+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Vancouver applicants - (C-6 10/11)

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Does anyone know what parking is available near the IRCC office on Expo Blvd? Even paid options?
We write our citizenship exams in a week.
Taking the Skytrain would normally be the best option but I will need to drive there for work.

Thank you.

usaorcanada

May 17, 2017
Does anyone know what parking is available near the IRCC office on Expo Blvd? Even paid options?
Taking the Skytrain would normally be the best option but I will need to drive there for work.

Thank you.
Hi Hfinkel, paid parking is next door to the IRCC office.
Good luck

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
Congrats, mine is b4 urs yet no response. However, why test? since they are over 65
Hopefully you'll get your test invite soon too. I guess they use the same template for everyone, so the email says test/interview but mentions the requirement for test. Good luck to youl.

leviathan_55

Nov 20, 2013
Vancouver
Status Changed to Decision Made as of March 13,2018. Please update.

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like the oath invitation could take about a month or two. Again this is my observation based on how Vancouver office is handling the oath invitations prior to October 2018. As always I will keep you guys posted.

For anyone who received the oath you know if you gotten an email or physical mail for oath invitations?

Reactions: Angy*

LordVoldemort

Oct 8, 2017
Hey everyone

So I got FP request on February 8th and did it on the 13th, and now I am waiting for my test invite. Any of you got Fp request? And if anyone knows if it delays the application. Thank you

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Just got email

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 8:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
So this is for my folks over 65, is this same for Oath? or what

Last edited:

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Just got email

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 19, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 12, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 25, 2018 at 8:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
So this is for my folks over 65, is this same for Oath? or what
Adults who do not have to take the test still have to go to the interview, to have their documents and travel history etc checked.

Angy*

Oct 29, 2017
Vancouver
LANDED..........
11-07-2013
Status Changed to Decision Made as of March 13,2018. Please update.

Looking at the spreadsheet it looks like the oath invitation could take about a month or two. Again this is my observation based on how Vancouver office is handling the oath invitations prior to October 2018. As always I will keep you guys posted.

For anyone who received the oath you know if you gotten an email or physical mail for oath invitations?
My friend got the oath invitation by email, one month after DM and ceremony is one month later...

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Adults who do not have to take the test still have to go to the interview, to have their documents and travel history etc checked.
So they never traveled after getting PR, and interview is what exactly? just verifying name etc?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
So they never traveled after getting PR, and interview is what exactly? just verifying name etc?
Validation of any of the documents for which copies were included with the application, including passports (to make sure there's no stamps for travel that hasn't been declared). And checking their identity documents.

And possibly some questions to establish that they have been present in Canada during the eligibility period.

sssnv

Feb 3, 2014
Interesting ! I called an agent last week, who told me that no office assigned to my application yet. He said it would go through temporary IRCC office.

I am planning to call this week to request assigning to Vancouver office, what do you think ?
Did you end up calling IRCC to request changing of office to Vancouver? I am sorry if I missed any messages on this thread.

gopr

Mar 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Passport Req..
25-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2014
LANDED..........
23-12-2014
Does anyone know how early can I get into the building for the test at 8.15am at Vancouver office? Please let me know so I can plan accordingly. Thank you!

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Validation of any of the documents for which copies were included with the application, including passports (to make sure there's no stamps for travel that hasn't been declared). And checking their identity documents.

And possibly some questions to establish that they have been present in Canada during the eligibility period.
Can I be with them ? just in case they need interpreter or I have to officially request that

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Can I be with them ? just in case they need interpreter or I have to officially request that
The policy on interpreters is at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/interview/interpreter/officers-persons-acting-interpreters-instructions-case-processing-agents.html

Note that if you have a citizenship application in progress for yourself you may be barred from acting as an interpreter for your parents.

palachinke

Nov 21, 2012

Thank you.
there is a paid parking beside the building. 10 bucks for 2 hrs

Reactions: hfinkel