Valid Medical and Biometrics at time of submission

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hello,

What happens when you submit an application for HSWP (single, inside) and you have current biometrics and medical on file with IRCC? Does it get processed faster and, if so, how many months should one expect as far as processing time, after having received PAOR onwards? I'd love to get someone's best, educated guess but preferably first-hand experience.

Thanks!

Last edited:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

What happens when you submit an application for HSWP (single, inside) and you have current biometrics and medical on file with IRCC? Does it get processed faster and, if so, how many months should one expect to wait from PAOR onwards?

Thanks!
The current PAOR time is around 3-4 months

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
The current PAOR time is around 3-4 months
Thanks for your response. What I meant by PAOR onwards was that it's already been received. It was issued 3 weeks after submission in the winter of 2022. People who have earlier year submissions like in 2019 and 2022 have seen such long wait times as 3 months for a POAR. These days, things are moving faster.

Last edited:

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
I called in to IRCC's automated answering system and got the following info.:
"We are checking that you meet the eligibility requirements; no medical needed (we'll let you know if that changes); no additional needed (""); no interview needed (""); no fingerprints needed (""). We are processing your background check."
Does this mean that it's near the eligibility letter stage? Since it's an inside Canada application, will they send the OROWP in the mail instead of requesting the applicant's passport?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I called in to IRCC's automated answering system and got the following info.:
"We are checking that you meet the eligibility requirements; no medical needed (we'll let you know if that changes); no additional needed (""); no interview needed (""); no fingerprints needed (""). We are processing your background check."
Does this mean that it's near the eligibility letter stage? Since it's an inside Canada application, will they send the OROWP in the mail instead of requesting the applicant's passport?
It's a generic response for those applicants who haven't received Medical Requests yet (outside applicants)

Inside applicants may have different processing.

If you talk to an IRCC agent over the Toll-Free Number, they can tell you about security, eligibility, medicals, admissibility and all...

Reactions: Hummingbird89

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
It's a generic response for those applicants who haven't received Medical Requests yet (outside applicants)

Inside applicants may have different processing.

If you talk to an IRCC agent over the Toll-Free Number, they can tell you about security, eligibility, medicals, admissibility and all...
Thank you! So even people that do later receive medical requests get that message?

Last edited:

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thank you! So even people that do later receive medical requests get that message?
When IRCC sends a Medical Request, the IVR says "We need your Medicals. Check your messages for more instructions or information"

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Hello,

What happens when you submit an application for HSWP (single, inside) and you have current biometrics and medical on file with IRCC? Does it get processed faster and, if so, how many months should one expect as far as processing time, after having received PAOR onwards? I'd love to get someone's best, educated guess but preferably first-hand experience.

Thanks!
As per experience, I submitted my application along with upfront medical and biometric is still valid, but I am on my 32nd month-on process application, still waiting for results. So based on my personal experience, it does not equate to making the process faster. But, upon recent medical request, only dependants got the request, saves your time but not the process. Maybe, if you are a single applicant, it will make a slight difference but still processing time as per ircc website are as follows: 36 months for hccp category a, 30 months for hccp category b and 35 months both for hswa and hswb and varies by application.

roye

Jan 13, 2021
Hi mr.preetsingh,

I am meaning to ask you if you have any idea on how to add student visa application for minors- on process hsw application. They are accompanying but I did not submit any trv for them when I sent my application. Only wp for my husband. Thank you so much in advance for your insight on this.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
As per experience, I submitted my application along with upfront medical and biometric is still valid, but I am on my 32nd month-on process application, still waiting for results. So based on my personal experience, it does not equate to making the process faster. But, upon recent medical request, only dependants got the request, saves your time but not the process. Maybe, if you are a single applicant, it will make a slight difference but still processing time as per ircc website are as follows: 36 months for hccp category a, 30 months for hccp category b and 35 months both for hswa and hswb and varies by application.
Thank you for your response. It's tough that you've waited so long. Applications from 2021 and 2022 are being processed within 13 months though. I saw an inside applicant get it in 10 months (Facebook group).

Last edited:

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Hi mr.preetsingh,

I am meaning to ask you if you have any idea on how to add student visa application for minors- on process hsw application. They are accompanying but I did not submit any trv for them when I sent my application. Only wp for my husband. Thank you so much in advance for your insight on this.
Via webform or GCKey.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi mr.preetsingh,

You have to submit the complete application form through webform referring your Application Number (PAOR).

Use this : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Application

Add a document to your application

Victorknow

Star Member
Dec 17, 2022
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello,

Thanks!
Any news from your application, I got PAOR,ADR and Biometric exemption, I also medical will also pass. What should be the next stage?

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
Any news from your application, I got PAOR,ADR and Biometric exemption, I also medical will also pass. What should be the next stage?
Hello! I hope all is well!
We did get an update, we got an ADR. We responded to this request letter the very same day. Despite the application guide saying those inside the country should use "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" (IMM5710), they sent a request letter in Dec. (2023) saying that we should have provided IMM1295. They also said that we need to do IMM5708 in order to maintain legal status while in the country. The applicant in our case already exited the country so we wrote in a response letter that this wouldn't be necessary after calling and confirming with their customer service line. The portal shows "Review of Additional Documents" as "Not Applicable" which is typical when being processed. Nothing has changed on the other statuses since day one. I thought that they would have acknowledged the medical by now.
From what I can tell from others, the eligibility and background sometimes doesn't even change until you get the passport request. A couple of people I've asked in these Telegram/Whatsapp chats seem to believe this is a post-medical ADR and that we should get a final decision as the next update.
All in all, we are hoping for the best.

Victorknow

Star Member
Dec 17, 2022
Canada
Category........
Other
Hello! I hope all is well!
We did get an update, we got an ADR. We responded to this request letter the very same day. Despite the application guide saying those inside the country should use "Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker" (IMM5710), they sent a request letter in Dec. (2023) saying that we should have provided IMM1295. They also said that we need to do IMM5708 in order to maintain legal status while in the country. The applicant in our case already exited the country so we wrote in a response letter that this wouldn't be necessary after calling and confirming with their customer service line. The portal shows "Review of Additional Documents" as "Not Applicable" which is typical when being processed. Nothing has changed on the other statuses since day one. I thought that they would have acknowledged the medical by now.
From what I can tell from others, the eligibility and background sometimes doesn't even change until you get the passport request. A couple of people I've asked in these Telegram/Whatsapp chats seem to believe this is a post-medical ADR and that we should get a final decision as the next update.
All in all, we are hoping for the best.
Thanks you so much for the information, Wishing you the very best this New Year 2024.