+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
During the interview everything was clear, no concerns at all for both of us. That's why it's so weird that our oath waiting takes so long.
Sorry my friend, one more question. I'm just trying to figure out if country of origin plays a role in processing time.
Is Russia part of eastern Europe?

Bonny_14

Sep 19, 2014
BLT said:
Sorry my friend, one more question. I'm just trying to figure out if country of origin plays a role in processing time.
Is Russia part of eastern Europe?
Yes. I don't think that the country of origin plays any role though. There is something else we don't know about...something that makes big difference in waiting time but I doubt we will ever know for sure what that is.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonny_14 said:
Yes. I don't think that the country of origin plays any role though. There is something else we don't know about...something that makes big difference in waiting time but I doubt we will ever know for sure what that is.
I seen a few people mention that people who got PR under the Canadian Experience Class tend to get their citizenship applications processed faster. Not sure how true this is.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
what about you? did you immigrate under the Canadian Experience scheme?

pedros said:
I seen a few people mention that people who got PR under the Canadian Experience Class tend to get their citizenship applications processed faster. Not sure how true this is.

Kitsilano

Star Member
May 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pedros said:
My opinion is completely different.
Easier to Tough
1. FSW
2. Marriage
3. CEC - Student
4. TFW - Caregivers
5. Refugies

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
Bonny_14 said:
I'm trying to figure this out. Maybe for some officers, they don't care about your country of origin. But for some, it matters. Especially in Vancouver. So it really depends on who is processing your application. Remember, conservative is the boss now.

Pel

Jan 31, 2014
BLT said:
I'm trying to figure this out. Maybe for some officers, they don't care about your country of origin. But for some, it matters. Especially in Vancouver. So it really depends on who is processing your application. Remember, conservative is the boss now.
what country is that? if you don't mind me asking

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Today me and my children took the oath and became Canadian.

Thank you everyone here for sharing your timelines and making this whole process a lot easier to understand! 8)

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:
Today me and my children took the oath and became Canadian.

Thank you everyone here for sharing your timelines and making this whole process a lot easier to understand! 8)
Congratulations Eswiz!

I have a question I posted in a separate topic, but asking again here as I'm a Vancouver applicant. The notice for my oath, which is in the next few weeks, didn't mention anything about the public/guests being allowed to attend. Also, the date and time of my ceremony is not in the list of ceremonies on the CIC website. I'm interested as to what other people experienced as I can't work out whether guests are allowed or not. Did your oath notice contain information about guests or not?

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
pedros said:
Congratulations Eswiz!

I have a question I posted in a separate topic, but asking again here as I'm a Vancouver applicant. The notice for my oath, which is in the next few weeks, didn't mention anything about the public/guests being allowed to attend. Also, the date and time of my ceremony is not in the list of ceremonies on the CIC website. I'm interested as to what other people experienced as I can't work out whether guests are allowed or not. Did your oath notice contain information about guests or not?
You can bring guests, they are welcome.... and I wouldn't worry about whether the date is posted or not. They only post them month by month I think.

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manachinu said:
I was told that My oath on 15th i have 2 guest limit.
Is this stated in your notice as I don't have anything mentioning the number of guests in mine?

Thanks