+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Useless GCMS notes?

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Angry at how slowly my app went (3.5 months instead of the expected 11 days), as well as the short period (approved only for like 6 months), we ordered the notes. They came late of course (because IRCC, duh)

Nothing useful. Over 50 pages of just status updates & lines saying status: system error etc. Most status blocks do not even have dates

How does one read those? What should I look for?

We are specifically looking for what took so long to approve and why it was approved for only such a short while.

Anyone familiar with the topic or can shed light on what we should look for?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Angry at how slowly my app went (3.5 months instead of the expected 11 days), as well as the short period (approved only for like 6 months), we ordered the notes. They came late of course (because IRCC, duh)

Nothing useful. Over 50 pages of just status updates & lines saying status: system error etc. Most status blocks do not even have dates

How does one read those? What should I look for?

We are specifically looking for what took so long to approve and why it was approved for only such a short while.

Anyone familiar with the topic or can shed light on what we should look for?
In your case, you would need to figure the actual processing time for the internal/external activities (for example, the different checks)

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
In your case, you would need to figure the actual processing time for the internal/external activities (for example, the different checks)
Sorry for the late reply. Extenuating circumstances..

@bellaluna, you're spot on. Buried within notes, found out this PRECIOUS line 2 months in, proving they were the ones in the wrong after all:

"Biometrics results not received to date due to GCMS system glitch. New bio request letter resent this date. Satisfied to issue pending receipt of bio resutls."

A bit later, this from Ottawa, apparently sent to the officer handing

"This error cannot be fixed. Please do not resubmit the info request and continue with processing the application". over 2 months in!!

Nothing about the short duration. However. Given that the date is peculiar (not sharing details for anonymity) I can bet my a$$ it's because their stupid system couldn't handle a parallel document.

The people we have to deal with :mad: :mad: :mad: