+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VACCINE PASSPORT INDIA????

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So not official yet then? I'm not sure if a DLI has the power to require this? I won't be surprised if countries start mandating vaccines though...
Some universities like Western have announced that those living in residence have to have at least the first dose. The Middlesex Health Unit has approved it. This is not for attending classes but the school states that the policy may change.

shinoyvj

Star Member
May 21, 2021
Canada
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
01-03-2021
Med's Request
09-03-2021
Med's Done....
16-01-2021
These are the recommendation submitted to Canada border agency.

Not implemented yet, could be implemented in future. This is a part of the document.
  • For unvaccinated non-exempt travellers:
    • pre-departure polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test within 72 hours of departure or an authorized rapid antigen test within 24 hours of departure
    • PCR test on arrival at the border testing station or the quarantine location (for land border crossing, a home-sampling kit may be used)
    • travellers with a negative PCR test result taken at day 7 of quarantine to be permitted to leave quarantine, those with a positive result to isolate according to public health guidance and those who do not take a day 7 test to complete 14 days of quarantine
  • For partially vaccinated non-exempt travellers:
    • pre-departure PCR test within 72 hours of departure or an authorized rapid antigen test within 24 hours of departure
    • PCR test on arrival at the border testing station or the quarantine location (for land border crossing, a home-sampling kit may be used)
    • travellers with a negative PCR test taken on arrival to be permitted to leave quarantine and those with a positive result to isolate according to public health guidance
  • For fully vaccinated non-exempt travellers:
    • acceptable proof, as defined by the Government of Canada, of authorized vaccination and that sufficient time has passed after the final dose in the vaccine series
    • no pre-departure test, quarantine requirement or day 7 test
    • for surveillance purposes, PCR test on arrival at the border testing station (for land border crossing, a home-sampling kit may be used)
  • For travellers with proof of previously resolved infection (more than 14 days but less than 180 days before the travel day):
    • acceptable proof, as defined by the Government of Canada, of infection within this time period
    • travellers with a negative PCR test taken on arrival to be permitted to leave quarantine and those with a positive result to continue to isolate according to public health guidance.
  • For all exempt travellers:
    • voluntary arrival testing using lab-based PCR or rapid tests with sample collection completed away from the border (ideally implemented to allow for robust surveillance, to provide information on further potential recommendations for this group)

surbhi_m

Mar 6, 2021
If you read the recent recommendation by the federal panel, they recommend a 7 day quarantine for unvaccinated travelers. Hopefully the federal government will follow these recommendations instead of an outright ban.
How did you get your passport picked up on June 7 2021? VFS centres are closed in India

Shadow_Man

Dec 7, 2019
India
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23/04/2021
Med's Done....
23-11-2020
Passport Req..
24-07-2021
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2021
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/majority-of-canadians-against-students-returning-to-in-person-learning-without-vaccination-survey-1.5467203
There is that and I believe the Canadian govt takes action by considering public interest. So it can get mandated. If you have no medical condition that prevents you from taking vaccines then I agree that govt should mandate this as a law. As others said here, you have the right to take vaccines or not but, you does not have the right to risk others life.

itsmecan

Jun 10, 2021
Hi.

My visa has been approved. I will be travelling to Canada in August 2021. (from India)

Is it okay if I don't get vaccinated prior to my travel?

I know vaccine is imperative and effective but I genuinely do not intend to get vaccinated. (pls don't be mean)

Is it possible that authorities will only let vaccinated people enter Canadia?
Lot of countries slowly are adopting a policy to have more freedom of movement for vaccinated people. Sooner or later this will start coming in effect all around the globe including Canada. I understand people may not want to do it for personal choice but there will be quite some restrictions for non vaccinated individual in coming months.

Reactions: scylla

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
This is the calm before the storm, they know people are going to swarm in for Fall intake and they will roll out new rules soon. Stay tuned!

arhue

Star Member
Aug 17, 2020
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
I know vaccine is imperative and effective but I genuinely do not intend to get vaccinated. (pls don't be mean)

Is it possible that authorities will only let vaccinated people enter Canadia?
I think they will make it quarantine for non-vaccinated, no quarantine for vaccinated. No reason to believe they will ban non-vaccinated travel. Vaccination(or not) is a personal choice. I wish they recognised Covaxin as well as it seems to less intrusive than viral vector/mRNA.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I think they will make it quarantine for non-vaccinated, no quarantine for vaccinated. No reason to believe they will ban non-vaccinated travel. Vaccination(or not) is a personal choice. I wish they recognised Covaxin as well as it seems to less intrusive than viral vector/mRNA.
I think that will apply to Citizens and Permanent Resident who refuses to vaccinate but even though vaccines is personal choice, they can have that as requirment before boarding flight for Canada for temporary resident/visitors. Same as proof of yellow fever vaccine from 25 countries.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a situation where my medical will expire on 11 July and I was planning to travel in first week of August. Can I go for medical even before my previous medical is not expired. Also how much time does it take to update new medical. I am from India. Thanx

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
Hello everyone,

I have a situation where my medical will expire on 11 July and I was planning to travel in first week of August. Can I go for medical even before my previous medical is not expired. Also how much time does it take to update new medical. I am from India. Thanx
Currently upfront medicals are closed in India. So unless you received another medical request letter, you can't do a medical test right now.

Sinper

Star Member
Dec 14, 2020
Currently upfront medicals are closed in India. So unless you received another medical request letter, you can't do a medical test right now.
Thanx for the reply
I got a mail from ircc only that my medical is expiring on 11 July.
Any update on when it is going to open?
Also, how much time will it take to update in gckey account?

Mushiss

Apr 20, 2021
Thanx for the reply
I got a mail from ircc only that my medical is expiring on 11 July.
Any update on when it is going to open?
Also, how much time will it take to update in gckey account?
I am in the same boat. My medicals will expire on 3rd week of July.