+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Hi all, I am a Vancouver post test RQ (old rules, 1,095 days) applicant.

Applied April 29, 2014 with what I believed was 1,095 physical presence days, and took the test Oct 29, 2015. Unfortunately, also received the dreaded RQ (the FULL RQ) the same day during the interview, where the interviewing officer said she noted some discrepancies between my reported absences and the CBSA report. Went back disappointed (as this now meant my application was non-routine), and prepared my RQ response. After doing a detailed reconciliation with the CBSA report which I ordered after getting RQ'ed, I realized I was short of the 1,095 days by 24 days. I submitted my RQ response on Nov 3, 2014 - staying up late over the weekend to get my response put together. I accounted for the 24 days due to situations such as leaving Vancouver in the afternoon and coming back across the canadian border from the US past midnight (where I reported a day trip but CIC treats this as a full day absent), trips to get married, honeymoon, bachelor party, and a 9 day trip that I forgot about. To me, it was the biggest mistake of my life to be so anxious in applying too early and not checking, double and triple checking my reported absences before submitting my application. For a shortfall of 24 days, I was actually delayed by so much more than fellow applicants who applied around the same period. There were even applicants who applied in the Fall of 2014 who already became citizens. Yes, I know, very disheartening stuff.

Based on this forum, I was seriously contemplating withdrawing my application and resubmitting, as I have since accumulated enough physical presence days to fulfill both the old and new requirements. With the reported timeframes for recent applications (especially since they increased the processing fee), it would have seemed like a re-submission would have been faster than waiting in limbo. Months went by with me just thinking I should wait another month to see before withdrawing, and me checking ECAS only to be greeted with an "In process" status.

Today, ECAS showed "Decision made", but the detailed text did not show any updates when I clicked on the "decision made" link - it only showed the last time the test letter invite was sent. So I called the CIC call centre, and the agent mentioned that on Jul 23, 2015, my file was approved and put into the pool for oath ceremony scheduling. No date has been scheduled yet, but I am in the pool.

Not sure if I should be trusting what the call centre agent says, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking both ECAS and my mail.

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel still for shortfall applicants! We'll see when/IF I actually get the Oath invite soon.

bcpnpvan

Feb 17, 2012
thecoolguysam, any update ? Did u received ur Letter for Oath ?
In my case , E-Cas updated but not to decision Made yet , still in process
But updated to test info . " sent u letter 10 April for 21st April test date etc etc "
So was that a good sign ? But still it's in process -- I was waiting for decision made tho ..
So need ur comments ? ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bcpnpvan said:
thecoolguysam, any update ? Did u received ur Letter for Oath ?
In my case , E-Cas updated but not to decision Made yet , still in process
But updated to test info . " sent u letter 10 April for 21st April test date etc etc "
So was that a good sign ? But still it's in process -- I was waiting for decision made tho ..
So need ur comments ? ?
Few of us in the forum have got their e-cas updated with test invite (which was previously missing). E-cas sometimes updates and sometimes does not.
Some people got oath invite while "In Process" and some people got oath invite after "Decision Made"

You can refer to the following link to read the information including "Notes" section to get a better idea:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gpi8U0Vl1AYh5XmQ9jIb6Tx_ENayWrSQVa6co3zQZZg/edit#gid=0

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Again, I had some trouble with the existing excel spreadsheet and I have recreated a new file with a new link.

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/1OM0r8v

Cheers! :)

allison7971

Aug 6, 2015
Hey guys,

When they say the file has been transferred to local office, how do we know which office? Or we just have to wait until they inform you on the test date?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
allison7971 said:
Hey guys,

When they say the file has been transferred to local office, how do we know which office? Or we just have to wait until they inform you on the test date?
Sometimes e-cas updates with name of the office and sometimes it just states that the file has been transferred to responsible office.

Test invite will state about where you need to go for the test/interview.

allison7971

Aug 6, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Sometimes e-cas updates with name of the office and sometimes it just states that the file has been transferred to responsible office.

Test invite will state about where you need to go for the test/interview.
Thank You! I just checked ecas and got the test invite for Aug 31!!

Kefz

Jul 28, 2015
Kefz said:
Hi all, I am a Vancouver post test RQ (old rules, 1,095 days) applicant.

Applied April 29, 2014 with what I believed was 1,095 physical presence days, and took the test Oct 29, 2015. Unfortunately, also received the dreaded RQ (the FULL RQ) the same day during the interview, where the interviewing officer said she noted some discrepancies between my reported absences and the CBSA report. Went back disappointed (as this now meant my application was non-routine), and prepared my RQ response. After doing a detailed reconciliation with the CBSA report which I ordered after getting RQ'ed, I realized I was short of the 1,095 days by 24 days. I submitted my RQ response on Nov 3, 2014 - staying up late over the weekend to get my response put together. I accounted for the 24 days due to situations such as leaving Vancouver in the afternoon and coming back across the canadian border from the US past midnight (where I reported a day trip but CIC treats this as a full day absent), trips to get married, honeymoon, bachelor party, and a 9 day trip that I forgot about. To me, it was the biggest mistake of my life to be so anxious in applying too early and not checking, double and triple checking my reported absences before submitting my application. For a shortfall of 24 days, I was actually delayed by so much more than fellow applicants who applied around the same period. There were even applicants who applied in the Fall of 2014 who already became citizens. Yes, I know, very disheartening stuff.

Based on this forum, I was seriously contemplating withdrawing my application and resubmitting, as I have since accumulated enough physical presence days to fulfill both the old and new requirements. With the reported timeframes for recent applications (especially since they increased the processing fee), it would have seemed like a re-submission would have been faster than waiting in limbo. Months went by with me just thinking I should wait another month to see before withdrawing, and me checking ECAS only to be greeted with an "In process" status.

Today, ECAS showed "Decision made", but the detailed text did not show any updates when I clicked on the "decision made" link - it only showed the last time the test letter invite was sent. So I called the CIC call centre, and the agent mentioned that on Jul 23, 2015, my file was approved and put into the pool for oath ceremony scheduling. No date has been scheduled yet, but I am in the pool.

Not sure if I should be trusting what the call centre agent says, but I am keeping my fingers crossed and checking both ECAS and my mail.

Perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel still for shortfall applicants! We'll see when/IF I actually get the Oath invite soon.
Checked ECAS this morning (last night there was still no update), status now says We sent you a notice on August 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Kefz said:
Checked ECAS this morning (last night there was still no update), status now says We sent you a notice on August 6, 2015 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Congratulations.

hmuath

Star Member
Mar 16, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
allison7971 said:
Thank You! I just checked ecas and got the test invite for Aug 31!!
Congratulations!
When did you take your test? and where Vancouver or Surrey?

allison7971

Aug 6, 2015
hmuath said:
Congratulations!
When did you take your test? and where Vancouver or Surrey?

I haven't taken the test yet it's on Aug 31! i don't know where yet since it doesn't say on Ecas, so I will have to wait until I get the letter to know where.

Zaker

Dec 13, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am living in North Vancouver and applied in April. My ecas shows my file transferred to local office responsible
for my area. It does not mention Vancouver. For some people it mention transfer to Vancouver office.
So, my question is that is there any possibility that my file is transferred to another office instead of Vancouver?