+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

tikitaka

May 7, 2015
tomorrow is the big day ! i am so happy and i wish u all the same .... by the way my ecas is still in process lol!!!i ll take my oath tomorrow

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tikitaka said:
tomorrow is the big day ! i am so happy and i wish u all the same .... by the way my ecas is still in process lol!!!i ll take my oath tomorrow
Good luck and my best wishes with you :)

By the way, does your e-cas state anything after the test invite line? Something like we sent you a letter etc?

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tikitaka said:
Great news! Congratulations, Tikitaka on your oath tomorrow!

bcpnpvan

Feb 17, 2012
Congrats thecoolguysam , that's a good news .
I was wonder if they sent u request of documentary ?
Like in my case my ecas
1. We received application Dec 31, 2014
2. Send correspondence Feb 27, 2015
3. We Started process March 3, 2015

4. Send to local Vancouver office Mach 05 , 2015 ( which now disappeared ) this line is no more there .

I gave my citizenship test on April 21, 2015 and still waiting for Oath . Ecas still in process
On May 02, 2015 I received mail request of documentary " send color copies of all your passports each page
Colored copies " send then the next day ..

I was wondering if you got that passport color copies request .. ?
& in my case still no chance to ecas except in process and 3. We started process
3rd March 2015 . And except few days ago started showing PR - complete - section

So I am still waiting for the oath letter.. I don't know why it takes forever ...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
bcpnpvan said:
Congrats thecoolguysam , that's a good news .
I was wonder if they sent u request of documentary ?
Like in my case my ecas
1. We received application Dec 31, 2014
2. Send correspondence Feb 27, 2015
3. We Started process March 3, 2015

4. Send to local Vancouver office Mach 05 , 2015 ( which now disappeared ) this line is no more there .

I gave my citizenship test on April 21, 2015 and still waiting for Oath . Ecas still in process
On May 02, 2015 I received mail request of documentary " send color copies of all your passports each page
Colored copies " send then the next day ..

I was wondering if you got that passport color copies request .. ?
& in my case still no chance to ecas except in process and 3. We started process
3rd March 2015 . And except few days ago started showing PR - complete - section

So I am still waiting for the oath letter.. I don't know why it takes forever ...

Thank you.

I think you might have got CIT0520, is that correct? In my case, I did not receive any additional document request. As your application is non-routine, it may take some more time for CIC to verify the details and then send you oath invite. The good news is that CIC has started processing fingerprints, RQs, additional documents requests faster as compared to old times.

Also, sometimes e-cas updates and sometimes not so don't rely on e-cas. Keep monitoring your physical mails and emails for any updates.

Good luck and I wish you speedy processing of your application.

bcpnpvan

Feb 17, 2012
Thanks .. I am not pretty sure if it's CIT etc but all I know it says
Request of Documentary - and it have list of check list and in my case
I was requested to only submit color photocopies of passports
Each n every page . Option
So I sent it, right away and they received it the other day via fast registered mail service
I think they ask for color copies only bcOz I have lots of USA by road travel
Maybe that's the reason they ask for color copy to verify the stamps enteries etc
Any wayz , let's see .. Goodluck for your oath invitation letter . Hope u get the letter ASAP
Thanks for keeping us up-dated ...

All the best !

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bcpnpvan said:
Thanks .. I am not pretty sure if it's CIT etc but all I know it says
Request of Documentary - and it have list of check list and in my case
I was requested to only submit color photocopies of passports
Each n every page . Option
So I sent it, right away and they received it the other day via fast registered mail service
I think they ask for color copies only bcOz I have lots of USA by road travel
Maybe that's the reason they ask for color copy to verify the stamps enteries etc
Any wayz , let's see .. Goodluck for your oath invitation letter . Hope u get the letter ASAP
Thanks for keeping us up-dated ...

All the best !
Don't worry too much. My friend had a unclear stamp and CIC had to request CBSA records. She received oath invite 4 months after test. All the best!

BenBC

Jun 11, 2015
Hello guys,

I really need your urgent help. I received the invitation letter to write the exam on July 27th. The issue is that I'm on vacation that period. I'm so pissed because I called months ago and the agent took a note that I'm not available from x to y ! But they still scheduled the exam on my vacation :((( I called them today and they asked me to send them a letter to explain. I know two guys, they had a similar issue, one of them has waited for 6 months to get another exam scheduled and the other is still waiting after 1 year!!! Is sending a letter is the only way or can I reach them by email since the call center agent can do nothing?

Thanks,
Ben

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BenBC said:
Hello guys,

I really need your urgent help. I received the invitation letter to write the exam on July 27th. The issue is that I'm on vacation that period. I'm so pissed because I called months ago and the agent took a note that I'm not available from x to y ! But they still scheduled the exam on my vacation :((( I called them today and they asked me to send them a letter to explain. I know two guys, they had a similar issue, one of them has waited for 6 months to get another exam scheduled and the other is still waiting after 1 year!!! Is sending a letter is the only way or can I reach them by email since the call center agent can do nothing?

Thanks,
Ben
Hi BenBC,

Sorry to hear about the conflict of dates for the exam and vacation, despite informing CIC ahead of time. I am not very informed about requesting CIC for a change of exam date, but as you yourself have said that one of your friends waited for 6 months and the other still waiting for more than a year, I would suggest that as much as possible try to give the exam on the scheduled date and try to plan your vacation around this date. Although this change in travel dates could be problematic and very expensive, this will avoid a lot of delay and complication with your citizenship application!

BenBC

Jun 11, 2015
Nainarvet said:
Hi BenBC,

Sorry to hear about the conflict of dates for the exam and vacation, despite informing CIC ahead of time. I am not very informed about requesting CIC for a change of exam date, but as you yourself have said that one of your friends waited for 6 months and the other still waiting for more than a year, I would suggest that as much as possible try to give the exam on the scheduled date and try to plan your vacation around this date. Although this change in travel dates could be problematic and very expensive, this will avoid a lot of delay and complication with your citizenship application!
Thank you Nainarvet for your reply. I spent a lot of money to plan for my vacation and I have also plans with my family that I can't miss. I went today to CIC office on Expo Blvd and I gave them a letter and a copy of my flight ticket. I have to accept my bad luck lol I'll keep you posted when I get another invitation next year probably lool :)