+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

USA Spouse Living in Canada Application (Family Class/Outland)

hans106

Jan 10, 2019
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank this great community for the weatlth of information that is provided here. I have learned a lot. I am looking for some advice and would like your thoughts.

My wife is an American citizen, born in US to an American mother, and spent her early child hood there. For her university she studied in Egypt, and worked there for a few years after (Age 17 to 28). She is 30 now. This is of course reflected in her Schedule A. From the checklist I understand that I will need an Egyptian Police Certificate along with an American one. We already have the American one, but the Egyptian one was requested, but will take 3 months to arrive!

My wife is already here living with me in Canada (visitor status), and the plan is to apply outland/family class while living in Canada, as this is the quickest way for US citizens from what I have read in the forums. She is in no rush to work, but we really need to get her OHIP/health coverage as soon as possible, the only thing missing is the Egyptian police certificate.

Keeping in mind that I want to get her application going asap to get her an ohip card, and the fact that apparently you can get one before you get the PR if the application has gone through up to a certain stage, what options from the three below would you recommend:

1. Submit the application and hope that I don't actually need the Egyptian police certificate, this would have three possible outcomes:
a) reviewer decides I don't need and it will proceed through (this is the ideal scenario)
b) reviewer decides I need it and will request it (I can then send it, as it would have arrived by that time)
c) reviewer decides I need it, and returns application as incomplete (perhaps delaying/flagging my application)

2. Submit the application with a note explaining that I have requested the Egyptian police certificate, and attach the receipt.
a) reviwer will understand and will process my application as much as possible until I send police certificate in
b) reviewer won't care and just sends it back as incomplete further delaying it or flagging it.

3. Wait till the police certificate comes in and send the package complete.

So what you what would you guys suggest? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Police certificates
The principal applicant and each family member 18 or older (who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents), must submit police certificates from the following country or countries with the application:
  • Current country of residence if you (or they) have lived there for six months or more.
    and
  • The country where you (or they) resided for most of your (or their) life since the age of 18

i would include the PCC from Egypt to avoid any delays

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello Everyone,

First I would like to thank this great community for the weatlth of information that is provided here. I have learned a lot. I am looking for some advice and would like your thoughts.

My wife is an American citizen, born in US to an American mother, and spent her early child hood there. For her university she studied in Egypt, and worked there for a few years after (Age 17 to 28). She is 30 now. This is of course reflected in her Schedule A. From the checklist I understand that I will need an Egyptian Police Certificate along with an American one. We already have the American one, but the Egyptian one was requested, but will take 3 months to arrive!

My wife is already here living with me in Canada (visitor status), and the plan is to apply outland/family class while living in Canada, as this is the quickest way for US citizens from what I have read in the forums. She is in no rush to work, but we really need to get her OHIP/health coverage as soon as possible, the only thing missing is the Egyptian police certificate.

Keeping in mind that I want to get her application going asap to get her an ohip card, and the fact that apparently you can get one before you get the PR if the application has gone through up to a certain stage, what options from the three below would you recommend:

1. Submit the application and hope that I don't actually need the Egyptian police certificate, this would have three possible outcomes:
a) reviewer decides I don't need and it will proceed through (this is the ideal scenario)
b) reviewer decides I need it and will request it (I can then send it, as it would have arrived by that time)
c) reviewer decides I need it, and returns application as incomplete (perhaps delaying/flagging my application)

2. Submit the application with a note explaining that I have requested the Egyptian police certificate, and attach the receipt.
a) reviwer will understand and will process my application as much as possible until I send police certificate in
b) reviewer won't care and just sends it back as incomplete further delaying it or flagging it.

3. Wait till the police certificate comes in and send the package complete.

So what you what would you guys suggest? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi

Expect the app to be returned if you apply without the Egyptian PCC.

hans106

Jan 10, 2019
Hi

Expect the app to be returned if you apply without the Egyptian PCC.
What do you think will happen if I include the receipt and a note explaining that it will take up to three months, and that I sent in the application to expedite the process?

hans106

Jan 10, 2019
Any other thoughts? Has anyone had any experience with an American citizen application returned because of a missing PCC from a country they stayed in for a long period of time?

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
I don't see the benefit in sending it in now. Is there no expedited process you could use for the Egyptian certificate? You'd think they'd be eager to get more money if possible, as is usually the case with government entities.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What do you think will happen if I include the receipt and a note explaining that it will take up to three months, and that I sent in the application to expedite the process?
Expect it to be returned. You would be submitting an incomplete app, regardless of what receipt/note you submit.

Any other thoughts? Has anyone had any experience with an American citizen application returned because of a missing PCC from a country they stayed in for a long period of time?
Many people have had apps returned for not including PCCs. Being American has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: kcward7