Valid Work Experience ??

candavisa

Oct 24, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:
Hi,

I have a question here what if someone is working under NOC 2171 (Business Analyst/Developer) for say 2 years and he has a bachelors in Civil or mechanical like that. Is he eligible to claim points under NOC 2171 (CEC) for a 2 years work experience.

Thanks
Ravi
separate points are for work exp and education.

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
My question is if the candidate is working under a job, whose roles and responsibilities come under NOC 2171 but has a bachelors/masters degree from a discipline not mentioned in the NOC requirements. For instance NOC 2171 asks for "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline". What if the candidate has a bachelors degree in civil and he is working under NOC 2171 . Will he awarded points for work experience under NOC 2171 or CIC will reject the claim for experience mentioning he doesnt meet the education requirements that is a "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline"

For instance my 2171 NOC:
Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Ravi123456 said:
My question is if the candidate is working under a job, whose roles and responsibilities come under NOC 2171 but has a bachelors/masters degree from a discipline not mentioned in the NOC requirements. For instance NOC 2171 asks for "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline". What if the candidate has a bachelors degree in civil and he is working under NOC 2171 . Will he awarded points for work experience under NOC 2171 or CIC will reject the claim for experience mentioning he doesnt meet the education requirements that is a "A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline"

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering, business administration or a related discipline
or
Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
Education doesn't matter. It also says "usually required".

Idda11

Jun 13, 2016
Dear members,
Would you give me an advice in this situation:

I have completed my studies in April 2016.
Started to work on May 1 ON CAMPUS, full time, in the field that doesn't relate to my education (CIC doesn't put a limit on how many hours you can work on campus while on Study Permit).
Finished my unpaid internship (the other place) on June 30.
Graduation letter issued by College on July 10.
Applied for PGWP on July 20.
Study permit expired on July 31.
Received PGWP on November 16, 2016.
Continue to work at the same place on campus currently.

From which date should I count my hours towards CEC?

Thank you

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
kryt0n said:
As far as I know that's asking when you had suitable experience/qualifications to work in that NOC. If you check the NOC details it will say 'requirements to work' which is usually 'completion of degree in xxx, work experience in xxx'... unless it says you HAVE to have that, then just list when you graduated. If that makes sense?

Employment requirements

or

So I put my date of being qualified as the month I graduated from my computing degree.
I agree, I have Graduation date as eligibility date as well

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
yes my study permit was valid until july 2016 and since got PGWP in April 2015 it sorta overtook the study permit ? confusing ? i know

what you think ? to be honest i have searched entire internet just to look for a right answer couldn't find one , so created thread .

Skeptical ???
I am in same boat as you, Started working on Jan 5,2015 got PGWP on Mar 3,2015, Offcampus work permit was valid until April,2015. Got an ITA as well but don't know if i should accept it or not. Can't find answer anywhere.

Anyone? Thoughts? Suggestions?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys i have finally Declined my ITA (Dec 22nd) , based on the facts that i cannot claim my points for the 3 months of Experience that i have worked in the period of ( after graduation till i received my PGWP ) , in my opinion it is safe to decline an ITA and get rid of the fear of getting rejected due to those 3 months . since i received my PGWP on april 10 i am going to count my experience from that point on .

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ravi123456 said:

Employment requirements

or
this would help. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/urgent-plz-help-can-i-claim-this-work-experience-t467915.0.html

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
OMG_Chakromakro said:
Guys i have finally Declined my ITA (Dec 22nd) , based on the facts that i cannot claim my points for the 3 months of Experience that i have worked in the period of ( after graduation till i received my PGWP ) , in my opinion it is safe to decline an ITA and get rid of the fear of getting rejected due to those 3 months . since i received my PGWP on april 10 i am going to count my experience from that point on .
Probably a very tough decision however I completely understand. Good for you. Now you'll be 100% secure. X

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kryt0n said:
Probably a very tough decision however I completely understand. Good for you. Now you'll be 100% secure. X
Gosh i was so excited when i received it. Trust me it is a painful process :-X :-X

gk_phoenix

Aug 25, 2019

Employment requirements

or
So @Ravi123456 What was the final outcome of this discussion ? Should the candidate put start date as Education end date or work start date considering he is let's say bachelor's degree but with let's say Civil ?