Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
congrats basharar :)

cit_izen, your oath hopefully will come soon, maybe November, standard reply when we call and ask for oath is 3-6 months after test? :)

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A.Sh. said:
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing your information and experience online! I don't write a lot myself, but it's always very interesting and useful to learn about any recent trends and updates from all of you - thank you!

This time, I have 2 specific questions - both related to my test and interview, which are at the end of October.

1. I have my CBSA records (fresh copy received several weeks ago) and all of my itineraries for the relevant period. Do you think that it might be helpful to demonstrate these documents to the officer?

2. How hard was it for everyone to pass the test? I noticed that there is a huge variety of test questions from various sources. Some are very obvious, whereas others would require a perfect memory of every page in the Discover Canada (e.g. some rare name or a small detail related to one of the topics). If most of the questions are that detail-oriented, getting 15 out of 20 is not a trivial task...

Thanks!
CBSA report will be helpful specially if you travelled a lot, the test is super easy if you read the book, do some free online practice tests too! good luck :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
No excuses!!

-I have exit/entry records from canada and US.
-Tax forms
-rent contracts
-certificates
-bank statements

ps; i had a tax audit last year, thanks to CRA they made me collect all kinds of documents!

anything else?!
I completely agree with you on bringing every supporting documents which was sent along with original application.
Gd luck

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
CBSA report will be helpful specially if you travelled a lot, the test is super easy if you read the book, do some free online practice tests too! good luck :)
Hey everyone!

@pie_vancouver, I agree that the CBSA report might be helpful, though when I got mine it was very gibberish! dates were all over the place and there was no chronological order, also I've asked for report from Jan 1, 2009 until Feb of this year and they only send me report from Jan 1, 2011! :eek: so I'm still not sure if I should even be sending it...might make things even more complicated... :(

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
cit_izen said:
SinghLovCan :
No I did not get RQed, and yes, I did travel a fare bit after receiving PR. Mostly to US. But its been 28 months...I honestly don't understand the reason for delay.

Can someone recommend if I should send a fax to these guys.
I am headed back home to get married from 4 Dec to 12 Jan.

So not sure how things will pan out..any recommendations?
- Did you get your PR under Refugee and went back or declared a plan to go back to your home country?
- Did you have 1,095 days when applying?
- Have you ever applied for citizenship before?
- Have you been applying under a lawyer which is currently being investigated by CIC?
- Have you ever being charged or convicted with crime?
- Have you been asking for social welfare?
These few things could make your application being processed very long.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:
:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
nothing as of yet..

Dang it!
CIC doesnt update oath date on their website on tuesday any more. think its wednesday now.
hopefully ur ecas will show something this sunday!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
BLT said:
- Did you get your PR under Refugee and went back or declared a plan to go back to your home country?
- Have you been applying under a lawyer which is currently being investigated by CIC?
Answers:
No
Yes, to the best of my knowledge - but It was exact 1096 days..agreed..my stupidity!
No
No
No
No

ms12001w

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Hi Guys,

i had a question about the test, do we need to know information abut our city such as : the name of the mayor, vancouver MP, electoral districts of Vancouver, etc? i practiced Richmond library online test and it asks all sorts of questions about Richmond...are we supposed to know those kind of things?

also, the documents that we need to take with us for the interview, do i need to print my application form and residency calculator as well? or just supporting documents?

please help.

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
cit_izen said:
Answers:
No
Yes, to the best of my knowledge - but It was exact 1096 days..agreed..my stupidity!
No
No
No
No
There is NOTHING wrong with 1,096 days, as long as you didn't go for 1,094 days.
If your application has nothing fishy, then looks like you are being bullied. IMO :
- Wait until 35 months, get a lawyer and bring it to the court.
- MP won't help.
- Instead of keep calling the call centre, you better go to pray in the temple or church, the outcome is the same : uncertainty. At least praying is good for your soul.

No wonder during the oath ceremony, some people are so happy, feel like celebrating a special life event. But some people just have flat expression, like nothing happened. I can imagine how upset being in a bully situation like this. Good luck, my friend.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Hello all,

Is there anyone on the forum who applied in March 2014 or before and still waiting for test date? I applied in March, apparently my application was sent to local office in June and received sometime in July.

Call centre says no issues with the application, but I haven't received a test date yet. Noticed on the spreadsheet that few people in Vancouver who applied in April have received test dates, getting a bit worried.

Ray

latitudeofgratitude

Star Member
Oct 17, 2014
Peel
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BLT said:
Mmm ??? So just for the purpose of updating my knowledge bank, is it really a fact that welfare support is considered in the Citizenship Decision making?