+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

prachikk22

Jul 28, 2022
I am an Indian student and I’m travelling to Canada for the first time with my dog. My flight is from Delhi - Toronto. Does anyone have experience with immigration, what kind of questions they ask? Do you know if it’s okay for my to travel with a dog or will they stop me?

idkme

Apr 29, 2023
I am an Indian student and I’m travelling to Canada for the first time with my dog. My flight is from Delhi - Toronto. Does anyone have experience with immigration, what kind of questions they ask? Do you know if it’s okay for my to travel with a dog or will they stop me?
did you already contact your airline and add PET service on your booking ?

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My sister-in-law came to Canada as a Student about six months ago. She is no longer interested in the course, but since her course is a bachelor's degree, she still has four years to go. My brother is also in Canada and has an open work permit. However, he has been offered LMIA by his employer in the restaurant where he is working. Can my brother take the LMIA, work there for a year and apply for the PNP? If yes, what happens to my sister-in-law? Would she have to continue her study until my brother gets his work permit or PNP? Or this can't be done at all???

Thank you in advance.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi,
My sister-in-law came to Canada as a Student about six months ago. She is no longer interested in the course, but since her course is a bachelor's degree, she still has four years to go. My brother is also in Canada and has an open work permit. However, he has been offered LMIA by his employer in the restaurant where he is working. Can my brother take the LMIA, work there for a year and apply for the PNP? If yes, what happens to my sister-in-law? Would she have to continue her study until my brother gets his work permit or PNP? Or this can't be done at all???

Thank you in advance.
Hi there,

I understand your concern. Here's what I can tell you about your situation:

• Your brother can take the LMIA and work there for a year. This will allow him to apply for a permanent residence (PR) through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
  • Your sister-in-law does not have to continue her studies if she is no longer interested in the course. However, she will need to find a way to support herself financially while she is in Canada.
  • There are a few options available to her, such as getting a job, getting married to a Canadian citizen, or applying for a study permit to another program.
If she decides to get a job, she will need to find one that is eligible for a work permit. She can find a list of eligible jobs on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

If she decides to get married to a Canadian citizen, she will need to apply for permanent residence through the spousal sponsorship program.

If she decides to apply for a study permit to another program, she will need to meet the requirements for that program.

The best option for her will depend on her individual circumstances. She should speak to an immigration lawyer or consultant to get more information about her options.

I hope this helps!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Once your sister-in-law drops out then she changes her status to visitor. Her study permit will be cancelled. If she wants to work she will need a LMIA to apply for a closed work permit.

When does the open work permit expire? He can continue working until it expires without a LMIA. He can apply if eligible for PNP.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

I understand your concern. Here's what I can tell you about your situation:

• Your brother can take the LMIA and work there for a year. This will allow him to apply for a permanent residence (PR) through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).
  • Your sister-in-law does not have to continue her studies if she is no longer interested in the course. However, she will need to find a way to support herself financially while she is in Canada.
  • There are a few options available to her, such as getting a job, getting married to a Canadian citizen, or applying for a study permit to another program.
If she decides to get a job, she will need to find one that is eligible for a work permit. She can find a list of eligible jobs on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website.

If she decides to get married to a Canadian citizen, she will need to apply for permanent residence through the spousal sponsorship program.

If she decides to apply for a study permit to another program, she will need to meet the requirements for that program.

The best option for her will depend on her individual circumstances. She should speak to an immigration lawyer or consultant to get more information about her options.

I hope this helps!
Hi, thanks for the reply. I think, I probably confused you when I explained. My sister in law is married to my brother. My brother has an open work permit due to her being an student. They also have a kid of 1 year.

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once your sister-in-law drops out then she changes her status to visitor. Her study permit will be cancelled. If she wants to work she will need a LMIA to apply for a closed work permit.

When does the open work permit expire? He can continue working until it expires without a LMIA. He can apply if eligible for PNP.
My brother work permit expires in 3 years from now. Our concern is, if he starts working in LMIA, what happens to my sister-in-law? What happens if she drops the program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So, if my brother takes the LMIA and if he gets the close work permit, would my sister-in-law be able to apply for the open work permit as a spouse?
Maybe. Canada changed the rules a few years ago. Your sister-in-law is the the principal foreign national as she is the first foreign national of the couple who obtained a study or work permit or was deemed authorized to work under the provisions of section R186. Her spouse got an OWP because of her. So she may not be eligible to apply for a work permit. Now if he has an approved LMIA and closed work permit, she can try and apply. If refused it is because of this rule.

So is your brother working for the same employer who is offering the LMIA? If so he many not be eligible for a closed work permit because the employer has to prove they could not hire anyone, and they can, your brother, who has an OWP.

In the meantime, if she quits then she stops working as her study permit will be cancelled. She changes her status to visitor.

SasaBasi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2023
Hi. I'm about to probably ask a question that has been answered severally, but I can't seem to get a solution.

I'm currently doing a one year graduate certificate in IT in Ontario. I plan to take a second one year graduate certificate in order to get the 3 year work permit. I don't want to do it here in Ontario since the province is too competitive for PR application via international student pathway. Which province would work best for me? I plan on taking advantage of the various PNP programs. I'm currently 31 years old and my spouse and child will be coming next year when I apply a joint study permit extension together with Sowp and visitor record.

arindam.d

Feb 14, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi. I'm about to probably ask a question that has been answered severally, but I can't seem to get a solution.

I'm currently doing a one year graduate certificate in IT in Ontario. I plan to take a second one year graduate certificate in order to get the 3 year work permit. I don't want to do it here in Ontario since the province is too competitive for PR application via international student pathway. Which province would work best for me? I plan on taking advantage of the various PNP programs. I'm currently 31 years old and my spouse and child will be coming next year when I apply a joint study permit extension together with Sowp and visitor record.
Check Atlantic provinces

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

I understand your concern about the competition for PR in Ontario. Here are some provinces that may be a better option for you:
  • Saskatchewan: Saskatchewan has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the International Graduate Stream and the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP). The SINP also has a stream specifically for IT workers.

• Manitoba: Manitoba also has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the Skilled Worker in Manitoba Stream and the Expression of Interest (EOI) Stream. The EOI Stream is a points-based system that allows you to apply for a nomination based on your skills, education, and work experience.

• New Brunswick: New Brunswick has a PNP stream specifically for international students called the Express Entry: New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (EE:NBPNP). This stream allows you to apply for a nomination based on your Express Entry profile.

• Nova Scotia: Nova Scotia has a number of PNP streams that are open to international students, including the Skilled Worker Stream and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream. The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is a great option if you are interested in starting your own business in Nova Scotia.
These are just a few of the provinces that have PNP streams that are open to international students. I recommend doing some research to find the province that is the best fit for you.

Here are some factors to consider when choosing a province:
  • The job market for your field of study
  • The cost of living
  • The climate
  • The availability of PNP programs
  • The family reunification policies
Once you have chosen a province, you can start planning your studies and your application for a PNP nomination.

I hope this helps!