+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476)" along with study permit application?

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hello Guys,

I would like to know that whether its necessary to include "Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476)" along with study permit application?

I am applying under University Category for student visa and my representative is ICCRC authorized. I know its not mandatory to include this form but whether it makes my application more stronger if I include the same?

Kindly assist :)

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
If you used a representative (paid or unpaid) it is mandatory to send the 5476 form. It says "if applicable" because if you did it 100% yourself then you don't need it.

I would question your representative if they say the form is not required.

adityakulkarni1990

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Yes I have used them (unpaid). All the university updates was also routed via them
What will you suggest to include 5476 in this case? BTW they are ICCRC authorized.

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Fill out section A, B & D.

For question 6, check the third box ("your representative is UNCOMPENSATED and is a ... member of the ... ICCRC"). The representative should have their firm/contact information for question 7.

Mandatory means you MUST submit this form as you are using a representative. In general, the representative should fill out most of the details for you and just have you sign at the bottom; they use these forms for every single one of their clients.

copypaper

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
If you are NOMINATING a representative, fill out fields A, B, & D. If this is hard for you, ask your representative to help you. Good luck :)