+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VACCINE PASSPORT INDIA????

rahul10

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
Hi.

My visa has been approved. I will be travelling to Canada in August 2021. (from India)

Is it okay if I don't get vaccinated prior to my travel?

I know vaccine is imperative and effective but I genuinely do not intend to get vaccinated. (pls don't be mean)

Is it possible that authorities will only let vaccinated people enter Canadia?

Rafaelhag43

May 6, 2021
If you read the recent recommendation by the federal panel, they recommend a 7 day quarantine for unvaccinated travelers. Hopefully the federal government will follow these recommendations instead of an outright ban.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you read the recent recommendation by the federal panel, they recommend a 7 day quarantine for unvaccinated travelers. Hopefully the federal government will follow these recommendations instead of an outright ban.
A federal panel means nothing. Government rarely take all or any of the recommendations and apply them.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Is there an official source for this information you shared?
Yes, I was told this by University's international office in webinar last week. My Univ. is going to have hybrid classes, so they clearly said that not getting vaccinated in your choice but risking someone is not, so as long as hybrid classes are there, you can attend it from home.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hi.

My visa has been approved. I will be travelling to Canada in August 2021. (from India)

Is it okay if I don't get vaccinated prior to my travel?

I know vaccine is imperative and effective but I genuinely do not intend to get vaccinated. (pls don't be mean)

Is it possible that authorities will only let vaccinated people enter Canadia?
Not being mean, but there's something called "greater good". There are people who CANNOT get vaccinated due to compromised immune, allergies etc. Then there are those who WOULD NOT get vaccinated simply by personal conviction. That is an individual prerogative and everyone has a right to choose what they want to do. However, such people constitutes danger to the lives and health especially of people who fall in the first category.

That's why some govt might opt to mandate this vaccine soon. Perhaps, it's better if people who fall into the 2nd category simply stayed in their current location and not pose a risk to other people.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Yes, I was told this by University's international office in webinar last week. My Univ. is going to have hybrid classes, so they clearly said that not getting vaccinated in your choice but risking someone is not, so as long as hybrid classes are there, you can attend it from home.
Share the link from your school website.

imisstraveling

Feb 11, 2021
Not being mean, but there's something called "greater good". There are people who CANNOT get vaccinated due to compromised immune, allergies etc. Then there are those who WOULD NOT get vaccinated simply by personal conviction. That is an individual prerogative and everyone has a right to choose what they want to do. However, such people constitutes danger to the lives and health especially of people who fall in the first category.

That's why some govt might opt to mandate this vaccine soon. Perhaps, it's better if people who fall into the 2nd category simply stayed in their current location and not pose a risk to other people.
Exactly. As US officials said, anti vaxers can party from home. On a personal note, I would not prefer to fly or attend class with someone who is deliberately not willing to get vaccinated. Of course that person had every right to not to get vaccinated but then then they dont have right to risk others lives.

Reactions: wonderbly

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
My question to OP (and others in the same position) is: If vaccine passport was a requirement for study permit approval, would you still have applied?

Bluejayscardinals

Star Member
Oct 21, 2020
They are basically "strongly" encouraging everyone to get vaccinated -- for obvious reasons. Places like WesternU and TrentU already said if you want to be in residence you need to get a vaccine before coming or in the first 14 days you are here. I expect more will follow suit. Honestly, if you don't want to get a vaccine when Canadians have sacrificed so much and are giving you the chance to study here you should have a really good medical reason. And let's face it, to have a proper university experience and socialize and have fun it just makes a lot of sense to protect yourself.