+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

Somestranger

Jan 5, 2016
Good morning,
I am a student from India currently pursuing BCA (Bachelors of computer Applications) . It is a 3 years degree.
what are the requirements for admission in masters in computer science ?

I got to know that the requirement for a MASTERS admission is minimum 4 years bachelors degree. so if i purse a PG diploma in computers from CANADA for 1 year, will i be eligible for this masters course?
if no, how can i be eligible for it?
Please help me!!

hoping for a positive reply.
Thankyou

masror

Apr 10, 2016
Hi all, (new to this group)
i would like ask if anybody can help
i am from pakistan but have been working in malaysia for the past 7 years. i applied for my wife for quebec in heritage college and got acceptance. She is currently in calafornia with her family as her father passed away, will be returning to malaysia in june the session starts in august.

the things i want to ask your expertise on:
1. should she apply for her study permit in losangeles as she has five years multiple pass visa for usa.
2. when applying for CAQ should we mention all family to accompany her i have a three children 6 years, 4 years and 1 year old child.
3. the sponsor if i put her sister as first sponsor and myself as cosponsor as i am still working in malaysia .
4. For CAQ and study permit should apply for family as visit or should i take study permit for the children.
5. how much time the los angeles consulate take as they say singapore takes longer time

thank you if anyone can reply me as soon as possible

radel

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Hi Connie , I would like to ask you some questions. I am going to apply for a student visa and work permit for my wife . Our postgraduated diploma will cost around CAN $ 15000 , and I have about CAN $ 44000 in our banks to support ourselves and our 2 kids . Also We have in our country our house, 2 SUV trucks and a business under our name . Will be that enough to get the visas and the work permit for my wife??? thanks in advance for your reply
ConnieD said:
Hi Angel, how are you?

I applied to EE and got invitation, the reason I went through study permit is because PR is still in process and it probably wouldn't be ready on time for me to start studying in May, even if it came through now.
Nevertheless, about student visa it's a good option!!! I applied to a HR postgraduate at George Brown College. I'm going over to Toronto with my husband (got an Open Work Permit) and 2 kids.
I'd suggest you choose well what and where to study in order to make sure you get accepted, as you'll have to present letter of acceptance and eventually once in Canada you'll have to prove you are actually doing considerable progress in your studies.
For your husband to get the work permit you'd have to show you don't intend to stay for good in Canada. In our case, we presented our house and car property title. In addition, as my husband is a freelance Accountant he will keep working from there, so he got a letter from one of his clientes stating he will continue to provide services during his time in Canada. So, you should try to find what would show Canadian government that you intend to go back to your home country. I'd say, mostly financial ties as properties (house/car/business) a job, etc.
You will also have to prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself and family during your time there. Basically, that you don't depend on your husband finding a job in order to study and live.
If you can get that, I'm pretty sure you'll get approved really quickly.

Not sure if this helps you or not. If you have any other question, feel free to ask! GOOD LUCK!

elnaz101

Apr 19, 2016
Hi
I think my situation is almost similar to yours could you kindly help me?

My husband has got and admission from one of the Canadian universities with full fund. As there is a great bond between us (we are married for five years) and we have a 1-year old doughter. So I and my daughter want to accompany him during his studies.

I have bachelors degree with 3 years of job experience.

would you kindly let me know that which kind of visa is suitable for me with less risk of rejection? visitor or open work permit?
and what document I should upload?

elnaz101

Apr 19, 2016
ConnieD said:
I did the exact same thing as you are asking about, adn I'm currently in Toronto with my husand and 2 kids.
- You apply for all visas/permits together.
- Purpose of travel, you basically have to show you are planning to return to your home country once your permit is over. Show ties to homeland, for example properties you have, or a letter from your employer, in case you are an license. nd that your purpose is acompanying your wife dring her studies.
- Your kids need a visa tu get in. Kindergarten (for 4 year old) is enough with a turist visa. For the 10 year old, I'm almost sure you'll need a study permit. Doule check on the cic website, just in case.
- No letter of acceptance for your kids, specially if they are going to public schools. At least I did not have to sho any and have a 4.5 (kinder) and a 2 year (in da care)
Hi
I think my situation is almost similar to yours could you kindly help me?

My husband has got and admission from one of the Canadian universities with full fund. As there is a great bond between us (we are married for five years) and we have a 1-year old doughter. So I and my daughter want to accompany him during his studies.

I have bachelors degree with 3 years of job experience.

would you kindly let me know that which kind of visa is suitable for me with less risk of rejection? visitor or open work permit?
and what document I should upload?

nadiakhalid2

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi everybody
I am planning to apply for PhD in 2017 intake. i have three kids age 9, 6 and 2. i want to take my kids and husband with me. somebody told if that even if i secure admission in very good university, its not a good idea to apply for study visa along with my dependents. I should go first and than apply visa for my family from Canada. I am from Pakistan and the ratio of getting visa is already very thin from my country. what should i do as my youngest child is too much dependent on me and i cant just left her? what if I apply only for her and show that my friend who is in Toronto will look after for her?
if i come alone, how long it will take to get visa for my family?
what city would be the best( in term of quicker and easiest immigration) choice for me if I want to settle down after the completion of my PhD?

Thankyou in advance

i would really appreciate if anybody who has gone through similar situation can answer me

kumar_naresh1997

Dec 11, 2008
Hi friends
Can students completing a two year diploma program like LPN from private post secondary institutes like Sprott Shaw College Abbotsford be eligible to receive 3 years post graduate work permit from CIC?
Please advise.

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Thanks for the list Tiger!
Really awesome stuff!

Cheerz!

Jaymitsinh

May 1, 2016
Hi guys
How many backlog allow for students visa Canada.
How many students who have more than 10 backlog they got visa.
Does it matter for visa.
My Ielts band 6.5.

runaway982

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
What about health care for my children (5 and 3)
I saw that Ontario province do not support health care for international student. If I go with my husband on open work permit, and get a job in Canada, would my children be covered with my work health insurance?

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
runaway982 said:
What about health care for my children (5 and 3)
I saw that Ontario province do not support health care for international student. If I go with my husband on open work permit, and get a job in Canada, would my children be covered with my work health insurance?
You may be eligible, provided:
You must be employed full-time for an employer in Ontario for a minimum of 6 months and :
Maintain their primary place of residence in Ontario; and
Be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period, and
Be physically present in Ontario for 153 of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province

More information:
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/publications/ohip/temp_foreign.aspx
http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ohipfaq_mn.aspx

CB

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaymitsinh said:
Hi guys
How many backlog allow for students visa Canada.
How many students who have more than 10 backlog they got visa.
Does it matter for visa.
My Ielts band 6.5.
For India:
10+3 and 10+2+3 year’s education (Diploma) pattern 3 to 4 backlogs are acceptable and 10+2+4 (B. Pharmacy, All Bachelor of Engineering etc. ) or more years education pattern 6 to 8 back logs are acceptable but failure in core subjects, more than 2 attempts in same subject and more than 5 backlogs will be viewed negatively.

Hope this helps.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
This is killer information, thanks for compiling.