+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using job offer letter for ICT WP Extension as proof of LMIA exempt for PR

nsasidharan

Feb 24, 2016
Hi,

Did anyone reached to lawyer and received confirmation on Intra company transfer conditions.
I am also in the same scenario in which I have work permit until 2018, can I be able to claim the extra 50 points in the case..

Also do we have a format for Letter of Explanation...

Thanks!

vishal_t

Aug 12, 2015
nsasidharan said:
Hi,

Did anyone reached to lawyer and received confirmation on Intra company transfer conditions.
I am also in the same scenario in which I have work permit until 2018, can I be able to claim the extra 50 points in the case..

Also do we have a format for Letter of Explanation...

Thanks!
As per CIC website : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

A work permit on its own is not a job offer, even if it is an open work permit.

nsasidharan

Feb 24, 2016
Hi,

I am having a offer made few years back and the extension letter for the same which is matching with my work permit.
Also I am currently working in Canada....
So it it fine for me to claim the extra 50 points along with Letter Of Explanation...

Thanks!

LogicalThinking

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2017
Med's Done....
03-Mar-2017
Passport Req..
01-May-2017
Anyone got the approval after submitting ICT WP extension offer letter.

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
I know its repetitive question, but still, is any one successful in utilizing 50 points? with out employer providing offer letter??

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
fusedpat said:
I know its repetitive question, but still, is any one successful in utilizing 50 points? with out employer providing offer letter??
Refer to this thread mate.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anyone-got-ppr-who-applied-with-50-additional-point-ict-cec-inland-t481071.0.html

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
did any of you guys, ICT LMIA-exempt closed-workpermit, get the 50 points for valid job offer? This thread is from April so maybe there are some happy endings that you can share.
does any of you have a sample or template for the explanation letter? That would be very useful as well.
Thanks in advance.

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
Correct, whether it is LMIA or ICT the requirements are the same for a valid job offer.

"A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp
=================================================================
Dear Senor Members,

I am going crazy over this line .
"
for work that is:
"

What does it mean when it says after we issue your permanent visa.? ?? .

My situation :
I work for an MNC and they are going to send me to Canada on a Work Permit to work for a Canadian client and they will provide me an Offer letter also.This should be a paid , full time work(with atleast 30 hours a week). Lets say in the Offer Letter assignment duration is mentioned for 2 years with possible extension.

Now my question is can I immediately upload this offer letter in my express entry profile to claim 50 additional points.??
NOTE: I do not have PR but I have submitted my profile in express entry and have not got an ITA yet due to shortage of points. I was hoping
to boost my CRS score with 50 additional points with this offer letter. Is it possible to say yes that I have a valid job offer to that question.? Someone please advise . This is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Prashath

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
=================================================================
Dear Senor Members,

I am going crazy over this line .
"
for work that is:
"

What does it mean when it says after we issue your permanent visa.? ?? .

My situation :
I work for an MNC and they are going to send me to Canada on a Work Permit to work for a Canadian client and they will provide me an Offer letter also.This should be a paid , full time work(with atleast 30 hours a week). Lets say in the Offer Letter assignment duration is mentioned for 2 years with possible extension.

Now my question is can I immediately upload this offer letter in my express entry profile to claim 50 additional points.??
NOTE: I do not have PR but I have submitted my profile in express entry and have not got an ITA yet due to shortage of points. I was hoping
to boost my CRS score with 50 additional points with this offer letter. Is it possible to say yes that I have a valid job offer to that question.? Someone please advise . This is driving me crazy.

Thanks
Prashath
You must work for your employer for a year on your ITC (employer specific) work permit before even thinking on claiming those points.

Reactions: scylla

prshanthk

Apr 13, 2017
You must work for your employer for a year on your ITC (employer specific) work permit before even thinking on claiming those points.
Thanks DelPiero. So after 1 year I can add 50 additional points right?

That will also work for me as I understand that I can get additional points for 1 year for Canadian experience + 50 points for the offer letter.
Could you pls advice if my understanding is correct.

Raising Star

Jun 21, 2018
I am currently working as a intercompany transfer under specialized knowledge skills for the past 8 months. I will be completely 1 year in another 4 months. My employer has submitted for the work permit extension for another 2 years. Since it is a intercompany transfer my salary is being processed by my parent company in India (slary gets credited in India account) and I don't have proof for employment except for the T4. Regarding the 50 points for job offer I don't have the offer letter because in our company they don't provide offer letter but I have the letter which they submitted for my work permit extension which was addressed by employer to CIC. The letter had mentioned that they need my services for another 2 years and has mention about my job responsibilities. It also mentions my salary is being remunerated by parent company in India and company in Canada is kind of subsidiary of a global company. The letter doesn't have salary details and the work hours.

How to get around and get this50 points because without this I wont this points I will not get ITA. Is there are alternatives ? Do the Visa officer go for compaliance line by line in the website in a single document or they will be able to co-relate information in multiple document? My employer will not give offer letter is there any other letter or alternate which I can try from my employer

Nov 27, 2020
Hi All,

As per the revised policy for the Express Entry, if we do have a job offer letter for next one more year for ICT Workpermit (LMIA exempt class) we can get additional points.
As per my company policy I'm not going to get a valid job offer letter to prove the same.
But I do have the job offer letter for ICT WP extension, where the company explains everything including the extension for next 24 more months.

Can I use this offer letter to prove that my company is willing to give me job for next 24 more months and there by get additional points for PR?

Please advice,
Did you submit your application with job offer letter for ICT WP extension? Can you please share your experience.