+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Using an LMIA issued by Global Talent Stream program in EE profile

thiagopri

Apr 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've been working in the same company for two years under an open work permit. Recently, this employer got a positive LMIA for me through the Global Talent Stream program. Now, that I got the LMIA letter, my question is:

Since my open work permit is still valid, can I use this LMIA number on my EE to get 50 extra points right the way? OR do I have to first apply for a "closed" work permit within my employer and then use the number on EE?

Thanks a lot.

sandymadis

Jul 19, 2018
Hi everyone,

I've been working in the same company for two years under an open work permit. Recently, this employer got a positive LMIA for me through the Global Talent Stream program. Now, that I got the LMIA letter, my question is:

Since my open work permit is still valid, can I use this LMIA number on my EE to get 50 extra points right the way? OR do I have to first apply for a "closed" work permit within my employer and then use the number on EE?

Thanks a lot.
Hi thiagopri,

I also have a query on faster work permit processing under Global Talent Stream.
"The positive LMIA received towards Global Talent Stream Work Permit can be used in the express entry application to receive additional 50 points?".

I tried looking for answers on different forums but can't find a concrete answer. However, I have read at some places that positive LMIA received under this program may not work with express entry. Would be grateful if you/someone has any kind of information on this topic.

Thanks!