+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VACs in India will remain closed for October too.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Well there's no end to demands, isn't it? Even if they are justified. Students are going to demand for full approvals, then they'll demand for entry in to Canada or try to fly in to Canada any way and be denied at border. Unprecedented times = unprecedented or extreme measures. Though I do think that they should now start working on full approvals but I also see that this is the only way they can control the huge influx of students trying to enter Canada by ignoring travel restrictions.
Who is this guy and how does he know everything?!

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Well there's no end to demands, isn't it? Even if they are justified. Students are going to demand for full approvals, then they'll demand for entry in to Canada or try to fly in to Canada any way and be denied at border. Unprecedented times = unprecedented or extreme measures. Though I do think that they should now start working on full approvals but I also see that this is the only way they can control the huge influx of students trying to enter Canada by ignoring travel restrictions.
demands? after investing more than 30,000 CAD? really? you can refund the GIC and continue ... reduce the fees... do something that favors us. 30,000 cad is a huge amount sir.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
I don't think students can travel until they're allowed or one is a american citizen.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I don't think students can travel until they're allowed or one is a american citizen.
If you look at old threads on this forum, a number of students did fly to Canada and most of them denied entry at border and were sent back on next flight. This is going to happen in the future as well. That could be one of the reason that they have stopped finalizing applications (Plus VACs were closed initially).

vikrantsh30

Star Member
Feb 11, 2020
It is as simple as this.
You are a student, classes are online. They can only help accomodate PGWP at best. If you can't wait go to another country. Canada will never have shortage of people applying for study permit.
I agree ircc has been really inconsistent with updates and policies. The webinars were pretty much useless.
I can only ask you to wait. I'll give you an even bigger worry. Consider they provide full approvals before April and lift travel restrictions. Do you think 200,000+ students travelling to Canada next summer will have part time jobs easily? Do you think accomodation will be easy to find and cheap? There are broader problems with the applications piling up

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
It is as simple as this.
You are a student, classes are online. They can only help accomodate PGWP at best. If you can't wait go to another country. Canada will never have shortage of people applying for study permit.
I agree ircc has been really inconsistent with updates and policies. The webinars were pretty much useless.
I can only ask you to wait. I'll give you an even bigger worry. Consider they provide full approvals before April and lift travel restrictions. Do you think 200,000+ students travelling to Canada next summer will have part time jobs easily? Do you think accomodation will be easy to find and cheap? There are broader problems with the applications piling up
You're so right!!

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
It is as simple as this.
There are problems whichever way you look at it. Approval and allowed entry has it's own issues. Things are restrictive and shutdowns are imminent again. Students are coming here to experience Canada life as well which they aren't going to get anyway + you are depleting your $10k GIC account every month by sitting inside home which is SUPER expensive. It's better if your $10k is with the bank and you are in your country locked down, at least you are not depleting your resources at 50x times the speed (whatever the currency conversion is). It's not like that the there are no restrictions in Canada and everything is running pre-covid and students are being held back for no reasons.. There are reasons..

IRCC haven't restricted anyone from deferring intakes.. so the argument that the fee has been paid yada yada is not going to make difference. You can defer to any intake in the future or you can just withdraw or take your money some place else. This line is mainly for applicants who think they are so called scammed.

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Already waiting helplessly for the past 7 months, got aip and defferd to jan2021.
There are problems whichever way you look at it. Approval and allowed entry has it's own issues. Things are restrictive and shutdowns are imminent again. Students are coming here to experience Canada life as well which they aren't going to get anyway + you are depleting your $10k GIC account every month by sitting inside home which is SUPER expensive. It's better if your $10k is with the bank and you are in your country locked down, at least you are not depleting your resources at 50x times the speed (whatever the currency conversion is). It's not like that the there are no restrictions in Canada and everything is running pre-covid and students are being held back for no reasons.. There are reasons..

IRCC haven't restricted anyone from deferring intakes.. so the argument that the fee has been paid yada yada is not going to make difference. You can defer to any intake in the future or you can just withdraw or take your money some place else. This line is mainly for applicants who think they are so called scammed.
Would you suggest me to defer to September 2021 intake?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
You have already applied so 2 year gap will mean nothing for now. You still have time, at least couple months before you can finally decide to either go ahead with January or to defer with Fall 2021. You may get a decision before the deferral deadline as well.

Would you suggest me to defer to September 2021 intake?
I graduated last year and deferring would mean a 2 year gap