+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Oath Timeline after Test/Interview

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
yyzhuang said:
Good evening everybody. I finally received my oath letter to take oath on Sept 3 at 8am.

I wish all of you good luck!
Congrats yyzhuang. That's nice .hope I get my oath letter right the way too .been waiting for so long .

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rachelsung said:
yyzhuang ....so is your eCAS indicating the oath schedule under Decision Made status?
Hi rachelsung, my ecas only shows test invite under Decision Made. The test invite was updated on July 31 (3 months after my test). no oath info in ecas. The letter I received today was dated Aug 13th.

I wish you all get your invitation very very soon!

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
yyzhuang said:
Good evening everybody. I finally received my oath letter to take oath on Sept 3 at 8am.

Hi yyzhuang ,when you called cic ,have you ask the agent helped you to open you file ?coz when I called they even no bother to help me to open my file .

BelgoCanadian

Aug 5, 2015
So,

I did my test in October 2013 (applied February 2012) and I'm still waiting for the oath letter. I didn't have my old passport with me as I couldn't find it for the test which resulted in me having to submit a form declaring all travel. No biggie, I submitted it the day after the test.

I called them last month and they told me my ceremony was in May, I had no idea, I didn't receive a letter and nothing changed online. The agent told me to send a letter promptly to the office saying I didn't know the test had already come and gone.
To make matters worse, I actually called in May and the agent that picked up the phone said that I shouldn't call anymore but rather wait for them to contact me. Why he didn't tell me the ceremony was in May is beyond me. Thankfully I did decide to call back otherwise I would have just been waiting.
Apparently I have to wait six months from the moment I announced to them that I didn't know there was a ceremony. Ridiculous. Is there supposed to be something online? my status changed to "Decision made" last month which prompted my call to them.

3.5 years and counting. My passport expires in January, hopefully this is done by then. I really wished I was going to be able to vote but that doesn't seem in the cards. Anyone else experience anything like it?

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodluckycher said:
Hi yyzhuang ,when you called cic ,have you ask the agent helped you to open you file ?coz when I called they even no bother to help me to open my file .
They didn't open my file either. I think the 6 months wait time is their standard response to us who are eager to know about the oath.

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
yyzhuang said:

Sorry one more question, cic set up you ceremony on sep 03 8:00 am at Vancouver or Surry ? Coz I did check online .on sep 03 cic only shows 2 ceremony, one is on 10:30 the other one 1:30 pm

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodluckycher said:
Sorry one more question, cic set up you ceremony on sep 03 8:00 am at Vancouver or Surry ? Coz I did check online .on sep 03 cic only shows 2 ceremony, one is on 10:30 the other one 1:30 pm
Good question Goodluckycher. Oath is at Vancouver, Expo Blvd. It's likely that the website is not updated. I will call them to confirm.

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
yyzhuang said:
Good question Goodluckycher. Oath is at Vancouver, Expo Blvd. It's likely that the website is not updated. I will call them to confirm.
Yes ,can't really trust the website . Better make phone call before go there . Really happy for you .

Qualitywish

Aug 25, 2015
Friends,

Do you have any idea in which day of the week they update the content of the status? In CIC website they say usually on Tuesdays they update the information. Please let us know which day of the week you noticed any change in your application status.

- Citizenship test: May 11, 2015
- Decision made: July 31, 2015
- Oath letter: :'( Still waiting

rachelsung

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qualitywish said:
Friends,

Do you have any idea in which day of the week they update the content of the status? In CIC website they say usually on Tuesdays they update the information. Please let us know which day of the week you noticed any change in your application status.

hi, Qualitywish .... from my experience, it could be any day within the week....updated Tuesday is just for reference. My status changed to Decision Made on Monday instead.

Goodluckycher

Aug 24, 2015
Qualitywish said:
Friends,

Yes ,my decision made has hanged on Friday and also last Sunday my state changed on Sunday night under my citizenship application decision made line was show up my PR renew information too .(which was When I renew my PR almost 4 years ago and I don't know why) called cic , agent told me he don't know the reason ither.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Goodluckycher said:
I received my oath letter today . :D

Ceremony day : sep 15 8:00 am

Hope everyone here get oath letter ASAP
Great!! Congrats!!