+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
welcome pel! wish you a fast processing.

Guys, still nothing for me. Iam keenly checking my ecas for an oath invite. Would love to take my oath at drill center of BC regiment. just a wish :)

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
canucksrig said:

Guys, still nothing for me. Iam keenly checking my ecas for an oath invite. Would love to take my oath at drill center of BC regiment. just a wish :)
Yours is end of July, considered August. About 3 months, so looks like you'll get it in November. A little bit more.

VancouverGal

Sep 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canucksrig said:

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I posted anything but nice to catch up and see some good news from guys who got their citizenship! Congrats to you all!

Canucksrig, have you tried calling CIC? I don't recall who it was, but someone on this forum wrote once that it helps calling. I experienced it myself and can say as well it does help when you call. I had some docs requested after my interview and sent them right away, so I kept calling CIC to ensure they updated my profile. Then a person on the phone told me that Vancouver Office didn't update my test results yet, so I politely asked if they can send a note to Vancouver office to do that; and they did! I called again and the lady told me all is in order and I should be getting my letter for aoth sometime soon...keeping fingers crossed! :D

So I think it won't hurt to remind about yourself from time to time ;) :p

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you guys for your kind words and wishes!!

@Vancouvergal, yes I did call them and they did inform everything looks fine and I should just wait for the oath. I really hope I hear soon!

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Here is my story...
I gave my test on Aug 22 '14. and because I had travelled extensively, the lady (interviewer) wanted to get my records from CBSA to see that when I applied I met the 1095 days requirement. I was told by her that in 4-6 weeks I will get my oath...but no news. So I called them today...CIC call center first of all argued for a few minutes that how I could have possibly misunderstood 4 - 6 months as 4 - 6 weeks....anyhow, moving on, she said, I have a good news for you...I thought MAYBE MY OATH date is scheduled. On the contrary, I was told..Well, they have received my CBSA report as of 11th Oct 2014 and that they are reviewing it now and that if I don't hear back in 6 months (or end of February, I should contact them)....Not sure what to make of this situation. Its been 28 months now!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't understand their process, should it be that they have the CBSA report when they did the background checks and checking of residence requirement. What were they doing with your file in the past 2 years?

cit_izen

Star Member
Feb 21, 2014
Am actually pretty baffled myself...
All I hope for ...they do something soon...the interviewer discouraged me from transferring my file to AB as it takes longer she said...clearly, she had no clue what is she talking about!

Exasperated!

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
cit_izen said:
Here is my story...
I gave my test on Aug 22 '14. and because I had travelled extensively, the lady (interviewer) wanted to get my records from CBSA to see that when I applied I met the 1095 days requirement. I was told by her that in 4-6 weeks I will get my oath...but no news. So I called them today...CIC call center first of all argued for a few minutes that how I could have possibly misunderstood 4 - 6 months as 4 - 6 weeks....anyhow, moving on, she said, I have a good news for you...I thought MAYBE MY OATH date is scheduled. On the contrary, I was told..Well, they have received my CBSA report as of 11th Oct 2014 and that they are reviewing it now and that if I don't hear back in 6 months (or end of February, I should contact them)....Not sure what to make of this situation. Its been 28 months now!
It takes 15 minutes to match the CBSA report with your travels mentioned, what took them so long?

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Happy Weekend everyone. OMG time is flying so fast specially when you're cramming. Will update you guys RE: Oath next friday! Cheers! I will volunteer to sing O Canada! LOL

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cit_izen said:
Here is my story...
Did you get RQed or not and did you travel within the 3 year period of applying citizenship?

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Parking questions

Hi all, should I just park to the public parking at 877 express blvd or somewhere else? I was in dt n it's 8 min walk from yaletown station but need to get back to work so skytrain is my last resort. Thanks

Eswiz

Star Member
May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-05-2011
AOR Received.
07-08-2011
File Transfer...
19-07-2011
Med's Done....
27-04-2011
Passport Req..
07-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-11
LANDED..........
10-11-11
Re: Parking questions

u4g5 said:
Hi all, should I just park to the public parking at 877 express blvd or somewhere else? I was in dt n it's 8 min walk from yaletown station but need to get back to work so skytrain is my last resort. Thanks
There is parking right next to 977 express blvd. It costs $5 per hour. However, to reduce the stress and worry on such an important day I think it is worth paying it.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
The new citizens that had their oath today got a chance to watch the Canucks. :)

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply. I'm only afraid by 9ish, all parking spot r gone. Can't get to the office too early cuz test at 10 am