+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Hi folks,

I received oath letter for 8th August, I have a question. there are two forms in the oath letter "Permission Letter and Consent" and "Prohibition under citizenship act", should I fill them now? or should I fill them on the day of oath? Thanks in advance.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

I received oath letter for 8th August, I have a question. there are two forms in the oath letter "Permission Letter and Consent" and "Prohibition under citizenship act", should I fill them now? or should I fill them on the day of oath? Thanks in advance.
Congratulations :)

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

Congrats Subzero_2 on getting your oath letter!

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called them today. They told me "decision made" doesn't really mean oath has been scheduled. It just means someone has taken a look at my file. The lady was helpful and checked my status. She told me there's no oath date scheduled.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received my request for finger prints yesterday. The form says have the RCMP send them electronically. I am going this Saturday. Wound anyone care to share their experience with finger print request?

Anyone have experience with the Coquitlam RCMP process?

I wonder how much longer this will push my test date?

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
member012 said:
I received my request for finger prints yesterday. The form says have the RCMP send them electronically. I am going this Saturday. Wound anyone care to share their experience with finger print request?

Anyone have experience with the Coquitlam RCMP process?

I wonder how much longer this will push my test date?

Thanks
My friend got fingerprint request last August and he did fingerprints however he received the original results and he thought that RCMP might have sent the originals to CIC and the ones that he has got is the copy for his reference and he kept it. I think he again got a letter in March/April this year requesting him for fingerprints(i think it was a final letter) and then he realized that the fingerprint results that he has got are the original ones. He immediately sent the originals along with and explanation letter and he got the test invite after a month.
He got letter in first week of May and gave test in end of May

In your case, once you submit fingerprints and once the results reach CIC, you should expect a test invite between approximately 1 to 2 months after cic receives the fingerprint results. This is just for your reference however no one can exactly tell you when will you get your test invite.

The good thing is that now a days fingerprints/RQs/additional documentation etc takes less time to process as compared to old days.

Good luck!

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
My friend got fingerprint request last August and he did fingerprints however he received the original results and he thought that RCMP might have sent the originals to CIC and the ones that he has got is the copy for his reference and he kept it. I think he again got a letter in March/April this year requesting him for fingerprints(i think it was a final letter) and then he realized that the fingerprint results that he has got are the original ones. He immediately sent the originals along with and explanation letter and he got the test invite after a month.
He got letter in first week of May and gave test in end of May

In your case, once you submit fingerprints and once the results reach CIC, you should expect a test invite between approximately 1 to 2 months after cic receives the fingerprint results. This is just for your reference however no one can exactly tell you when will you get your test invite.

The good thing is that now a days fingerprints/RQs/additional documentation etc takes less time to process as compared to old days.

Good luck!
Coolguysam,

Sounds like there is a good chance I could get the finger prints in the mail. After reading more post here I guess it is more of a routine request and fingers crossed the process will keep moving forward.

Thanks for sharing your friend's experience.

trvpm

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Hi folks,

Congratulations !!

You can sign the forms anytime. The forms have to be signed before you go to the window for document verification on the oath day, so you might as well sign it now. In the green form, there is a field for 'file number', this is optional (leave it blank if you do not know what this is), the rest is required.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ yukon
Good luck for your oath tomorrow and my best wishes with you.

@ chin24
Good luck and best wishes to your friend for tomorrow's oath.
Also, I wish and hope that you get your oath invite soon.

member012

May 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my fingerprints done over the weekend. Does anyone know how long it takes the RCMP to complete the fingerprint check?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
member012 said:
I have my fingerprints done over the weekend. Does anyone know how long it takes the RCMP to complete the fingerprint check?
Here is a link for your reference:

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/time-temps-eng.htm

Once RCMP sends the results to CIC (canada post may take some time to deliver the report) then CIC will send you test invite within 1 to 3 months. If the results are sent to you then you need to forward it to CIC asap to the address mentioned on the fingerprint letter. This is just approximate time and in real no one knows when would you get the test invite.

Jenst_09

Jul 28, 2015
Hi,

Did anyone get a cancellation for their notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship scheduled for August 22, 2015? Is that something to be concerned about? *sweat*

yukon

Apr 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OK !
Became a Canadian Citizen-Feel proud & good ! :D
Few things about the ceremony- It's easy going & enjoyable. Participate with the flow & you will cherish it.

It feels really confident to be able to have the right to participate in elections & referendums as these culminate to your choice of decisions effecting your environment.
As a PR you were there but NOT there !

All the best & good luck to all awaiting their oath dates.

Proud to say I am Canadian -This is my home now !

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Jenst_09 said:
Hi,

Did anyone get a cancellation for their notice to appear to take the oath of citizenship scheduled for August 22, 2015? Is that something to be concerned about? *sweat*
There are few people in the forum who have got their oath cancelled. Their oath was scheduled on 8th August, 15th August and 22nd August.

You can refer to the following spreadsheet and read that information:

https://goo.gl/BXGEHZ

bubbelbine

May 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test July 9 and today my ecas changed to 'decision made'. That's faster than I thought! Hope an oath invite is coming equally quick. ;D