+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Thanks, I’ll make it translated! Also FYI I haven’t been invited for an interview and also never asked to provide finger prints.
that's weird, no interview but asked scanned documents? might be a new workflow and try to streamline the process.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
that's weird, no interview but asked scanned documents? might be a new workflow and try to streamline the process.
IRCC has been constantly discriminating my application based on my race and country of origin and I have told them this many times so I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to make my path as complicated as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: Ali G

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
IRCC has been constantly discriminating my application based on my race and country of origin and I have told them this many times so I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided to make my path as complicated as possible.
I think the timeline matched, I got interview on may 25 and I am July 2019 applicant and you're Dec 2019 applicant and today you got scanned doc request. there might be no interview for you as I suspect. You're way ahead than me, but we're behind compare to other locations.

Reactions: Anford

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020
Jan 2020 applicant. Still no test :))) . Do you all think the Vancouver office will have more officers "working" in-person now that we have entered phase 2 of the re-opening?

Should we organize an event where we all call our different MPs and request more transparency and faster processing from the Vancouver office. Has that been tried?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Do we have a master thread of Surrey office applicants? I think my application is probably in Surrey office as I noticed my test invite came from Surrey office.

edwsqa

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I have noticed some Vancouver office applicants getting test invite but still no test invite for me. This wait is making me nervous. I am Jan 2020 applicant.

• Sad

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Update:

| Vancouver Office |

Citizenship timeline
Application sent: August 2019
Application delivered: Sep 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
Status on March 7 2021: In process
Test invite: April 28 2021
Test Passed: May 9 2021
Interview Requested: June 16 2021 - Passed today

Officer mentioned that Oath ceremony will take place in about 2.5 months.
Based on this thread I am expecting Invitation for ceremony in middle July and Ceremony in 2nd half of August

Fab

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Update:

| Vancouver Office |

Citizenship timeline
Application sent: August 2019
Application delivered: Sep 2019
AOR: Nov 2019
Status on March 7 2021: In process
Test invite: April 28 2021
Test Passed: May 9 2021
Interview Requested: June 16 2021 - Passed today

Officer mentioned that Oath ceremony will take place in about 2.5 months.
Based on this thread I am expecting Invitation for ceremony in middle July and Ceremony in 2nd half of August

Fab
Did you ask him/her why in the world will it take another 2.5 months? It's a total disgrace already what's happening to us, 2019 applicants. You deserve a ceremony tomorrow, not in 2.5 months.

fabry_xy

Feb 3, 2014
Did you ask him/her why in the world will it take another 2.5 months? It's a total disgrace already what's happening to us, 2019 applicants. You deserve a ceremony tomorrow, not in 2.5 months.
Honestly I have been waiting for so long that 2 more months, at this point, won't make a difference (for me). As long as I finally get this done for good I am somehow "happy".

Reactions: IRCC Critic

IRCC Critic

Jun 17, 2021
I wish I could go give IRCC officers a hand in the Vancouver office. What are they even doing there.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Today I receved my GCMS notes (third time ordering them) and it says that on April 14th I was scheduled for a virtual citizenship event and notice and attachments were sent to me by email on that date.

I wish this was true however the truth is that on April 14 I was only invited to take a test. Also, June 15 I was asked to provide a scanned copy of my passport which is now with a translator translating my non English/French stamps. Hopefully they will have it done soon so I can send it to IRCC sooner than later.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Today I receved my GCMS notes (third time ordering them) and it says that on April 14th I was scheduled for a virtual citizenship event and notice and attachments were sent to me by email on that date.

I wish this was true however the truth is that on April 14 I was only invited to take a test. Also, June 15 I was asked to provide a scanned copy of my passport which is now with a translator translating my non English/French stamps. Hopefully they will have it done soon so I can send it to IRCC sooner than later.
Well, it says "Virtual Citizenship Event" which includes test and oath.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
So last week I received a passport request from Vancouver IRCC and today, I received another passport request and this time it's for my passport that expired in 2016.

This time, they didn't mentioned if non English/French stamps must be officially translatted and it wasn't even as an attachment but only written as a normal email with a text in its body. It's ridiculous as how do they expect me to be in possession of my passport that expired more than 5 years ago! Luckily I found a scan copy of this passport in my files (as I used it to apply for Working Holiday to Canada in 2014).

IRCC should already have this copy in their system however they requested it again... I have a feeling like they try to make my application as complicated as possible :(

(as always, my timeline is in the signature section below)

• Wow