+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

Glorianino7

Sep 18, 2018
Hi guys. My coursemate and I have been running an online public forum for Canadian students (both local and international) for a while now; with the aim of connecting all students in Canada to discuss academic and general life issues. The forum is built with lots of unique features that makes it easier for students to use and registration is absolutely free. Pls feel free to join @ studentmatrix.ca

anonymous4056b

Dec 17, 2019
Hello

If there is a change in job status, do v have to inform ircc of that change in case of study permit applications?

In my case, I applied for a study permit on march 26th. I submitted my job offer letter and salary slips. However, because of covid-19 complications the company I was working for shut down. And June would be the last month of working for me. In this case, is it necessary to submit a webform to inform ircc of the change in my employment status?

Thank you✌

esihinl

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hi Friends,

I am 32 years old with 10 years of corporate experience. I am planning to come to Canada on Study visa. But confused either i should go with Masters or Diploma.

For Masters , i understand there is a OINP stream which can help.
But,If i go with 2 year Diploma from Ontario college, do we have any OINP stream which can help me to get PR if in case my points will not meet under Federal system.

Please provide suggestions!

Bence

Jul 2, 2020
Hello.
I'm a 25-year-old Nigeria with a National Diploma (OND) in secretarial studies. I intend to start an undergraduate program in Business Administration in Canada next year January(2021) please I need a step by step guide on what to do

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
Hi Friends,

I am 32 years old with 10 years of corporate experience. I am planning to come to Canada on Study visa. But confused either i should go with Masters or Diploma.

For Masters , i understand there is a OINP stream which can help.
But,If i go with 2 year Diploma from Ontario college, do we have any OINP stream which can help me to get PR if in case my points will not meet under Federal system.

Please provide suggestions!
opt for PG Int'l Business - PR route is always available irrespective of path chosen..
write back if u need assistance

veeru5

Star Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All,

I just received an offer from Conestoga College for January 2020 Intake. This is a conditional offer letter with the below comments:

*Successful completion of the Master's degree with a minimum "B" average*

Could someone please shed some light if anyone know what does "B" average is equivalent to as in Indian Grading percentage system?

I am pursuing my masters right now and was expected to be completed by August 2020. However, govt. is still debating if the Universities should conduct exams or not.

Appreciate your time.
Thank you!

SDS

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hi everyone,

Asking on behalf of a friend...

My friend is a secondary school teacher and wondering what kind of course should select for studies in Canada. Master of Education (MEd) would be the best choice but not adequate academic results to meet admission requirements. Any other course that anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all....

preet1606

Star Member
May 25, 2019
Hi, asking for a friend,
he has a study permit with a co-op work permit until the end of September.
he has all the letters from the college to apply for extension but don’t know if he should apply for study permit first or work permit first or is there a way to apply for both together.. They both expire in end of September ..t
thanks

deepika_bohra

Mar 16, 2016
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Med's Done....
19-12-2020
Passport Req..
19-07-2021
I am a PR and looking to get my sister admitted for school in grade 11. How does the admission for school work? Am I able to bring her here as international student for schooling? My parents are very aged now so I have to be her guardian which is why I am ready to take my sister's responsibility

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
I am a PR and looking to get my sister admitted for school in grade 11. How does the admission for school work? Am I able to bring her here as international student for schooling? My parents are very aged now so I have to be her guardian which is why I am ready to take my sister's responsibility
yes as an Int'l Student.

junaidstar

Oct 10, 2016
Khobar
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Karachi
NOC Code......
I am planning for a Masters from Canada, but my spouse has an active Express Entry Profile with myself included as secondary applicant. Does this scenario contributes to my Visa Refusal chances for Masters as being considered as Dual Intent? Please suggest. Thanks

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Which PNP program takes lot of out of Canada applicants with low scores? NOCs are related to 2171, 2173 and 2283
SINP is inviting ITA for this NOC. You can apply there
I am just curious Why you want to go out of Quebec? Any particular reason? Actually I am planning to come for Masters in Quebec in winter. Your information might help me.

shopnodana91

Dec 20, 2016
Bangladesh
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-01-2021
Med's Request
02-03-2021
Med's Done....
08-03-2021
Passport Req..
01-04-2021
Try to look for those courses which have mentioned professional masters or for exp folks. Based on my research, try to apply for MEngg courses as many of them accept students with professional experience. I have 13 years of exp in IT and I am trying to apply to such programs only. Do not apply for Thesis based/Project based programs, you will be wasting you money in applications. Look for only Course Based programs to increase your chances of getting selected. Check for these universities/courses below who accept people with exp.
1. https://www.ece.ubc.ca/academic-programs/graduate/programs/masters-engineering
2. http://www.sfu.ca/computing/current-students/graduate-students/academic-programs/professional-master-of-science-in-computer-science/about-the-program.html
3. https://www.concordia.ca/ginacody/computer-science-software-eng/programs/software-eng/meng.html?utm_source=redirect&utm_campaign=meng-software-engineering.html
4. https://grad.uwo.ca/admissions/international.html
I got conditional offer from Concordia for MENg in Industrial Engineering for winter 2021. My IELTS is 6( not less than 6).I could not sit for ielts due to pandemic. I am planning for Study permit online next month. I have 10 years of experience in Industrial/Production sector. I am afraid I could get SP or not. Please suggest.