+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

SubZero_2

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
OP_POP said:
Hey guys,

I just wrote my exam this morning at Vancouver office. The test was super easy. My interview was so short as well. However, some people's interview took for ever to finish and I had to wait till their interview was over. Even though I finished and handed in my test earlier than most of other people, I was called for the interview among the last 20-30 people.

The officer only asked about my current job, my trips, and my passport and IDs. He cross referenced my Entry / Exit stamps with my calculation sheet and told me he doesn't see any issue with my file and I should receive Oath letter within 3-5 months.
Congratulations on passing your exam. My file has been transferred to Vancouver office on 30 December (based on my Ecas); I was wondering how long will it take to get test invitation from the time of transfer? Do you know when yours got transferred to Vancouver? Thanks

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SubZero_2 said:
Congratulations on passing your exam. My file has been transferred to Vancouver office on 30 December (based on my Ecas); I was wondering how long will it take to get test invitation from the time of transfer? Do you know when yours got transferred to Vancouver? Thanks
It seems like your file is handled under new routine processing as I don't have any update in e-cas after my file being in process. You can get more information from here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicants-on-new-routine-app-no-c000xxxxx-and-email-aor-t248142.0.html

But if your processing time is like mine, you should get your test invite in 1 - 2 months. My file was transferred to Vancouver office in mid Dec.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I contacted another member on the form and he is still waiting, I would request atip right away, the only explanation is that that the files were put on the side and forgotten for a while...all the best guys

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:) Scratch my previous post - just got Test Invite letter today and test is scheduled for March 11th at 8:04am. Anyone else scheduled for that date?

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
era1521 said:
8:04am sharp! Lol
It's normal as CIC uses the minutes for internal purposes. There are normally 6 "loads" of test-takers: 8:00, 8:01, 8:02, ... If your test is at 10 or 2, it follows the same pattern. You must declare the exact time on your test answer sheet. You will know when you see it :)

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Empirical-Scientist said:
It's normal as CIC uses the minutes for internal purposes. There are normally 6 "loads" of test-takers: 8:00, 8:01, 8:02, ... If your test is at 10 or 2, it follows the same pattern. You must declare the exact time on your test answer sheet. You will know when you see it :)
+1, it should have some special secret meaning for CIC. When we wrote our exam, we had 8:00, 8:01, 8:02, 8:03, 8:04 and 8:06.

gretch143

May 28, 2014
hi guys, just want to ask because i am planning to land first before my son..in canada's rule of citizenship, will i need to wait for my son to finish 3 years before we can apply for citizenship? thanks so much for your insights.. Smiley

Juney

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gretch143 said:
hi guys, just want to ask because i am planning to land first before my son..in canada's rule of citizenship, will i need to wait for my son to finish 3 years before we can apply for citizenship? thanks so much for your insights.. Smiley
You don't need to. If he's a minor, he can always be included in your application anytime you've completed your residency requirement.

gretch143

May 28, 2014
Juney said:
You don't need to. If he's a minor, he can always be included in your application anytime you've completed your residency requirement.
hi sir, thank you so much for your response.. :)

xperiate

Jul 23, 2007
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any Vancouver test takers in the recent past getting Oath Letters right after the test/interview or within a short period of time?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xperiate said:
Any Vancouver test takers in the recent past getting Oath Letters right after the test/interview or within a short period of time?
no such thing, u may just focus on passing the exam and wait for the oath letter in the mail