+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA to CAN: FBI fingerprints taking forever??

SnL

Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my prints back in october or november, and at the time there was supposedly a very long wait time due to a change in computer systems or something. I heard back in january as they needed me to resend them payment information, but that was the last communication I got.

Any clue as to why it's taking so long? Is there a way that I can contact somebody to ask about the status of my request? I have NO idea what to do, and I don't want to keep wasting time and money sending more fingerprints.

Help :\

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you in Canada and how did you get the fingerprint done? I'm in the same situation of getting it done but I'm clueless as to where and how to go about it

SnL

Aug 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not in Canada-- sending your fingerprints to the FBI for a background check if you are coming from the US is the first step for immigration. Because I don't have them yet, I can't even begin to submit anything to CIC.

I was going to link you to the page that had detailed information about this, but I'm not allowed to post links. Just google "CIC police certificate USA". It's the first result.

You can go anyplace where they take ink and card prints. Some notaries will be able to do this, for instance. Electronic prints, LiveScan, isn't allowed.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SnL said:
I am not in Canada-- sending your fingerprints to the FBI for a background check if you are coming from the US is the first step for immigration. Because I don't have them yet, I can't even begin to submit anything to CIC.

I was going to link you to the page that had detailed information about this, but I'm not allowed to post links. Just google "CIC police certificate USA". It's the first result.

You can go anyplace where they take ink and card prints. Some notaries will be able to do this, for instance. Electronic prints, LiveScan, isn't allowed.
Okay. Thanks...that's quite helpful

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
SnL said:
I submitted my prints back in october or november, and at the time there was supposedly a very long wait time due to a change in computer systems or something. I heard back in january as they needed me to resend them payment information, but that was the last communication I got.

Any clue as to why it's taking so long? Is there a way that I can contact somebody to ask about the status of my request? I have NO idea what to do, and I don't want to keep wasting time and money sending more fingerprints.

Help :\
according to those waiting for fbi reports in the family sponsorship thread, it seems FBI is currently processing requests from November. It's taking about 16 weeks for the prints to be completed, so if you resent it in jan, i'm afraid you still have time to wait.

what stream are you applying through? For family class sponsorship, CIC is now allowing chaneller reports because of the backlog at the FBI. I would recommend double checking your application package/guide for any updates about this for your stream.

good luck!

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhcohen2014 said:
For family class sponsorship, CIC is now allowing chaneller reports because of the backlog at the FBI. I would recommend double checking your application package/guide for any updates about this for your stream.

good luck!
Could you please explain further on this and how can one go about it? And is there any confirmation CIC will accept this as an alternative? If CIC is aware of the backlog why should they still insist on this and giving 3 months deadline to applicants to get it done?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PTJ said:
Could you please explain further on this and how can one go about it? And is there any confirmation CIC will accept this as an alternative? If CIC is aware of the backlog why should they still insist on this and giving 3 months deadline to applicants to get it done?
again, you need to check your specific stream of immigration. for family class sponsorship, it is confirmed CIC will accept channeler reports (there are many thread dedidated to this topic). If you are applying through family class pr, then you will want to look at the Family Class sponsorship board on this forum instead of continuing to ask questions on this board. I suspect this is written on the website/country specific guide for the specific immigration stream. My recommendation is to go to the CIC website and do some research in your immigration stream guidelines for updates on this matter.

Johnny31

VIP Member
Dec 25, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PTJ said:
Are you in Canada and how did you get the fingerprint done? I'm in the same situation of getting it done but I'm clueless as to where and how to go about it
Where are you? in Canada?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
PTJ said:
bad news, it looks as though CIC made another update and now CIC is NOT accepting chaneller reports. no one really knows why it went from yes to no in a very short amount of time.

good luck!