAE Diplomatic Missions Abroad or Customers Happiness Centers of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and international Cooperation' confirm whether their PCC was accepted?

This thread has different responses, can someone please confirm if your PCC was accepted with the red stamp? Because the PCC clearly states 'No Criminal Antecedents of the above subject till date'.

Also, the UAE Embassy in Ottawa is very unorganized, they never pick calls or respond to voicemails or emails. Their reviews speak for themselves.
Hi, did you find a solution as I have also received a PCC with a RED stamp on it. How did you have it removed?

sk1976

Jun 1, 2017
Hi, I have the same stamp on my PCC which I got from UAE Ministry of Interior. Did it work in your case? I am wondering if the stamp means that we need additional attestation?
Did you manage to resolve this issue?

Jane0210

Jun 15, 2022
Hi just wanted to ask if my police clearance i got from MOI will be valid & accepted by IRCC for citizenship application without photo on it? I reached out to MOI and they want me to verify my emirates ID but the problem is that the verification code was sent to my uae old number and dont have access to it.