+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nothing much. Just that wht do I do and checked my passport for visa stamps.

aamer43

May 6, 2009
Surrey Office! Please wake up....... Don't TEST our PATIENCE.............

It is so good to see in past few weeks that Vancouver Office has speed up the processing.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is good to see from our Spreadsheet that Onlycat logged his/her oath date Aug 15, 2014. She/He took the exam June 5th.

So WaitingforOath Club, relax.. it is coming :)

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
charmed10-2013 said:
It is good to see from our Spreadsheet that Onlycat logged his/her oath date Aug 15, 2014. She/He took the exam June 5th.

So WaitingforOath Club, relax.. it is coming :)
Keep up the good spirit my friend. You are a positive energy :)

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
canucksrig said:
Thanks charmed!! Hoping for the best!!!

Good luck to hamed and vanavan!
Thanks I need all the luck. Its hard to juggle between studying discover Canada and studying for my medical exams for August 4 which I'm quite anxious about as well considering they're both high stakes test for me. What happened to the 2-3 months they used to say? It became 3-5 now....

Now all you have to do is wait and chill. Cheers and job well done for acing your test!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
Thanks I need all the luck. Its hard to juggle between studying discover Canada and studying for my medical exams for August 4 which I'm quite anxious about as well considering they're both high stakes test for me. What happened to the 2-3 months they used to say? It became 3-5 now....

Now all you have to do is wait and chill. Cheers and job well done for acing your test!
After interview the officer will say 2-3mos. But the actual paper they are distributing after the exam says 3-5 months :)

Goodluck on both your exams!

Kubik

Dec 1, 2008
Hi Folks,
Having submitted our family application in Aug 2013 (me & wife in process since Oct 2013 and child in process since Feb 2014) and still awaiting test letter I got nervous so I couldn't help but phoning CIC Call Centre 5 minutes ago. The officer told me the same thing as I heard when I phoned them the first time a couple of months ago: "Background checks are done, file looking good, receiving the test letter is just a question of time". The only thing news to me is that he told me that our file was transferred to Surrey office (I live in Maple Ridge, maybe due to location). I've been posting under this thread thinking my file will go to Vancouver office, I hope you guys won't kick me out :) Surrey is just next doors anyway :)
Ah well, fingers crossed and waiting...
Good luck all,
Kubik

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
Hi Folks,
Having submitted our family application in Aug 2013 (me & wife in process since Oct 2013 and child in process since Feb 2014) and still awaiting test letter I got nervous so I couldn't help but phoning CIC Call Centre 5 minutes ago. The officer told me the same thing as I heard when I phoned them the first time a couple of months ago: "Background checks are done, file looking good, receiving the test letter is just a question of time". The only thing news to me is that he told me that our file was transferred to Surrey office (I live in Maple Ridge, maybe due to location). I've been posting under this thread thinking my file will go to Vancouver office, I hope you guys won't kick me out :) Surrey is just next doors anyway :)
Good luck all,
Kubik
I think this thread is for all of us in BC.. lol.. :)

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kubik said:
Hi Folks,
Good luck all,
Kubik
Hang in there Kubik! I think surrey is a bit behind Vancouver in processing applications.
Good luck all!

vanvanvan

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
My Experience today doing my test was a breeze. Arrived 7:40 waited downstairs, the doors don't open til 8. Once it opens people go nuts, so make sure you stay close to the door. The security will ring you in the elevator for 2nd floor. Once you're on the 2nd floor turn left, the door on the right is where you will write your exams. They need to see your invitation letter and ID and will direct you toward the front table. On the front table they will verify again your docs and assign you a seat. Family members shouldn't sit together. On the chair there is a clipboard with instructions as well as an answer sheet. Follow the instructions, write your printed last name on the top left, shade the corresponding bubble in the bottom of it e.g, (A), (B), (C) shade the whole thing. On the right top side write your case ID and shade the corresponding number in the bottom. In the middle part with blanks on it ____________ make sure you write your name full name e.g, John Matthew Doe or Doe, John Matthew and the date on your invites as well as the time. On the bottom most part is the 20 block answer sheet same instructions shade that bubble. Make sure you clip your invitation on the clipboard during the duration of the test. They will distribute the test one by one and will tell you when to start make sure the questions are faced down while waiting for them to say when you can start. The test is super easy, but make sure you read the Discover Canada i think I over studied. After you're finish leave your clipboard and pencil that was provided and take your questionnaire, your invitation, your answer key and your stuffs at the bottom of your chair. Make a line on the left side of the table on the front. The officer will check your answer key and shade the corresponding version of the questionnaire and will ask you to get a paper with instructions. Once you're done you can proceed to the room immediately on front of the room where you took your exams. There are wickets there like in the bank i think its from 1-8. Take a seat and someone will call you when they are ready to help you, you don't need to get any numbers,stubs etc., Just take a seat. Once they call you bring all your documents and supporting if you have. Saturate them with documents, that helped in my case. She was very happy coz it was detailed and in order of dates such as plane tickets, hotel reservation, parking reservation, NOA's, Lease agreements etc haha knowing the OC in me., I was second to finish the test so I was done early. I left the building at 9:05 with a big smile on my face and had a latte to chill. I made this for those with test anxiety, so you know what to expect once you're there. Good Luck. She was happy with all my docs told me that I will get my oath invite a bit over 2 months. Cheers. Hope this helps...

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
My Experience today doing my test was a breeze. Arrived 7:40 waited downstairs, the doors don't open til 8. Once it opens people go nuts, so make sure you stay close to the door. The security will ring you in the elevator for 2nd floor. Once you're on the 2nd floor turn left, the door on the right is where you will write your exams. They need to see your invitation letter and ID and will direct you toward the front table. On the front table they will verify again your docs and assign you a seat. Family members shouldn't sit together. On the chair there is a clipboard with instructions as well as an answer sheet. Follow the instructions, write your printed last name on the top left, shade the corresponding bubble in the bottom of it e.g, (A), (B), (C) shade the whole thing. On the right top side write your case ID and shade the corresponding number in the bottom. In the middle part with blanks on it ____________ make sure you write your name full name e.g, John Matthew Doe or Doe, John Matthew and the date on your invites as well as the time. On the bottom most part is the 20 block answer sheet same instructions shade that bubble. Make sure you clip your invitation on the clipboard during the duration of the test. They will distribute the test one by one and will tell you when to start make sure the questions are faced down while waiting for them to say when you can start. The test is super easy, but make sure you read the Discover Canada i think I over studied. After you're finish leave your clipboard and pencil that was provided and take your questionnaire, your invitation, your answer key and your stuffs at the bottom of your chair. Make a line on the left side of the table on the front. The officer will check your answer key and shade the corresponding version of the questionnaire and will ask you to get a paper with instructions. Once you're done you can proceed to the room immediately on front the room where you took your exams. There are wickets there like in the bank i think its from 1-8. Take a seat and someone will call you when they are ready to help you, you don't need to get any numbers,stubs etc., Just take a seat. Once they call you bring all your documents and supporting if you have. Saturate them with documents that helped in my case. She was very happy coz it was detailed and in order of dates such as plane tickets, hotel reservation, parking reservation, NOA's, Lease agreements etc haha knowing the OC in me., I was second to finish the test so I was done early. I left the building at 9:05 with a big smile on my face and had a latte to chill. I made this for those with test anxiety, so you know what to expect once you're there. Good Luck. She was happy with all my docs told me that I will get my oath invite a bit over 2 months. Cheers. Hope this helps...
thank you for sharing!!!!

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vanvanvan said:
My Experience today doing my test was a breeze. Arrived 7:40 waited downstairs, the doors don't open til 8. Once it opens people go nuts, so make sure you stay close to the door. The security will ring you in the elevator for 2nd floor. Once you're on the 2nd floor turn left, the door on the right is where you will write your exams. They need to see your invitation letter and ID and will direct you toward the front table. On the front table they will verify again your docs and assign you a seat. Family members shouldn't sit together. On the chair there is a clipboard with instructions as well as an answer sheet. Follow the instructions, write your printed last name on the top left, shade the corresponding bubble in the bottom of it e.g, (A), (B), (C) shade the whole thing. On the right top side write your case ID and shade the corresponding number in the bottom. In the middle part with blanks on it ____________ make sure you write your name full name e.g, John Matthew Doe or Doe, John Matthew and the date on your invites as well as the time. On the bottom most part is the 20 block answer sheet same instructions shade that bubble. Make sure you clip your invitation on the clipboard during the duration of the test. They will distribute the test one by one and will tell you when to start make sure the questions are faced down while waiting for them to say when you can start. The test is super easy, but make sure you read the Discover Canada i think I over studied. After you're finish leave your clipboard and pencil that was provided and take your questionnaire, your invitation, your answer key and your stuffs at the bottom of your chair. Make a line on the left side of the table on the front. The officer will check your answer key and shade the corresponding version of the questionnaire and will ask you to get a paper with instructions. Once you're done you can proceed to the room immediately on front of the room where you took your exams. There are wickets there like in the bank i think its from 1-8. Take a seat and someone will call you when they are ready to help you, you don't need to get any numbers,stubs etc., Just take a seat. Once they call you bring all your documents and supporting if you have. Saturate them with documents, that helped in my case. She was very happy coz it was detailed and in order of dates such as plane tickets, hotel reservation, parking reservation, NOA's, Lease agreements etc haha knowing the OC in me., I was second to finish the test so I was done early. I left the building at 9:05 with a big smile on my face and had a latte to chill. I made this for those with test anxiety, so you know what to expect once you're there. Good Luck. She was happy with all my docs told me that I will get my oath invite a bit over 2 months. Cheers. Hope this helps...
Congrats! Welcome to the WaitingforOath Club! :)