Aug 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vias said:
Recently moved from Calgary to Vancouver. Here is my time line

Received - June24/2013

In Progress - Sept16/2013

File at Calgary office - March 15th /2014

Last week Requested to transfer the file to Vancouver office .....as per call center agent it takes 6 weeks..

Received test Notice to appear exam on June17th.....

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I saw new addition to the datasheet file of a person named "sd". He applied in Septmber 2013 and is having the test in June!

This is a good news... anyone has similar good news?!

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
I have my test completed on April 10th. Still waiting to hear about the oath date. Did anyone got oath date for april 10th test date.

raj

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
chantilocal said:
I have my test completed on April 10th. Still waiting to hear about the oath date. Did anyone got oath date for april 10th test date.

raj
When did you apply?

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i requested for my cbsa report. i got it by post mail.

i am happy that the dates match those on my application.

God bless :)

basharar

Nov 5, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Charmmed we have similar transfer dates, did the report mention any scheduled dates for you? looking good so far

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
@ Charmmed we have similar transfer dates, did the report mention any scheduled dates for you? looking good so far
hi basharar,

no, no schedule dates yet.

But August and September applicants are getting test dates.

Maybe we are next :) God's will :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I see the info on the Vancouver file for the user "sd" has been modified; as the test date has been removed. Any idea why and who made so?

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
I took my test at CIC Vancouver today
As these posts always had useful information for me, it's time for me to contribute

Overall, the experience was very easy and smooth for me
Arrived 10 minutes before call time to a really long line up
We were ushered to the elevator and got to the second floor, where they check for you letter that calls you to the exam and your ID (PR card)

We were seated in a room and the instructor went through all the announcements before taking the test, what to submit, can't talk during test, if you fail, you have 1 more chance and after that is meeting with judge etc. etc. Moral of the story, don't fail or you'll wait 18 months to see the judge

The test was fairly easy, as everyone has said, you need to read the book and remember dates, names and do practice tests

I finished the test in about 10-15 minutes. I went across the hall to wait for my interview.
They started calling people and the first few people were at the interview booth for really long, like the interviewer must have looked through every page of their passport. There was a lady that when I got called, she still was being interviewed (about 20 minutes)

So my turn, I showed the CORP papers, PR card, and all the IDs I submitted with the applications.
She told me I got all questions correct, good start! She proceeded to verify all dates I declared as absences by going through all pages of my 3 passports
She said you travel a lot, and I said not all of them during the 4 year period (I've been in Canada for 11 years)

Once verified, she asked about my employment, if I still work for the same employer, my family and where they are, my work travels, if I was convicted, my address and how long I've been there
Where I went for school, what I did since my graduation
Every question she checked a whole bunch of boxes on a form
The free formed some notes

She then photocopied my passport and said will forward to the judge and that's it!
The whole thing took about 10 minutes

I was out of there after an hour and a half.
The experience was positive, the staff are helpful and nice. I was really impressed.

Tip: make sure you come prepared, if you finish early and do well, you can get out of there fast.
Be organized, bring all the documents that were asked for, get ready to show them and don't fumble and try to find documents, just makes you appear un organized

originalcat

Jun 5, 2014
Here is my time line, Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Receipt: May 10 2013
In Process: Aug 10 2013
Local Office: Vancouver
Finger prints request: Feb 4 2014
Test: Apr 3 2014
Oath: June 9 2014

pedros

Star Member
Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vbomb said:
So my turn, I showed the CORP papers, PR card, and all the IDs I submitted with the applications.
Congratulations vbomb and thanks for the post. Sorry, I may be being a bit stupid here but what are "CORP papers"?

UPDATE: Sorry, just clicked.. should be COPR.. Confirmation of Permanent Residence?

Thanks

okoy

Jun 18, 2013
originalcat said:
Here is my time line, Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Receipt: May 10 2013
In Process: Aug 10 2013
Local Office: Vancouver
Finger prints request: Feb 4 2014
Test: Apr 3 2014
Oath: June 9 2014
When did you get your oath letter?

Did my test on April 2, 2014 no letter still. Maybe my RQ have something to do with it.

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
okoy said:
When did you get your oath letter?

Did my test on April 2, 2014 no letter still. Maybe my RQ have something to do with it.
what is RQ ?