+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
I remember I parked at the pivotal bldg 877 expo blvd. Its $12 all day parking so not bad. I think 5 bucks an hour so not bad

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
u4g5 said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm only afraid by 9ish, all parking spot r gone. Can't get to the office too early cuz test at 10 am
We got there at about 9:45 am for our test at 10am and it was fine. I was trying to get there earlier but I got lost in the one way system and spend half an hour driving in circles.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Eswiz said:
We got there at about 9:45 am for our test at 10am and it was fine. I was trying to get there earlier but I got lost in the one way system and spend half an hour driving in circles.
thank you

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
u4g5 said:
thank you
I think you better make a round first the night before, to get familiar with the parking spaces there, so you won't end-up looking around in the morning. You know, this event is like if everything is smooth, it won't make any faster, but if something is wrong, then it will consume another 3 months of reschedule. I won't arrive exactly on time or late, but 30 minutes before. Btw, let me know how's the interview and the test. Thank you.

A.Sh.

Sep 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your information and experience online! I don't write a lot myself, but it's always very interesting and useful to learn about any recent trends and updates from all of you - thank you!

This time, I have 2 specific questions - both related to my test and interview, which are at the end of October.

1. I have my CBSA records (fresh copy received several weeks ago) and all of my itineraries for the relevant period. Do you think that it might be helpful to demonstrate these documents to the officer?

2. How hard was it for everyone to pass the test? I noticed that there is a huge variety of test questions from various sources. Some are very obvious, whereas others would require a perfect memory of every page in the Discover Canada (e.g. some rare name or a small detail related to one of the topics). If most of the questions are that detail-oriented, getting 15 out of 20 is not a trivial task...

Thanks!

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Vancouver, my test is on Nov 4th! can't wait. :D :D :D
we applied july 2013 as a family.

We have a family application, received one invite in my name "primary applicant" but no invite for my wife, her test shows up on ecas, is this normal?

hamedsilent

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:

We have a family application, received one invite in my name "primary applicant" but no invite for my wife, her test shows up on ecas, is this normal?
Yes indeed, Congrat my friend. This has been a very long wait for you. Study hard to dont give them any excuse. Good luck on the test. :)

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No excuses!!

-I have exit/entry records from canada and US.
-Tax forms
-rent contracts
-certificates
-bank statements

ps; i had a tax audit last year, thanks to CRA they made me collect all kinds of documents!

anything else?!

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Barshar, your name sounds middle eastern/arabic , did you get a RQ? Just curious.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No and I hope Not! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I really do not think the RQ is given based on names or ethnic background, there is more to it....

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
No and I hope Not! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I really do not think the RQ is given based on my name alone....
Okay out of curiosity and what stage is your application in. I think now you are just due for the test? So are you from Middle East? Do you have non-cancelled/cancelled Gulf visas on your passport. That is a RQ trigger I heard. Don't panic if you do, It is better to go well prepared, but if you do I will be interested to know how your interview goes.

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have my passports all translated by a certified agent. There is so much garbage and rumours on the internet, there is always a dark side and a missing part from the stories that you hear, no one shares the full truth. If you have nothing to worry about then don't worry. I just like to do my homework and be well prepared, thats all....

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:

Many congratulations and all the best!!!!!

Finally :)

pbritton101

Jun 25, 2010
Lagos de Moreno
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2009
Passport Req..
19-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2010
Hey everyone.

Just read all 102 pages here, glad to see everyone making such progress and having such success.

We're applying tomorrow, October 20 and everyone here has given us a lot of hope. Best of luck to everyone still in progress!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
SinghLovCan :
No I did not get RQed, and yes, I did travel a fare bit after receiving PR. Mostly to US. But its been 28 months...I honestly don't understand the reason for delay.

Can someone recommend if I should send a fax to these guys.
I am headed back home to get married from 4 Dec to 12 Jan.

So not sure how things will pan out..any recommendations?