+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver Applicants

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
horse said:
I submitted my application last Friday. It has received this Monday.
However, I just noticed that I forgot to print my name on the back of photos.....I am the only applicant.......
Hopefully, it is fine..............
I have not printed my name on the back of my photos either. London Drugs photographer stamped it though. My file was accepted.

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blestcheche said:
@ charmed

Hey, I just wanna ask if your ecas is showing your pr status application
Hi blestcheche,

My ecas is not showing any of my PR Status application as I have none. When I log on to ecas, I opted citizenship application.

Maybe some other members have the same situation as yours which could help. :)

Did you apply for PR Card Renewal?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Darumal,

It seems that you didn't get a friendly officer. I think cards have been dealt and you shouldn't worry much. If I was you I would call the CIC in about two weeks to see if everything looks OK on your file.

All the best!

darumal said:
I attended my test last week. I believe I passed the test, yet, the staff's attitude made me worried.

the staff didn't check my landing paper and my pr card. she asked how I did in my test. Then, she asked if I have any family member in Canada. I told her that my partner. she was shocked and asked whether I meant a husband or bf. I told her that I'm married and it is a same gender marriage. she studied my app. form and then grinned "oh, yup you're married! I thought you are wife, right". It made me feel uneasy.

she then said she can't find 3 stamps in my passport. 1 trip was left a month once my PR status was approved. the other 2 trips were left around 2 weeks. I told her that I had CBSA travel record and tried to explain. She interrupted me right away and said she has applied cbsa record but it only has entry record. I further explained that I was using my homeland ID card so they didn't give any stamps. Yet, I kept all boarding pass / tickets / travel insurance for each trip and I showed her one by one. She marked some symbol on the form. Subsequently, she said I didn't translate 1 stamp in my another passport. I told her that passport was used 2 times for 2 trips (one in 2006 and the other one in 2008) only. The main reason why I applied that passport because no travel visa was needed for travelling to Egypt in 2006. I joined a group tour and took some domestic flights so I can't remember which city stands for. Luckily, there was a entry stamp in Caro with travelling date as a proof. The staff marked it down on the paper and said she will let the judge to review.

Final question she asked was : am I still working with the same company when I filed my app. I said yes. She asked me to leave then.

My worry: the staff didn't ask for any document nor check my passport to see if I was away after I filed my citizenship app. Indeed, I prepared a full set of doc, include a spreadsheet of my travel history (till a day before the test), NOA, employment verification letter, etc. I was trimmed and didn't show them to the staff. During the "interview", I asked the staff to repeat questions particularly her voice was low sometimes. Would it make the staff question about my language proficiency and then transfer my case to the judge?

Your inputs are highly appreciated! Thanks

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
darumal said:
I attended my test last week. I believe I passed the test, yet, the staff's attitude made me worried.

the staff didn't check my landing paper and my pr card. she asked how I did in my test. Then, she asked if I have any family member in Canada. I told her that my partner. she was shocked and asked whether I meant a husband or bf. I told her that I'm married and it is a same gender marriage. she studied my app. form and then grinned "oh, yup you're married! I thought you are wife, right". It made me feel uneasy.

she then said she can't find 3 stamps in my passport. 1 trip was left a month once my PR status was approved. the other 2 trips were left around 2 weeks. I told her that I had CBSA travel record and tried to explain. She interrupted me right away and said she has applied cbsa record but it only has entry record. I further explained that I was using my homeland ID card so they didn't give any stamps. Yet, I kept all boarding pass / tickets / travel insurance for each trip and I showed her one by one. She marked some symbol on the form. Subsequently, she said I didn't translate 1 stamp in my another passport. I told her that passport was used 2 times for 2 trips (one in 2006 and the other one in 2008) only. The main reason why I applied that passport because no travel visa was needed for travelling to Egypt in 2006. I joined a group tour and took some domestic flights so I can't remember which city stands for. Luckily, there was a entry stamp in Caro with travelling date as a proof. The staff marked it down on the paper and said she will let the judge to review.

Final question she asked was : am I still working with the same company when I filed my app. I said yes. She asked me to leave then.

My worry: the staff didn't ask for any document nor check my passport to see if I was away after I filed my citizenship app. Indeed, I prepared a full set of doc, include a spreadsheet of my travel history (till a day before the test), NOA, employment verification letter, etc. I was trimmed and didn't show them to the staff. During the "interview", I asked the staff to repeat questions particularly her voice was low sometimes. Would it make the staff question about my language proficiency and then transfer my case to the judge?

Your inputs are highly appreciated! Thanks
Hi Darumal,

A friend of mine told me, that if there is a problem on your file, the officer will let you know during the interview. She/He would be asking for more documentation to support your physical presence in Canada. If she/he did not even bother to look at your supporting documents, then I would say you should be alright.

I know, we can't help to worry. But right now, all of our cases will be reviewed by the judge. We can only hope for the best :)

blestcheche

Feb 17, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Hi blestcheche,

My ecas is not showing any of my PR Status application as I have none. When I log on to ecas, I opted citizenship application.

Maybe some other members have the same situation as yours which could help. :)

Did you apply for PR Card Renewal?
I didn't apply for a pr card renewal. weird.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just talked to a friend who wrote her test in may. and she said Vancouver office is faster than surrey cuz once she changed her address from richmond (belong to surrey office?) to Vancouver, she received test notice right away.
anybody has input on this??
Thanks

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
u4g5 said:
I just talked to a friend who wrote her test in may. and she said Vancouver office is faster than surrey cuz once she changed her address from richmond (belong to surrey office?) to Vancouver, she received test notice right away.
anybody has input on this??
Thanks
my application was with Vancouver office and my address is in Richmond.
Did your friend get the invitation yet? I got oath 2 months after test.

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nguyentu2001 said:
my application was with Vancouver office and my address is in Richmond.
Did your friend get the invitation yet? I got oath 2 months after test.
shes still waiting for oath. so richmond is belong to vancouver office then?

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
@ tnangers,

Do you have any idea as to when your file was transferred to the local office ?
I don't know when my file was transferred to the local office because the agency said my file is completed, so I didn't bother it. My local office is Surrey.

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
basharar said:
I called again today, my application is ready for the test, but i am on a waiting list :mad: they don't know how long is that list?! neither they can explain how this waiting list works?! feeling anxious and frustrated...
I have the same answer as you. Hopefully we will have the test schedule soon :)

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blestcheche said:
I didn't apply for a pr card renewal. weird.
Check this out:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/citizenship-ecas-shows-up-completed-pr-application-status-along-t228641.0.html

You're not alone. Might just be a glitch.

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Thank you canucksrig..

canucksrig said:
Hi Raj,

It seems Vancouver office sends oath letter in three months after the exam provided everything is OK with the file. I guess you should be getting an oath letter soon as you are almost close to three months