+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VACs in India will remain closed for October too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Since last month rate of new covid cases per day has dropped, not significantly but better. But most of government and private office are back in business. VAC office also should start their operations.
The offices are open in Canada. The rates in India are still very high and the Canadian staff returned to Canada so they must return to India before offices open again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Listen Man let me tell you one thing! Hoping for a PR isn’t wrong or illegal in anyway. Canada’s population is already very low and it’s their choice that they’ve made the PR process so simple if it was same like US then we both know which country all of us would be heading to! The thing is even if they cant lift the travel restrictions they can still give you a final decision. They want the students to start their online classes with uncertainty when most of the colleges wouldn’t refund their fees if they get a refusal which would be approx 17,000 CAD. If they can’t deal with the older applications then why are they taking new admissions and let me tell you one thing about refund as most of us got already deferred from our first intakes our colleges won’t refund our full fees until we get a refusal and even in case of refusal we are gonna loose around 4K to 5k CAD. If they provide an option that they will return my every single penny back in case i withdraw my application then I would do it today man and will apply to UK tomorrow only for a better life and a better future.
I do agree that processing has not been done well. People should not have been encouraged to start their studies before full approval. Unfortunately many also didn't want to wait a semester to ensure they wouldn't lose any money. I have seen some who have started studying without even receiving AIP although they weren't supposed to. They then got refused but a month had already passed. Both the government and some students are not always making the best decisions.

Reactions: Petita
Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Nobody is forcing you to study in Canada. First of all there are plenty of international students who applied and are receiving CERB even if they are earning nore than they would be if they worked part-time and the majority of Canadians are still working. CERB isn't "free money". Canadians will be paying back all this spending for decades. Your tuition fees go to the school foe operation costs not to the federal government so nobody in Canada is receiving your tuition. Canadian students are also paying quite high fees and their parents have paid very high taxes for decades and many are also receiving the same online education you are. It is a sacrifice we have to make due to covid. Some have also had to make the decision to defer their education if they want to study in person. There are many schools across the world who are doing online learning. Canada is not the only country. Getting PR is never easy but studying, getting PGWP and qualifying for PR via CEC or other program isn't what I would qualify as difficult or there wouldn't be a large amount of people qualifying for PR via this pathway every year. If Canada was misleading so many international students there wouldn't be hundreds of thousanda of students arriving in Canada every year.
I appreciate what you say, their policies are always student friendly. But closing VACs center are no longer acceptable as all the other countries resume their operations and the people who work in VAC are local and like other people they can take biometric and capture our photos in limited number without getting them affected.

All of us gave medical, if medical center can operate why not VAC. The students are triggering that point. Plus, you have to consider the socio-economic conditions of India and Bangladesh. Not all of us are rich, our parents invest their whole life savings just see to us successful. So, delaying a decision for so long creates natural frustration to the students.

Hope you understand the context.

Last edited:

Reddy2020

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Nobody is forcing you to study in Canada. First of all there are plenty of international students who applied and are receiving CERB even if they are earning nore than they would be if they worked part-time and the majority of Canadians are still working. CERB isn't "free money". Canadians will be paying back all this spending for decades. Your tuition fees go to the school foe operation costs not to the federal government so nobody in Canada is receiving your tuition. Canadian students are also paying quite high fees and their parents have paid very high taxes for decades and many are also receiving the same online education you are. It is a sacrifice we have to make due to covid. Some have also had to make the decision to defer their education if they want to study in person. There are many schools across the world who are doing online learning. Canada is not the only country. Getting PR is never easy but studying, getting PGWP and qualifying for PR via CEC or other program isn't what I would qualify as difficult or there wouldn't be a large amount of people qualifying for PR via this pathway every year. If Canada was misleading so many international students there wouldn't be hundreds of thousanda of students arriving in Canada every year.
To the wonderful person who says international students doesn't contribute to economy,
please check the below link to know the contribution of international students towards Canadian economy

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/02/642000-international-students-canada-now-ranks-3rd-globally-in-foreign-student-attraction-0213763.html#gs.ipva4w

In 2019 alone they added 22 billion dollars to the economy

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
To the wonderful person who says international students doesn't contribute to economy,
please check the below link to know the contribution of international students towards Canadian economy

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/02/642000-international-students-canada-now-ranks-3rd-globally-in-foreign-student-attraction-0213763.html#gs.ipva4w

And the points is...? Canada's GDP for 2019 was 1.741 Trillion. That makes that 22 Billion less then 3% of total economy.

Jul 2, 2020
Category........
STUDY

It's simple math bro. You pay your money through bank, their is even tax in conversation rate. International students also pay taxes to the Canadian government from the earnings of their work. Canadian universities would need to closed completely without international students as around 30 percent of University funding comes from International Students tutio

We both need us. Canada need us as much as we need Canada. Today's USA is the super power, and it's because of the immigrants. Both the land of Canada and USA were the colonies of France and UK. Historically these two countries were the land of immigrants and people with ambition from all of the world build these nations. Canada will someday a super power too. It's only possible when they take potential immigrants.
And the points is...? Canada's GDP for 2019 was 1.741 Trillion. That makes that 22 Billion less then 3% of total economy.
Still it is 22 billion and this matters. you don't see the bigger picture mate. These students are skilled immigrants and you need skilled manpower for national building.

Your economy will collapse if you don't have future plan. These students are the investment and in future they will make Canada great with their innovations and endeavours.

For your kind information, GDP is not the ideal indicator of a country's growth and development.

Bottom line is, in the realist world nothing comes through charity as charity itself for a purpose. Both Canada and international students need each other.

Hope you never become a policy maker.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5678 and Mdurra

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
It's simple math bro. You pay your money through bank, their is even tax in conversation rate. International students also pay taxes to the Canadian government from the earnings of their work. Canadian universities would need to closed completely without international students as around 30 percent of University funding comes from International Students tutio

We both need us. Canada need us as much as we need Canada. Today's USA is the super power, and it's because of the immigrants. Both the land of Canada and USA were the colonies of France and UK. Historically these two countries were the land of immigrants and people with ambition from all of the world build these nations. Canada will someday a super power too. It's only possible when they take potential immigrants.

Still it is 22 billion and this matters. you don't see the bigger picture mate. These students are skilled immigrants and you need skilled manpower for national building. Canada is bigger than USA but why USA is superpower and Canada is not? Why USA even a supper power?

Both of these countries were historically a land of immigrants and they were the colonies of UK and France. The immigrants build these two nations. USA took lots of immigrants through their various programs because they needed manpower to make US great..

Your economy will collapse if you don't have future plan. These students are the investment and in future they will make Canada great with their innovations and endeavours.

For your kind example, GDP is not the ideal indicator of a country's growth and development.

Bottom line is, in the realist world nothing comes through charity as charity itself for a purpose. Both Canada and international students need each other.

Hope you never become a policy maker.
What are you going on about mate? If you search that 22 Billion keyword in this forum, you'll get like 20 posts quoting that .. hence my reply to commenter.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
The offices are open in Canada. The rates in India are still very high and the Canadian staff returned to Canada so they must return to India before offices open again.
Oh... didn't know that VAC s in India required Canadian officials within the country. I thought the whole thing is outsourced to VFS Global without the need of embassy officials having to the work from within the country. I could be totally wrong. Please correct me if I am.

Also.. any news about November reopening chances for VAC in India ? I am guessing they are very slim to none... Unless a decision has been taken to start reducing the overhead number of applications already in queue.