+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm a July 2019 applicant from Vancouver (although according to the new ECAS system I'm a September 2019 applicant) and to my surprise i just checked my ECAS this morning and noticed that I've been invited for an interview. Just FYI, I completed my online test on April 17, 2021.

Does anybody know what I should expect?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi everyone,

I'm a July 2019 applicant from Vancouver (although according to the new ECAS system I'm a September 2019 applicant) and to my surprise i just checked my ECAS this morning and noticed that I've been invited for an interview. Just FYI, I completed my online test on April 17, 2021.

Does anybody know what I should expect?
I think the new system says you are September 2019 applicant because they skip the part before receiving AOR. I'm November 2019 applicant and the new system says I'm February 2020 applicant (my AOR month). Lucky you, at least something is going on with your file. I completed my test on April 20, 2021 and haven't heard nothing since. I just submitted another request for GCMS notes, sent an email to Vancouver office and I'm going to drop off a physical letter to the post office later today.

I'm so incredibly frustrated with Vancouver office :mad:

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
I think the new system says you are September 2019 applicant because they skip the part before receiving AOR. I'm November 2019 applicant and the new system says I'm February 2020 applicant (my AOR month). Lucky you, at least something is going on with your file. I completed my test on April 20, 2021 and haven't heard nothing since. I just submitted another request for GCMS notes, sent an email to Vancouver office and I'm going to drop off a physical letter to the post office later today.

Have you called them to verify if they got your test results?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Everything else beside Background Check is in progress ?
Give it couple weeks, you might not need an interview.
Yes, beside Background verification and Citizenship Test (details in my signature). I already gave it 18 months (80 weeks, 560 days, 13428 hours...) :(

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020

Hey man, I believe we've spoken several times here, you and me are both from Vancouver and received our exam invitations during the same week of April. I'm confident that you'll be hearing something soon.

Reactions: Anford

mj.sb

Jun 23, 2014
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-7-2014
Doc's Request.
05-12_2014
AOR Received.
05-12-2014
IELTS Request
sent with the application
Med's Request
10-03-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Passport Req..
3-11-2015
how long after you take the test, you will receive an interview request?
my office is Vancouver.
Thanks

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
how long after you take the test, you will receive an interview request?
my office is Vancouver.
Thanks
No idea but just FYI in two days it's going to be exactly a month after I took the test and I haven't heard anything from them.

bourney0

Aug 9, 2020
It's been more than 3 weeks since my wife passed the test and since then no updates. When she emailed the Vancouver a week ago they replied pretty quickly but said that an officer would be reviewing her application. They didn't say when.

Stellaluna

Dec 20, 2020
I got interview invitation about a month after test. Need to provide passport scan and translation of stamps within like 2 business days to comply with the request.

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
No idea but just FYI in two days it's going to be exactly a month after I took the test and I haven't heard anything from them.
Same here, after a month took the test and still hear nothing back since. how unfortunate to have vanc office to process our applications. others location are processing much faster

Reactions: Anford

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Same here, after a month took the test and still hear nothing back since. how unfortunate to have vanc office to process our applications. others location are processing much faster
It has been 8 weeks since we passed the test, there have been no updates. On the new system only the Test and Background verification is Completed, everything is In Progress. Spoke to an agent today and all they said you just have to wait for next steps as that is the only information they have. At least I got it confirmed ours is still a Routine file. It's frustrating as there seems to be no end in sight!