+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
I called CIC and I was told that my file was transferred. When I asked about the date, he said: it was done on March!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct13 said:
I called CIC and I was told that my file was transferred. When I asked about the date, he said: it was done on March!
My optimistic self is telling me that you are going to get Notice to Appear for Exam on 3rd week of June for first week of July.

Then you will have Oath Taking First week of October.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D GOODLUCK my friend ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
My optimistic self is telling me that you are going to get Notice to Appear for Exam on 3rd week of June for first week of July.

Then you will have Oath Taking First week of October.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D GOODLUCK my friend ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I love your optimistic spirit my friend :))

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friday and it's raining..

April is days away.. :) sun show up soon :)

7 hours away from weekend.. lols.. :p :p ;D ;D :p :p

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
whats up, Vancouver?
Any signs applicants from here will be processed faster?

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
hello everybody!
I'm from Vancouver. here is my timeline:
received : april 2013
in process : july 2013
fingerprint request/submit : February 2013
still waiting..

btw: My pr card is expiring in May 2014, do you think I should apply for renewal or just wait for test?
Also do you think if someone gets fingerprint request he should probably not get RQ non?
My humble reasoning is if they would need additional information they would ask it at the same time with fingerprint, non??

thanks a lot for opening a special topic for Vancouver folks!:)
cheers!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:
hello everybody!
still waiting..

btw: My pr card is expiring in May 2014, do you think I should apply for renewal or just wait for test?
Also do you think if someone gets fingerprint request he should probably not get RQ non?
My humble reasoning is if they would need additional information they would ask it at the same time with fingerprint, non??

cheers!
I am not an expert but you only have two months for your PR card to expire.. I really believe you have to renew..

Nobody knows when one will get notice for test.. even if you get test notice, it is 2-3 weeks away from your test date.. and oath is 2-3 mos after your test..

It is still for your best interest to have a valid PR card as that is one proof of your legal status here in Canada..

Goodluck on your file and keep us posted..

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sheb said:
hello everybody!
still waiting..

cheers!
my wife got fingerprint request, got test 3 months after and then oath 1 month after test.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Thank you both for your reply! I hope i will get the test day soon.
and you are right I should renew pr, you never know with cic

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
False. If you do not intend to travel outside of Canada, then you do not need a PR card. PR card is only a travel document.

charmed10-2013 said:
I am not an expert but you only have two months for your PR card to expire.. I really believe you have to renew..

Nobody knows when one will get notice for test.. even if you get test notice, it is 2-3 weeks away from your test date.. and oath is 2-3 mos after your test..

It is still for your best interest to have a valid PR card as that is one proof of your legal status here in Canada..

Goodluck on your file and keep us posted..

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jujuberanch said:
False. If you do not intend to travel outside of Canada, then you do not need a PR card. PR card is only a travel document.
I know I am not an expert but according to this:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

Permanent Resident Card

The Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.

A PR Card is a document required by permanent residents, including children, who plan on travelling outside of Canada and returning to Canada by any commercial transporter, such as a plane, train, boat or bus.

Somehow I guessed it right. lol.

But you were right, you need it when you need to travel. But it is still best to renew it, you never know, when you will need to prove your status here.

Peace ;D ;D

ullo

Mar 7, 2014
Hi, has any of heard about a case like mine. Wrote test and had interview on January 29th 2014,officer told me I passed with high score and we will receive a letter within 8 weeks... nothing since then. :( Called CIC they told me on first place I haven't written the test, then they did some research and found that I have done, but Vancouver didn't send the results until now..any suggestions what I can do? at CIC they told me just to be patient...