Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Ecas just updated :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 3, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I wonder what it is ?! Fingerprints maybe? What could it be as a correspondence/documents requested?

bilal007

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th feb
Med's Request
17th may
Med's Done....
18th may
VISA ISSUED...
5th august
LANDED..........
23 september
Hi everyone.

When do we get Certificate of citizenship? we need this for passport application. Do they give this document on the Oath ceremony day?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Hi everyone.

When do we get Certificate of citizenship? we need this for passport application. Do they give this document on the Oath ceremony day?
Yes, you'll get the certificate after you take the oath. You'll have to wait two business days before you go apply for a passport.

(Make sure to take all the documents they tell you to bring. They'll take your PR card and may update your COPR. If you don't bring the documents they ask, they may reschedule your oath, or withhold your certificate until you've sent them the documents.)

Reactions: bilal007

bilal007

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Visa Office......
islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th feb
Med's Request
17th may
Med's Done....
18th may
VISA ISSUED...
5th august
LANDED..........
23 september
Yes, you'll get the certificate after you take the oath. You'll have to wait two business days before you go apply for a passport.

(Make sure to take all the documents they tell you to bring. They'll take your PR card and may update your COPR. If you don't bring the documents they ask, they may reschedule your oath, or withhold your certificate until you've sent them the documents.)
Thanks buddy .

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
My parents (both over 65) had their interview today in Vancouver. I thought I'd give an update since I found all the posts on this forum very helpful.

My parents did not include their police certificate from their country of citizenship in the original package, but added an explanation that they will request and send it as soon as possible. We did get them and sent them through web form and received acknowledgement. However yesterday I noticed a new update on my mother's ecas asking for additional documents with letter dating March 26th. They have not received any correspondence from CIC, so we assumed it's a fingerprint request. My father did not have that update. Today the officer told them it was for her police certificate which she gave him. So apparently they did not have the copies we sent through the web form and somehow they only requested it from my mom. dad is over 80, so that might be the reason?
Anyways, the rest of the interview went smooth and they said they will finish up some checks and will invite them for oath ceremony in 3-5 months.

Both my parents commented on how nice and relaxed was the office and environment specially compared to US consulate in Vancouver which they had to deal with frequently!

I will update as soon as they get their DM.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Hi All

Test done got 19/20

Thanks

natk

Star Member
Nov 7, 2014
Category........
CEC
Hello Vancouver-ites!

I have received my oath date - May 4. (My timeline is in my signature.)

Best wishes to all of you during this process :)

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

aries9811

Jun 6, 2009
New York
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo-NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 27, 2010
Doc's Request.
March 17,2010 --> Documents Recieved @VO April 2,2010
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
Second AOR 1st May 2010
IELTS Request
March 17,2010
File Transfer...
Nov 2, 2011
Med's Request
Jan 26,2012
Med's Done....
Received @Ottawa Feb 17,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 10, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
June 2012
LANDED..........
August 2012

k9fortmc

Star Member
Mar 28, 2012
Downtown vancouver
Category........
FAM
Ecas just updated :

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 7, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 13, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 3, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
I wonder what it is ?! Fingerprints maybe? What could it be as a correspondence/documents requested?
The correspondence sent last week is the Fingerprint request. Finally i got it by mail. I booked an appointment for tomorrow with RCMP. And along with the fingerprint request there is a bleu page stating the local office processing my file: 200-877 Expo Blvd in vancouver.

Anybody from this office can tell me what’s next now and estimated time for the next steps please?

leviathan_55

Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver
The correspondence sent last week is the Fingerprint request. Finally i got it by mail. I booked an appointment for tomorrow with RCMP. And along with the fingerprint request there is a bleu page stating the local office processing my file: 200-877 Expo Blvd in Vancouver.

Anybody from this office can tell me what’s next now and estimated time for the next steps please?
My advice for you is the following:

go to the the local Comissionaires Office at Suite 800 – 595 Howe Street, Vancouver BC with the letter that you received on the mail. Make sure you take all required documents. They will take your FP and send whats required.They do this every day bunch of times. they will tell you excatly what you need to do. no appointment needed as well. check their website for hours.

As for next steps any local cic office doesn't take calls regarding application update. There is a contact number which you got in your AOR email/email. As long your application is falling within 12 months, you are good. Looks like you're only 3 months in. You're good for time.