+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"VENEZUELAN APPLICANTS" **Let's Network **

Marja

Jul 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-07-2010
Hello, welcome to this forum, I would like to share experiences or questions about immigrate to Canada. Actually we were transfer to Ottawa Pilot Program. We started the process on April 2007.

Welcome :) Welcome :) Welcome :) Welcome :) Welcome

Marja

Jul 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
15-07-2010
::)
Appears that not many Venezuelans knows about this forum....

Burguesito are you in Canada? Or, are you still in process?

maq0r

Star Member
Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey

There's a couple of us in here, but, a big chunk of us are at mequieroir.com

We have graphs, numbers, procedures, and lots of information overthere (in the forums btw)

timmiquense

Oct 19, 2010
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
LOS ANGELES
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2009
Med's Request
01-06-2010
Passport Req..
15-09-2010
HOLA,

Otro venezolano mas para el forum.

Saludos!

ucan

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas / CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
I also applied for PR in Venezuela, just got the visa in Nov 2010 and the case was also processed by the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa, though it was initially processed in Caracas since early 2007.
As mentioned by maq0r, many Venezuelan applicants network through mequieroir.com, there's even a topic there for Ottawa-processed cases.

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2011 Received by CIO: 13-04-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application (Overall 7.0)
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
Hi I am Venezuelan too!

What i dislike about mequieroir.com forum is the search feature. It doesn't work as it supposed to. And the organization of the forum is not what i expected. I've found a lot of information here and ofc also in mequieroir but i think it's better.

I'm about to apply!

MBRT

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
AOR Received.
10-12-11
Med's Request
5-9-12
Med's Done....
11-9-12
Passport Req..
5-9-12
Hello everyone! I´m not from Venezuela, I´m from Guatemala and haven´t found anyone from my country here or in "me quiero ir" hope you don´t mind.
I´m just waiting for my IELTS results to send my application, hope everything is ok.
Do you guys know if work experience before gratuating is good for points? I really need those points!

Where are you in the process? I am very excited about sending the application package and want to do it at soon as possible.
I´m applying as an Architect NOC 2151 what are your NOC`s?

Saludos,
Mónica

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
MBRT said:
Hello everyone! I´m not from Venezuela, I´m from Guatemala and haven´t found anyone from my country here or in "me quiero ir" hope you don´t mind.
I´m just waiting for my IELTS results to send my application, hope everything is ok.
Do you guys know if work experience before gratuating is good for points? I really need those points!

Where are you in the process? I am very excited about sending the application package and want to do it at soon as possible.

Saludos,
Mónica

DOn't mind me at all!

As latinoamericans we need to stick together and share our experiences about this process. I'm just about to apply. I have almost all the requirements.

In concern about your doubt I think you should read in the 2151 noc page where it says something about requirements for that occupation. If it states technical you are in! I know you are not a technician but you can explain this issue on a explanation letter along your application. ok??

ucan

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas / CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MBRT said:

Saludos,
Mónica
As mentioned by MBRT, check out the NOC description. The FSW requirement is 1 year of full-time experience. If NOC description allows, and, say, you worked 2 part-time years, that could meet the requirement, but again, check it out, and provide some sort of cover letter explaining the rationale.

If it's not too much to ask, how many points are you missing and under what assumption of IELTS score?

MBRT

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
AOR Received.
10-12-11
Med's Request
5-9-12
Med's Done....
11-9-12
Passport Req..
5-9-12
Hi guys, thank you for your answer, here is the thing, I graduated in 2004. I worked since May 2002 through June 2004 in a company performing most of the main duties listed in NOC 2151, after that I worked also as an architect for 6 month in another company, after that worked in some other NOC for 8 months. After that worked for 9 months as self-employed also as an architect, later on was a consultant architect for another company for 6 months.

The question is, the work experience have to be consecutive, I know minimum you need to have one consecutive year, but can I add the 6 months and then the 9 months, etc? I´m really confused ???

If I take 2 years of work experience I need to get two "High proficency" in my IELTS results... maybe I´ll wait for my results before getting too worried
What do you think?

ucan

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas / CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The "years of work experience" is not the same as the "NOC experience" requirement. If you have experience in other occupations, you can claim those points in the work experience section AS LONG AS you meet the minimum 1-year requirement in the Architect NOC (without that, you must not even apply). Anyway, as for the IELTS, you should aim at getting nothing below 7.0 :)

betterfuture

Star Member
Mar 20, 2011
Caracas, Venezuela
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Jun 18,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Aug 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 15, 2012
LANDED..........
May 16, 2013
IELTS below 7.0 is also good for you in order to obtain high proficiency. I don't remember very well but i think it's this way: 6.5+ in reading, speaking and writing and 7.0+ in listening would give you high proficiency.

What i don't completely understand is your experience on NOC 2151. did you work 1 year in this occupation?

MBRT

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
AOR Received.
10-12-11
Med's Request
5-9-12
Med's Done....
11-9-12
Passport Req..
5-9-12
ucan said:
The "years of work experience" is not the same as the "NOC experience" requirement. If you have experience in other occupations, you can claim those points in the work experience section AS LONG AS you meet the minimum 1-year requirement in the Architect NOC (without that, you must not even apply). Anyway, as for the IELTS, you should aim at getting nothing below 7.0 :)

That´s good news, I can claim work experiencie from other NOC´s. I have the 1-year minimum in NOC 2151.
Thank you !!

MBRT

Jan 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
AOR Received.
10-12-11
Med's Request
5-9-12
Med's Done....
11-9-12
Passport Req..
5-9-12
betterfuture said:
IELTS below 7.0 is also good for you in order to obtain high proficiency. I don't remember very well but i think it's this way: 6.5+ in reading, speaking and writing and 7.0+ in listening would give you high proficiency.

Yes you are right, reading, speaking and writing = 6.5 and listening =7 to obtain high proficiency. I can´t wait for my results, they said we can check online tomorrow ;).

What i don't completely understand is your experience on NOC 2151. did you work 1 year in this occupation?
Yes I did, two continuos years before graduating as an architect but performing main duties of the NOC.