+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Citizenship Test Invite - Masterthread

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
My application status is DM since February 25th and I'm still waiting for the Oath invitation. Is it normal? It has been 6 weeks...

Details:
Application sent: September 3rd 2019
AOR: November 27th 2019
Test invite: January 28th 2021
Test passed: February 11th 2021
DM: February 25th 2021
If you check https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-ceremony.html, the invitiation to the oath ceremony can take up to 3 months. My timeline closely follwed it. With that said, you may be getting invitied to one as late as early May.

olgac

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Reactions: minijoo

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hey Vancouver thread, an unreal thing happened today! :eek:
The officers just came back from their over a year long hibernation and I received a test invite earlier today!

Timeline in my signature... Tracker has been updated.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
The officers just came back from their over a year long hibernation and I received a test invite earlier today!

Congratulations! Hopefully, this will calm you down until next wait for oath invitation. Just kidding.. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Anford

Ali G

Nov 12, 2020

Ah man, I am happy for you!! I hope our turn comes before too long. Jan 2020 here!

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020

That's great to hear. I received my invite last week!!

looseplans

Nov 5, 2019
Hi All,
Just adding my timeline here...
Application sent: Sept 23, 2019
Received: Sept 26, 2019
AOR: December 12, 2019
In process: January 20, 2020

Still waiting for test invite

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Hi group,

I've noticed that a few 2019 applicants from Vancouver have received test invites during the first half of April 2021 (myself included). Do any of you have any idea about what happens next after passing the test?

I passed mine on April 15, 2021, but apart from being told that I passed after completing the exam, there is nothing to suggest my result was recorded and there haven't been any updates to my ECAS.

Any input would be highly appreciated.

FlyingLion

Star Member
Aug 19, 2020
Hi group,

I've noticed that a few 2019 applicants from Vancouver have received test invites during the first half of April 2021 (myself included). Do any of you have any idea about what happens next after passing the test?

I passed mine on April 15, 2021, but apart from being told that I passed after completing the exam, there is nothing to suggest my result was recorded and there haven't been any updates to my ECAS.

Hopefully, you will get Decision Made and your Oath Letter soon. Unfortunately, IRCC in Vancouver seems extremely slow and random so I can't say much.
At least, you were able to do your test. I wish to do mine soon since I have to do some travel for work later in the year and I don't know when they will send a test invite.
Good luck

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
Hi group,

I (an urgent applicant) got an interview invite about a month after taking the test. Decision made the next day and oath invite about a week later (well it's all in my signature)

Chittur

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Hi group,

Its all over the place honestly. We finished our test on the 22nd of March and there are no updates for us as yet. Our status is still "In Process", we have called and confirmed that the test result is reflected. We were told that we have to wait on next steps when it becomes available. Hoping you get some movement faster on your file and you are done with this process.

• Sad

Swift Turtle

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks everyone. Your input is appreciated.

Now that I've finally taken my test, I'm trying my best to not fall into painful spiral of anxiety associated with waiting for a response from IRCC.