+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
My wife just got an interview date for June 9th. She is also required to upload all of the passport pages with any requisite translations. Super fun.

yawnman

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
just passed my interview today, do you know how long would it take to get DM and oath invite? roughly...
I heard its usually fast after the interview is over usually within the same week you get DM.
Oath invite is a month out after DM and depends on availability.

Anyway, I am a July 2019 applicant as well and I am frustrated very words, I check the application tracker every single day.
What is wrong with Vancouver office? Toronto/Ontario offices are processing 2021 applications . . .

BC is not even under lockdown like Ontario, and I see so many people in the malls, kitsilano and sunset beach!

I wish I could apply for the Vancouver IRCC office and help them do some work

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
I heard its usually fast after the interview is over usually within the same week you get DM.
Oath invite is a month out after DM and depends on availability.

Anyway, I am a July 2019 applicant as well and I am frustrated very words, I check the application tracker every single day.
What is wrong with Vancouver office? Toronto/Ontario offices are processing 2021 applications . . .

BC is not even under lockdown like Ontario, and I see so many people in the malls, kitsilano and sunset beach!

I wish I could apply for the Vancouver IRCC office and help them do some work
Glad to know you have the same timeline as mine (July 2019 applicant) and also in Vancouver, I got all my sections completed a day after the interview and now waiting for the oath. I'll keep you posted if i receive another update.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
January 2020 Vancouver Applicant here. No test invite even. Should I give up?
Don't! Hang in there... it's a total disgrace that's happening to us (Vancouver applicants) but we'll have it one day! I'm November 2019 from Vancouver and I received my test invite only last month so if you go according to my timeline, you should receive yours sometime in June (hopefully).

Robinhood83

Jun 11, 2020
Hey guys,
I'm a july 2020 applicant. Vancouver office is processing my application as well. I would like to know if anyone of your application took forever for background verifications to Complete? My Security is complete but my Criminality is still In process for a very long time. My a few of my July 2020 applicant who are at vancouver office are done with BC verifications back in feb n march.
Guys plz suggest me something to get my application moving.
Thankyou.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hey guys,
I'm a july 2020 applicant. Vancouver office is processing my application as well. I would like to know if anyone of your application took forever for background verifications to Complete? My Security is complete but my Criminality is still In process for a very long time. My a few of my July 2020 applicant who are at vancouver office are done with BC verifications back in feb n march.
Guys plz suggest me something to get my application moving.
Thankyou.
nothing you can do to get your application moving, but I might be wrong. It's a waiting game, and unfortunately Vanc office is one of the champions. I am july 2019 applicant and still waiting, FYI.

Robinhood83

Jun 11, 2020
nothing you can do to get your application moving, but I might be wrong. It's a waiting game, and unfortunately Vanc office is one of the champions. I am july 2019 applicant and still waiting, FYI.
I really admire your patience Man! its just that i get frustrated when I see quite a few dec2020/jan21 applicants already done with oath ceremony. I feel discriminated coz same thing happened with my Pr application I waited for 24 months to get it approved while lot of people with similar qualifications had there PR processed within 4 months.

• Sad
Reactions: Ali G

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020
I really admire your patience Man! its just that i get frustrated when I see quite a few dec2020/jan21 applicants already done with oath ceremony. I feel discriminated coz same thing happened with my Pr application I waited for 24 months to get it approved while lot of people with similar qualifications had there PR processed within 4 months.
Stay strong. We are all in this together thanks to the Vancouver office

Reactions: Robinhood83

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Update:

| Vancouver Office |

Citizenship timeline
Application sent: August 2019
Application delivered: Sep 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
Status on March 7 2021: In process
Test invite: April 28 2021
Test Passed: May 9 2021
Interview Requested: June 16 2021

CIC requested colour scanned copy of ALL the passport pages before attending the interview.

Fab

Reactions: KoRnnn and meg511

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Just so you guys know, my friend (Vancouver applicant and also from November 2019) went to Vancouver Expo Blvd location (the one where they process citizenship applications) this morning and this is what he texted me:

"So I was there from 7:40am to 8:15am and from their Expo Blvd entrance, only 4 people showed up before 8am and 4 were late after 8am. I only talked to a security lady, she was really nice but obviously she didn't know much. She only said almost everyone works from home. Yeah haha sure they do lol"

Vancouver officers are just enjoying hikes and Netflix, I highly doubt they do anything when they claim to "work from home" :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: KoRnnn

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
Update:

| Vancouver Office |

Citizenship timeline
Application sent: August 2019
Application delivered: Sep 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
Status on March 7 2021: In process
Test invite: April 28 2021
Test Passed: May 9 2021
Interview Requested: June 16 2021

CIC requested colour scanned copy of ALL the passport pages before attending the interview.

Fab
is the interview Online or in person?

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
Hi,
I passed my test on May 17th, today I checked my online status & it was updated onJune 7th to " Attend the Interview" mentioned that I should wait for the the instruction that will be sent to me on how to attend the interview & what documents to present?
dose that mean the interview is inPerson or Online?
my interview is on the 24th of June
Thanks in advance.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Hi,
I passed my test on May 17th, today I checked my online status & it was updated onJune 7th to " Attend the Interview" mentioned that I should wait for the the instruction that will be sent to me on how to attend the interview & what documents to present?
dose that mean the interview is inPerson or Online?
my interview is on the 24th of June
Thanks in advance.
Most likely online in microsoft teams