+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
So the day after I posted my tracker updated to oath scheduled for 12 September. No email invitation yet. Hopefully that's going to arrive soon!

EDIT: Notice to Appear for Video Oath Ceremony (out of Winnipeg) received on 1 September. I'm all set now to make my oath.
And today I made my oath. Citizenship all done!

Now to getting a passport!!!

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Did you receive your certificate?
Not yet. They said 2 to 5 days for electronic certificate to be available. I sent my signed oath form immediately after the ceremony. As I understand things, I must wait until I receive the email saying I can download from the IRCC Portal - is that correct?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Not yet. They said 2 to 5 days for electronic certificate to be available. I sent my signed oath form immediately after the ceremony. As I understand things, I must wait until I receive the email saying I can download from the IRCC Portal - is that correct?
No you can create the account on your own too. Also if you ever applied visitor visa n all the same account will have the option to download the e-certificate too.

Please follow steps in link if you interested in creating one - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/

Also share whenever you are able download the e-certificate.

Reactions: MelVan

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
No you can create the account on your own too. Also if you ever applied visitor visa n all the same account will have the option to download the e-certificate too.

Please follow steps in link if you interested in creating one - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10567136/

Also share whenever you are able download the e-certificate.
Thanks very much. I'll wait until 48 hours have passed since my oath ceremony, and then try creating an account if I've not heard anything then. There's been no update in my tracker, but it's only been 26 hours or so since I did the Zoom oath ceremony.

Reactions: forw.jane

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks very much. I'll wait until 48 hours have passed since my oath ceremony, and then try creating an account if I've not heard anything then. There's been no update in my tracker, but it's only been 26 hours or so since I did the Zoom oath ceremony.
Any luck with the e-certificate?
My friend had his ceremony on Sep 12 @11.30 am in Vancouver on zoom. Still no certificate available on portal.

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Any luck with the e-certificate?
My friend had his ceremony on Sep 12 @11.30 am in Vancouver on zoom. Still no certificate available on portal.
I received the email to create the IRCC portal account at 9.16am this morning. I created the account shortly after that, but couldn't download my e-certificate at that time.

I logged in at 5pm today and was able to download my e-certificate.

Off to the Passport Office at first light tomorrow morning!

Reactions: IPULL

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I received the email to create the IRCC portal account at 9.16am this morning. I created the account shortly after that, but couldn't download my e-certificate at that time.

I logged in at 5pm today and was able to download my e-certificate.

Off to the Passport Office at first light tomorrow morning!
What time was your ceremony?

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Have you taken the test now?
Yes I took the test on 11 and tracker mark completed on 14th sep.
However my tracker is updated on 16th Sep !! Does that mean they opened my file again today or it’s just for the test completed update ?

ceejay132

Feb 1, 2020
Yes I took the test on 11 and tracker mark completed on 14th sep.
However my tracker is updated on 16th Sep !! Does that mean they opened my file again today or it’s just for the test completed update ?
Oh. Nice. Finally. Congrats. The tracker updates 2 days after the actual update. So no. It wasn't opened again...

Reactions: Shiva91