+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver

tommy_w25

Oct 22, 2008
Hi

i am moving to vancouver soon

In England i have been renting a small one bedroom flat with my girlfriend for reasonable money.

where is the best place to look for renting accomodation similar, or even shared accomodation as this can be cheaper.

I will be staying 6-12 months

thanks, Tom

zap0ne

Jan 14, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
24-07-1998
Hi

The internet is such a great resource to start your search and there are so many places that advertise rental accomodations;-

Craigs List
Kijiji
101 Apartments
247 Apartments
Canada Dot Com Renting
Canadian Residential Rentals
DCCI Real Estate
GSC Rentals
Home Base
Home Rent
Imperial Suites
Places 4 Rent
Rent Board
Rent Faster
Rent Home
Rent Spot
Sublet
View It

You can also find rental accomodation on the multiple listing service (www.mls.ca). You might want to consider using a Realtor (Aka. Estate Agent) to help you with your search. They can email the listings to you as they come on the market that meet your requirements and can also give you advice on areas, buildings, value for money etc. As a buyer, the Realtor is free to you and can provide opinion and information that you will need. For example, the Agent can provide comparable listings showing you how much rent a specific building is achieving so that you can compare with the property that you are interested in.

There have been some unscrupulous people that have scammed Tenants. One example is that a Tenant that is outgoing has advertised a property for rent on the internet. Shown a number of prospective Tenants around the property and collected deposit checks from these people. They have agreed to meet the people later to give them the keys and then they have never been seen again. One place just recently was simultaneously rented to a number to people this way and the absconding individual made off with over $40,000.

Using a Realtor, agreements are offered and accepted in writing giving you a legal contract with the Landlord. Any deposit monies that are paid are held in a Trust account and not paid directly to the Landlord. The money is not released to the Landlord until you have taken possession of the premises.

Anyway, check out the internet. I can refer you to an Agent in Vancouver if you need more assistance.