+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Valid Offer Letter for PR

vatsalthakkar

Dec 8, 2017
Dear Members,

I received invitation for PR. I have 1 year of Canadian experience and working with same employer. The PR application asking for if "I have valid job offer letter from employer". My employment is continuous and it is permanent (as it don't state on face any time period of employment). Do I need to select YES here? I have offer letter issued one year back. I am not getting extra points for this option. I am on Post Graduation Work Permit of 3 years.

vatsalthakkar

Dec 8, 2017
Thanks for reply, in original profile I selected yes and if after invitation I select no, then is that selected would have any impact ? Meaning it will have any problem ?

sid1987

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
ottawa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-06-2018
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Passport Req..
25 -07-2018
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2018
LANDED..........
04-08-2018
Dear Members,

I received invitation for PR. I have 1 year of Canadian experience and working with same employer. The PR application asking for if "I have valid job offer letter from employer". My employment is continuous and it is permanent (as it don't state on face any time period of employment). Do I need to select YES here? I have offer letter issued one year back. I am not getting extra points for this option. I am on Post Graduation Work Permit of 3 years.
I don think your answer will be no.. please read regulations for 1 yr experience thing. for definition for valid job offer. there are diff categories.. new job.. old job etc

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I don think your answer will be no.. please read regulations for 1 yr experience thing. for definition for valid job offer. there are diff categories.. new job.. old job etc
I cannot answer with the information that you provided. However, you can answer it yourself based on IRCC requirement in the link below.

Review the details per IRCC link below.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

The below piece must be achieved in addition to some other requirements in the link above:

It also must be made (LMIA or not):
  • by employer(s) who have a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a skilled trade job a work permit that was issued based on a positive LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer(s) offered you a full-time job if you’re accepted as a permanent resident, in a job that is in the same three digit level of the NOC as your current job, for at least one year OR
  • you have a valid work permit for one of the listed skilled trade occupation and it’s exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for the employer(s) on your work permit who is making the offer and
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Dear Members,

Did you select "Yes" in EE application? If you did, re-calculate your CRS by selecting "No" under CRS tool and if your CRS is still higher than the invitation of round, you will be good else you will not be.

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
The PGWP is an open work permit - therefore no employer is specified on it.

Without an LMIA, he could only possibly get points for his job offer if he has a closed (employer-specific) work permit