+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Office Citizenship Applicants

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Yeah for sure.
I also submitted Dec 2021. Except my BG is completed Aug 2022. According to my ATIP notes, they completed a second BG for me, probably cuz they don't think they can complete my application on time and BG expires after a year.

We might be in the same group? I read somewhere on this forum that usually they wait for an entire group of applicants to be all green, then schedule oath for the entire group.
Interesting. I never knew about the group thing. I thought groups are assigned as they come to the finishing stage. Did not know they wait till an entire group is done. Perhaps that's why the delay. But this is even more frustrating too. Lol

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
After more than 6 months of test, my LPP finally completed on Aug 14. Updated Aug 16. I stopped checking my account for a while. But after reading two people with similar timelines and office, I decided to check my account. And I’m just happy. Now waiting for oath so I can be done with this stress lol.

canada2025

Star Member
Apr 20, 2023
After more than 6 months of test, my LPP finally completed on Aug 14. Updated Aug 16. I stopped checking my account for a while. But after reading two people with similar timelines and office, I decided to check my account. And I’m just happy. Now waiting for oath so I can be done with this stress lol.
what is your timeline? I have 8 months after test and nothing.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
what is your timeline? I have 8 months after test and nothing.
Online application
Visa office: Vancouver
AOR: Oct 21
BG: Jan 17
Took test: Feb 4
Test completed: Feb 9
Ghost update: March 2
|
|
|
|
Silence - found out through ATIP notes I was assigned to RC8090 for LPP.
I gave up checking my tracker.
Then decided to check this morning
LPP: Aug 14
Updated on tracker: Aug 16

Reactions: GFLiam and may2019

Shiva91

Apr 26, 2019
Hey everyone
I called ircc today to find out about my processing office and she told me that it’s Vancouver office.
So should I call Vancouver office directly to find out what’s the reason of delay on my citizenship application ?
I have no update since June 29( Bg completed)
And my test invitation(July 10-30) was canceled from their end due to some kind technical error.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hey everyone
I called ircc today to find out about my processing office and she told me that it’s Vancouver office.
So should I call Vancouver office directly to find out what’s the reason of delay on my citizenship application ?
I have no update since June 29( Bg completed)
And my test invitation(July 10-30) was canceled from their end due to some kind technical error.
I think typically they won't give you any update. However, since they canceled the test invitation on you, may be that's an excuse for you to talk to someone?

Reactions: Shiva91

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
An update from me in relation to rescheduling: my application history was updated on 22 June 2023 to "Citizenship Oath: Not started".

I hope that means someone looked at my file and a rescheduled ceremony isn't too far away. Fingers crossed!
Well, it's now 27 August and I've had no action on my file - I am still stuck at "Citizenship Oath: Not Started".

I've sent in my boarding passes from when I was away and emailed the Vancouver Citizenship Ceremony email address to say "I'm here and ready to take my oath", but I've heard not a peep.

Any suggestions about how I might get my ceremony moving again? It seems a bit strange to be stuck at the very final stage.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Well, it's now 27 August and I've had no action on my file - I am still stuck at "Citizenship Oath: Not Started".

I've sent in my boarding passes from when I was away and emailed the Vancouver Citizenship Ceremony email address to say "I'm here and ready to take my oath", but I've heard not a peep.

Any suggestions about how I might get my ceremony moving again? It seems a bit strange to be stuck at the very final stage.
Emailing oath office processing email and webform every two weeks is the only way to get things moving.

Reactions: MelVan

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Emailing oath office processing email and webform every two weeks is the only way to get things moving.
So the day after I posted my tracker updated to oath scheduled for 12 September. No email invitation yet. Hopefully that's going to arrive soon!

EDIT: Notice to Appear for Video Oath Ceremony (out of Winnipeg) received on 1 September. I'm all set now to make my oath.

Last edited: