+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VARIOUS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMMES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS IN CANADA

sinpstudent

Sep 17, 2017
I have a question.
I have graduated from MSc from canadian university. Now enrolled in PhD immediately after graduation.
My question is “Do i need to be in work permit to apply for PR?”
Thank you in advance.

shelly wassan

May 26, 2016
Hi all,

I have completed my bachelor degree in machanical engineering in 2011.Now i have 6 years academic gap but for the 6 years i have full time work experience .Now planning to take 1 year diploma course in Canada and now am searching for the possibilities

Now my question is, i heared from some one that I may get a seat in college but I may not get study permit. Due to my academic gap i may get rejected by visa officers.

Is it true??. If yes please suggest me possible ways to approach the visa officers and the visa process.
Hey, an update-my brother got the visa. he had 5 years work experience after his MBA.

ronaksingh

Nov 2, 2017
My sister has applied for a Business Administration - Advanced Accounting Certificate at Mount Royal University. And she got the admission offer stating :

"The length of the program is 18 months of full time study. Assuming progression through the program in the normal way, the student should complete the program by the end of the Fall Semester 2019 (December 2019).

As long as academic standing is satisfactory, the student will be eligible to register continuously as a full time student at Mount Royal University, including our 8 week spring semester in May and June, until the completion of the program"

She has applied for Sep 2018 session. I need to know how many years of work permit will she get after completing this course. Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Reactions: escp

armesana

May 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Very informative thread!

My brother is interested in studying on one of the Eligible BC PNP programs under the International Post-Graduate & Express Entry International Post-Graduate programs.

Based on what I have read he should be qualified for PR in BC under the BC PNP program. Am I correct or does he need to meet additional requirements?

Many Thanks for your help :) !

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Greetings Everyone,

I am from Nigeria, I'm in a crossroad on what to do because I am absolutely confused. I first applied when I was in the University in 2012 for a Canada study permit visa to Centennial College but I was rejected a visa reasons been that "insufficient finance/funds."

I applied again in 2017 to Conestoga College immediately I graduated from the University in 2016 for the January 2018 intake but I was rejected again reasons been that "I would not return if I go, travel history, purpose of visit, current employment situation, and personal assets and financial status."

I wasn't sponsored by my father rather his friend sponsored me due to financial reasons, and I submitted these documents - "statement of account of my sponsor stating USD$29k, My University degree(B.A) & Transcript, Birth certificate, Letter of sponsor & affidavit, Evidence of sworn affidavit to prove relationship, forms filled regarding my information, forms filled regarding my family information, visa & biometric fee payment, other personal certificate, Letter of purpose/study plan, police clearance certificate." There was this agent who assisted me and he said my documents was okay before submission, then I was rejected.

In the form filled about my personal information, I stated I was working and inputted my place of work which is at the person sponsoring me and how much I earned but still I was rejected.

I am preparing to reapply again for the third, and this time I am doing it without the assistance of any agent to avoid what happened before, my questions are;

1. How many months after rejection am I eligible to reapply for a Canada visa?

2a. I googled and discovered I needed to request for a gcms notes before doing anything at all, how true?( I discovered this forum in the process, thank you).

2b. Since am not Canadian, and I don't have anybody presently in Canada, how can I request for the gcms notes?

3. Is there any harm to apply to a Canadian College when I graduated from a University?

4. Do I need a fresh/new Letters of sponsor/relationship showing 2018 as the dates on the previous Letters are now reflecting 2017?

5. In my SOP, can I add job/employment Letters of possible job offers from private organization/institution and my fathers business (I run it on behalf of the family) upon my completion of my Master's degree and upon my return back to my country Nigeria in other to convince the VO?

6. can I include certificate awards given to me as part of my processing documents?

7. can I also add my personal asset (inherited house and land documents) and SOA to the processing documents outside that of the sponsor's documents?

8. Is there a possibility that I would be denied again for the third time since I have been denied twice?

9a. I am trying to extend the offer date of my admission letter in Conestoga College to September 2018 resumption but no replies to my mails after numerous sent mails and I tried contacting the International Student Office on phone but it's going to answering machine/voicemail. How else can I get in touch with them?

9b. I am thinking of seeking for a refund so I can apply to a University, is it right? please I need advice

9c. I studied International Studies & Diplomacy in my previous University, please which University would be cheaper to apply for in Canada?

9d. What possible courses would suit my Master's program that will be able to give reasonable convincing to the VO?

10a. If I am able to deposit the requested CAD$11k into my personal account for students studying outside Quebec, can I withdraw the money after I have submitted my processing documents (personal SOA) because I will be borrowing the money?

10b. Will they check with my bank to confirm if the money is there or my account balance?

10c. Will it affect the processing if I withdraw the money from my account?

11. Do I need a payslip and a Letter from my employer to prove my employment situation?

12. How much is required to be in my personal account in US dollars if am working?

13. If I decide to change my previous sponsor's details to my fathers, will it affect the credibility of my documents if am applying again this year?

14. If I decide to change the previous School ( Conestoga College) to another school, will it affect the credibility of my documents given the short period of my visa refusal?

I would humbly appreciate if my questions are answered in a proper explanation ways and the answers are needed urgently. I have more questions, smiles. If possible send me an email johnpfyfasnow@gmail.com

THANKS.

Reactions: Al Saudi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You've asked a lot of questions. If you need all of them answered and want them answered urgently, you should hire an immigration lawyer to assist you. Otherwise you may need to wait a while before all or most of them are answered since people provide information here for free on their own time.

If you are applying to attend college after university, the program should be a post graduate diploma. It would be better to apply for a Masters.

The funding for your schooling should either be coming from you or an immediate family member (like your father or mother). Otherwise you're increasing the chances of refusal. I would not reapply again if your sponsor is still a friend. You'll be refused again.

Yes - two refusals generally make it more difficult to be approved a third time. But it's certainly possible.

There are many websites that allow you to apply for GCSM notes even though you aren't in Canada. You can easily find them by googling. Yes - you should order GCSM notes and see what they say before you apply again.

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you @uziduru2017, I really appreciate your time for such detailed explanation, You're richly blessed.

But what if for the third time of applying I change my sponsor to my father, is it advisable? ( because the first attempt my father was my sponsor, the second attempt my father's friend was my sponsor, and the third attempt now I want to use my father again.. please advice)

Last edited:

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Thank you @scylla your response was helpful, and I so much appreciate it. Please at your free time, it would be nice if you can please try to assist me in cracking the rest problems on the list.. Thank you so much