+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

Pbooracricko

Apr 15, 2020
I took admission in one of the suspended colleges of quebec..its been a year now and have not received any decision on my application....so Is it advisable to change college, course and province while study permit application is under review? Has anyone of you done that? If yes, what are the approaches and documents required to update ircc regarding the same? Looking forward for genuine advice.

nm421

May 1, 2021
Hey Everyone

I am enquiring to potential students of all ages and backgrounds to provide insight on whether they would study abroad.

pawiks101

Mar 24, 2019
I really need your insights on this matter, I have worked full time right after my college ends and before I applied for PGWP, will this be an issue with my PR application? How can I rectify this problem, if anyone has experience, please share.

April 17, 2020 - college ends
April 18, 2020 - started working full time
May 10, 2020 - received college credentials
June 3, 2020 - applied for PGWP

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I really need your insights on this matter, I have worked full time right after my college ends and before I applied for PGWP, will this be an issue with my PR application? How can I rectify this problem, if anyone has experience, please share.

April 17, 2020 - college ends
April 18, 2020 - started working full time
May 10, 2020 - received college credentials
June 3, 2020 - applied for PGWP
https://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?st=15.3
I’m an international student. Can I continue to work after I’ve finished my study program?
Generally, no. You must stop working once you’ve received your final grades.

You can continue to work after you finished your studies only if:
  • you’ve already applied for a work permit, or
  • you’re starting a new study program
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/work-off-campus.html#after
Working after you complete your study program
After you complete your study program, there are 2 ways you may be able to work full-time:
  • you already applied for a work permit before your study permit expired or
  • you’re starting a new study program
You need to meet all the requirements listed below to work full-time. If we refuse your work or study permit application, you must stop working and leave Canada.

If you already applied for a work permit
You can work full-time if you meet all of these requirements:
  • You were already able to work off campus during your studies
  • You applied for a work permit or post-graduation work permit (PGWP) before your study permit expired
  • You’re waiting for a decision on your work permit application
If you’re starting a new study program
You can work full-time if you meet all of these requirements:
  • You were already able to work off campus during your previous studies
  • You have a valid study permit or you applied to extend your study permit before it expired
  • You received written confirmation from your current school that you completed your program
  • You received a letter of acceptance to a new full-time study program at a DLI
  • You’ll start your new program within 150 calendar days of receiving the confirmation that you completed your previous program

ShinyCobra

May 14, 2021
Gujarat, India
Category........
STUDY
My IELTS score is overall 6.5 and 5.5 in Speaking. I have score 85% in Bachelor of computer engineering degree.
Applying for post graduation in Networking in January Intake.

Can anyone tell me the acceptance ratio in 2021 for India.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My IELTS score is overall 6.5 and 5.5 in Speaking. I have score 85% in Bachelor of computer engineering degree.
Applying for post graduation in Networking in January Intake.

Can anyone tell me the acceptance ratio in 2021 for India.
There is no acceptance ratio. You need to have a strong profile. If you have a CS degree why do you have to spend thousands on a networking program. You IELTS score of 5.5 is low.

Bushara Desai

May 30, 2021
Hello,
I have a query, I have express entry profile number for PR but now due to pandemic there is delay so I want to switch to student visa, is it possible? I just have a profile, I don't have any nomination or invitation.
I have completed my Bachelor's in 2014 and INTER CA from ICAI in 2015. I have done internship of three years. And after that I have been working in the field of accounts and taxation.
Will I be eligible for student visa and do I need to withdraw my express entry profile or is it Ohk if two files are under process simultaniously?
Kindly help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,
I have a query, I have express entry profile number for PR but now due to pandemic there is delay so I want to switch to student visa, is it possible? I just have a profile, I don't have any nomination or invitation.
I have completed my Bachelor's in 2014 and INTER CA from ICAI in 2015. I have done internship of three years. And after that I have been working in the field of accounts and taxation.
Will I be eligible for student visa and do I need to withdraw my express entry profile or is it Ohk if two files are under process simultaniously?
Kindly help.
You can have both profiles at the same time.

Godday

Feb 19, 2020
Please can anyone here help with these question below.
I did applied for study visa last year and I was refused of visa and i applied for judicial review. Judicial review requested that my case should be settled. And they open my portal to resubmit application of which I did.. am I guarantee to be granted study visa since judicial review requested that the case should be settled.

Svyas

Sep 27, 2019
I am having strange query in open house.
I am 44 yrs old and now I want to pursue study .My question is that is 25 years of gap will be accepted in any college in Canada, can any one share me the details of college for mature student.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
I am 44 yrs old and now I want to pursue study .My question is that is 25 years of gap will be accepted in any college in Canada, can any one share me the details of college for mature student.
Age is not a problem in getting acceptance to colleges. I was 46 when I got my acceptance at Durham college. Getting approval for SP is another matter.

neo_dxb

Star Member
Sep 11, 2020
Hello,

I was 44 yrs old when I got the SP last year (Fall). Few things to bear in mind:
1. From my understanding, age is not an issue for most universities. They look at your creds such as last held educational certificate, CV that outlines your experience in the area in which you intend to pursue your education, IELTS (mostly Academic but some are OK with General)
2. Select a program (preferably Masters and not Diploma) that aligns with your current profile that will help with career growth
3. Financial - decent bank balance that will cover the cost of the education and other expenses for yourself and dependents (if they are traveling with you) for the duration of the study, properties you own, etc
3. Draft a strong SOP for both the university and immigration, that describes in clear terms:
a) Why this particular university?
b) Why this program?
c) Why now?
d) Strong ties to your home/resident country

Best of luck!

Amy Paul

Star Member
May 29, 2021
Hi Anu123,
Greetings,

Looking at the details you have provided, i believe that you will easily get your study visa with no issues at all. You should only provide some good explanation in your SOP while filling the study visa file.
If any further question is there, feel free to mail me on helpseeker@yahoo.com

All the best for your visa.
Hi there
Can I write to you too? I have a query too...