+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salmonbait said:
Hi, all. Just sharing my timeline! Hope this helps to give you an idea.

Vancouver
Single
Application Submitted: Aug 1, 2014
CIC receipt acknowledgement: Aug 21, 2014
In Process: Oct 16, 2014
Test date: Feb 10, 2015
Oath: May 15, 2015
Congrats :)

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Hi
OP_POP

I think your story and my story are almost same, I was also a student before, it took me total 12 years to get my citizenship. First I was an international student than I got my open work permit than after I got my PR and finally now citizenship.

You are right, even for me there is not much excitement but just doing government's formality procedure. Some of my friends & siblings have better life back home due to their good job (high paid white collar job) I am stuck here doing all odd labour kind of jobs. But my friends still consider me a Canadian citizen .....a man with good luck......on the contrary I consider them with a good luck.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mark_Anna said:
Hi
OP_POP

I think your story and my story are almost same, I was also a student before, it took me total 12 years to get my citizenship. First I was an international student than I got my open work permit than after I got my PR and finally now citizenship.

You are right, even for me there is not much excitement but just doing government's formality procedure. Some of my friends & siblings have better life back home due to their good job (high paid white collar job) I am stuck here doing all odd labour kind of jobs. But my friends still consider me a Canadian citizen .....a man with good luck......on the contrary I consider them with a good luck.
Hey man,

Don't get me wrong, I love Canada and I consider myself super lucky to be here. I guess I just felt I am already Canadian before officially becoming Canadian.

I really suggest to try getting a job in your field, that will change your life and perseption of this beautiful place. You might have to move somewhere else to start your career, but if I were you, I would not do any random work. In my case, I was living in Calgary for the first 13 years. Great place to study and work. Took me 6 months of constant job hunting to find a job in my field, but totally worthed it. My job then transferred me to Vancouver after a few years. I love Vancouver also, even more than Calgary, just a bit harder to meet new people here.

Hope and will-power are the best things people have. Good luck man, and don't give up.

Mark_Anna

Nov 23, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2014
Doc's Request.
07-07-2014
Interview........
19-02-2015 Citizenship test
LANDED..........
30-01-2012
Thanks

OP_POP....

Yes I was also in Toronto for 2 years but I like Vancouver more than any other place. Mountain, River, Greenery majestic beauty of British Columbia. Residing in Vancouver almost 10 years.

All The Best For Your All Future Plan.

dalton

Apr 5, 2010
OP_POP said:
Keep checking your eCas, if your case is a straight forward one, you should be hopefully receiving yours in a week or two also.
I just got called for my oath on May 15.

Do I need more than my record of landing documents. Its sais to bring all originals submitted...

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dalton said:

Do I need more than my record of landing documents. Its sais to bring all originals submitted...
Congrats! For me, they just checked the invitation letter, PR, and an ID.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dalton said:

congratulations!!

Make sure you take all originals no matter whether they ask for it or not.

By the way, did they phone you or you received a letter in the mail?

dalton

Apr 5, 2010
thecoolguysam said:
congratulations!!

Make sure you take all originals no matter whether they ask for it or not.

By the way, did they phone you or you received a letter in the mail?
Just a letter in the mail and when I checked the website it had updated. Id checked two days before and it wasn't updated.

tikitaka

May 7, 2015
hi all , i would like to share my timeline
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 15, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 15, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 17, 2014.

We sent you a notice on March 16, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 13, 2015 at 8:01 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Until now I have been looking at this forum without participating. My timeline is as follows:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 4, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 11, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on February 17, 2015.

Your file was transferred to the Citizenship Vancouver office on February 19, 2015. The Citizenship Vancouver office will contact you.

We sent you a notice on March 27, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 15, 2015 at 1:04 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

However, just a few days ago, I received a letter saying CIC requested colour copies of my passport as well as a plane ticket for a trip to Europe back in 2013. I replied to the letter and sent it back the same day. I was wondering if this would affect my timeline. My PR is expiring in August and I am hesitating it to renew it due to the fact that I might get the oath beforehand.

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for sharing this info. Did they ask about this trip during your interview? Or is this totally unexpected?

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi yyzhuang,

During the interview, I was asked many questions because I had many stamps in my passport and asked to justify each one of them. Given that my father works for the UN, I travel often to visit him but she said I might get a letter asking to clarify certain trips. The form is CIT 0520 but I am not sure how this form is different from RQ and if it has the same impact on an application as an RQ.
Thank you

yyzhuang

Mar 18, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ilkar said:
Hi yyzhuang,

During the interview, I was asked many questions because I had many stamps in my passport and asked to justify each one of them. Given that my father works for the UN, I travel often to visit him but she said I might get a letter asking to clarify certain trips. The form is CIT 0520 but I am not sure how this form is different from RQ and if it has the same impact on an application as an RQ.
Thank you
I see. I can only speak from my friend's experience. One of my friend had a unclear stamp and CIC had to request CBSA records. She had to wait for 4 months after the test, and took oath in the fifth month. I think everybody's experience is different. Maybe you can search other threads about CIT0520 and see what people say there.

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yyzhuang said:
I see. I can only speak from my friend's experience. One of my friend had a unclear stamp and CIC had to request CBSA records. She had to wait for 4 months after the test, and took oath in the fifth month. I think everybody's experience is different. Maybe you can search other threads about CIT0520 and see what people say there.
Thank you for your reply. I have been looking a lot about info on CIT0520 and it seems as if it is treated case by case. Some of them barely take any time while others are still on stand by since 2013 and so. This is why I thought about asking people here to get an average about how long they are processed. I think I will err on the cautious side and apply to renew my PR as I might travel again to visit my family around August.