+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Hi I have my appointment for US visa in May, I applied for PR and still in process, but in my DS160 I selected that I'm permanent resident in Canada, does that effect if I dont show them my PR card? I have the letter from immigration that my application is in process. my second question is that do they issue Visa for RTD? My brother and my mum live in US. and I want to visit them.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi I have my appointment for US visa in May, I applied for PR and still in process, but in my DS160 I selected that I'm permanent resident in Canada, does that effect if I dont show them my PR card? I have the letter from immigration that my application is in process. my second question is that do they issue Visa for RTD? My brother and my mum live in US. and I want to visit them.
1. You shouldnt indicate you are permanent resident on DS-160 while you are not. During your interview they will ask for proof of PR (PR card) when you check in
2. They issue visa on RTD once approved

Shenick77

Jun 8, 2020
did my US visa recently ( November 2022) I got approved for the visa. My PR is processing so I told them my status is protective person. I provided all document as it relates to status, NOD, PR processing letter, Work permit and job letter. 15 minutes or less process. Don’t lie you will get denied, if you get denied will be harder to get a visa in the future.

Reactions: MM24

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
did my US visa recently ( November 2022) I got approved for the visa. My PR is processing so I told them my status is protective person. I provided all document as it relates to status, NOD, PR processing letter, Work permit and job letter. 15 minutes or less process. Don’t lie you will get denied, if you get denied will be harder to get a visa in the future.
thank you for your reply, did you mention in your DS 160 form that you are PR or you didnt mention it at all. I wont lie, my intention mentioning PR was because the first appointment i found was next year so I thought by then I will have my PR. but I managed to reschedule. so now I do not know what to say. I will take my documents for sure so they can understand that I dont have my PR yet. but I already mentioned something otherwise in my DS form. would it be a problem?

Shenick77

Jun 8, 2020
thank you for your reply, did you mention in your DS 160 form that you are PR or you didnt mention it at all. I wont lie, my intention mentioning PR was because the first appointment i found was next year so I thought by then I will have my PR. but I managed to reschedule. so now I do not know what to say. I will take my documents for sure so they can understand that I dont have my PR yet. but I already mentioned something otherwise in my DS form. would it be a problem?
I did not mention it in my PR pending application in the DS160 form. My suggestion if you can edit the form try to do so to reflect your actual status. It would have been best to fill out the form with your with current status, if you was grated PR by the time of your appointment you could have just explain your updated status to the officer. Having miss leading information will create a problem for you.

best of luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Contact asap and change the info to the direct status which would be protected person.

marslan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2018
I have applied for my US B-1 Visa and got confirmation but there’s no option of paying fee amd i can’t find how to pay fee and book appointment, can anyone help?

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Thank you so much. Do you know why there’s nothing available to book a date for visa interview at Calgary? I filled Calgary in my initial DS-160 form and now there’s no available date!!
I have no idea actually. I had visa and us consulate in Ankara cancelled my visa after my refugee claim.
I applied again in Toronto. I was eligible for interview waiver program. (Visa renewal without interview). I sent documents and they send to me back. They asked for interview. I got appointment in a week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much. Do you know why there’s nothing available to book a date for visa interview at Calgary? I filled Calgary in my initial DS-160 form and now there’s no available date!!
Is there no date available or no ability to book at all? They either have a long wait list for interviews which has been the case or they have stopped doing interviews in Calgary if there are no wait to book and no visible interview appointments. Waitlists for IS interviews are over a year in Canada and other parts of the world. You can look for cancellations.

dsthapak

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
Hello everyone
I filled the ds160 form (visitor back in 2019dec) covid happened, they rescheduled it den I rescheduled twice after that..now I have an appointment that I am attending next week but my status has changed from being on work permit to that of PR in canada..do I need to update my ds160 form by creating a new one?.

Kimob

Jan 3, 2022
Toronto
Hello everyone
I filled the ds160 form (visitor back in 2019dec) covid happened, they rescheduled it den I rescheduled twice after that..now I have an appointment that I am attending next week but my status has changed from being on work permit to that of PR in canada..do I need to update my ds160 form by creating a new one?.
Yes I would say get a new confirmation page, and bring the old one with you as well.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello folks,

My mother has 10 years visitor visa of canada. She came last year and went back to pakistan. Now i am planning to call her again but I want her to have a US visa too. My sister is US citizen and I am canadian citizen. I alongwith my family frequently visit my sister atleast once a month. This time i want my mother to accompany me as well. I was wondering what would be best procedure to apply for her, whether should I use all my documents i.e pay checks, bank statement etc or i should have my sister use it. Or else I can write simple explanation letter stating that she will be visiting my sister with me and will come back with me too. Please suggest the best option.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
Hello folks,

My mother has 10 years visitor visa of canada. She came last year and went back to pakistan. Now i am planning to call her again but I want her to have a US visa too. My sister is US citizen and I am canadian citizen. I alongwith my family frequently visit my sister atleast once a month. This time i want my mother to accompany me as well. I was wondering what would be best procedure to apply for her, whether should I use all my documents i.e pay checks, bank statement etc or i should have my sister use it. Or else I can write simple explanation letter stating that she will be visiting my sister with me and will come back with me too. Please suggest the best option.