+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa refused, so want to visit Canada on Travel Visa.. Please Help

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people,

I'm an Indian and reside in Mumbai. I met this wonderful man on Linkedin.com while we were professionally networking and we fell in love!
Then we decided that I would go on a Business trip to USA as our work was consistent with each other skills and then marry.
So...

1. I had applied for USA on B1 category earlier this April and was refused - Reason being "Unable to establish strong ties in Home country" (214B)

2. Then we figured that it is fairly easier to enter USA on F1 Visa, so He sponsored for an useful degree for me and I applied for F1 Visa the following July.. Guess what? Refused and again with 214B!!

3. Not that easy to give up, so reapplied the following August, only this time in Chennai consulate on F1 Visa to check if any stroke of luck or miracle occurred. A big NO - Refused with 214B!!!

Totally disappointed and upset with USA VO/immigration process and not to mention money and time spent!!

Yet again folks.. Not giving up! So now I've made up my mind to get to USA somehow anyhow.

Here goes my plan and questions follow:

I plan on a travel visit to Canada, then find an employer. Apply for work permit while in Canada.
(Either I find an employer or my guy will set up a subsidiary of his company in Canada and hire me, thus enabling me to work legally)
Is this a good plan?

As soon as I am on work permit, I'd like to go ahead and apply for PR. I read through CIC and figured that PR if applied from within Canada will be approved in 50 days! So this is good news!
Please advise if this is correct and accurate?

Being a PR I can safely go to USA anytime. [True/Success?]

For the record: I am a 36 year old single mother and have my mom and daughter dependent on me in Mumbai.
I am also small business owner of a Training and consulting company in Mumbai.
I'm not all that rich to show lot of bank balance, however I can still show $6000 or so in my account.
I do not intend to take my mom and daughter with me right now as daughter is schooling here.
I have never traveled to another country before. Will this be a problem?
Should I go to another country, i.e., Muscat, Oman where my sister lives for a brief period before I apply? Will that help?
Please suggest people if Travel visa is the right thing for me to do or do you have any other suggestions?

I'd like to make it to my man as quickly as possible as we have been into long distance relationship for past 1 year and we have NOT yet met! :(

Thanks so much for all your help in advance!

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoldenLine said:
Being a PR I can safely go to USA anytime. [True/Success?]
No.

You will still need to apply for a visa if you hold a passport from a country that is not Canada or part of the Visa Waiver Program.

canada14

Aug 3, 2012
It would be much easier if you're 'man' went to VISIT you in India! Then if all went well to get married in India and have him sponsor you to the US as his wife! If the US rejected your visit visa, am pretty sure Canada will do the same...if you're unable to show strong ties to your home country and have had you're application rejected 3 times , unless you provide new information for reasons to visit Canada and strong ties to your home country it will also get rejected. Also, if you did get approved to visit Canada you will not be able to travel to the US with out a US visit visa! As for you possiblitiy to obtaining PR status you will def be waiting more then 50 days if approved (your plan is basically to cheat the system in Canada to get to the US??!!!! and to be honest isn't a very good one).....the best thing if you want to go to the US is have him met you in India and then go from there if you get married and have him sponsor you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You will not be approved for PR in 50 days. Try closer to a year - maybe more. I think what you are looking at is the processing times for new PR cards. This is the processing time for the card only AFTER someone has already been approved for PR. The process for become a PR is completely separate. Assume this will take close to a year or more. Once you have PR, there is still no guarantee you will be approved for a US visa. Many PRs are still refused until they have lived a few years in Canada and established themselves there.

Having your guy set up a subsidiary of his company in Canada and hire you will not work. CIC will see right through this and you'll have another refusal to add to your existing list of refusals. You need to find an employer who is already established in Canada to hire you.

Looking at your profile (ties to home country, travel record, failed attempts to obtain a visa to the US), it's also extremely likely that you will be refused for a visit/tourist visa to Canada if you apply. So coming here to look for an employer is likely an unrealistic plan.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much guys for all your inputs.

For reasons more than one, I cannot have him come here to India and we marry. Family approval issues here. :(

As for now is best that I focused on getting to Canada successfully then take it on from there. I'm sure several options will work its way on its own. This I trust.

Please recommend which visa will be best for me to apply.
I have doubts on student visa to Canada given my age and also I'm not so keen on spending my money on further education as I have enough industry experience & skill sets in my field, however I would like to explore possibilities in that angle.

Please suggest how I can go about here on student visa or should I stick to Travel visa?

Also it will be helpful to know what documents should I show to the VO to establish home ties, consistent and strong income. What reason would be good enough for the success of my application given my age, place of residence etc?

Appreciate all you help here and every info is valuable to me to make my case strong.
I am so worried that I might face refusal for Canada too and want to be super careful.

Thanks so much in advance and look forward to your inputs and help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you want to try the student visa route, you'll need to show a bank balance that covers first year tuition + $10K for living expenses + $2K to $3K extra for travel expenses. Note that tuition fees for foreign students are significantly higher than those for domestic students. You'll likely have to pay close to $10K or more than $10K for first year tuition alone. Do you have $25K to $30K in available cash? If so, then the study permit option might work for you. If you don't have this kind of money - then forget about coming here as a student. In addition to having sufficient funds, you must also demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and that your planned studies make sense in light of your past education and experience. In other words, if it looks like you're applying for a study visa as a way of getting into Canada, you'll be refused. Note that in order to be approved for a study visa, you first have to be accepted by a school. The next semester doesn't start until January (you're too late for the September semester). So the earliest you could come here on a student visa is late December for the start of the January semester.

The tourist visa application process is certainly easier. I think your chances of being approved are unfortunately not good due to the US refusals and your profile - but you can certainly try.

As for showing strong ties... The fact you have never traveled outside of your country is a negative. There is nothing you can do about this. When you apply for either the tourist or student visa, you will have to indicate that you were refused the US visas. This will work against you too and make it seem like you're just trying to get into a North American country. Your daughter is proof that you have ties to your home country - this is good evidence. If you own any property - include proof. Also include proof that you own your own business.

Don't bother going to Oman or anywhere else. You can't apply from another place unless you've been admitted there for a full year on a work visa, student visa or something similar. You will have to apply from India.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Why don't you two meet up in the middle? If you cannot go to US or Canada (from the record it is less likely to have visitor visa granted), there might be a country, which is easier to get visitor visa for? If the reason for traveling is to meet this person face-to-face first time, it doesn't have to be North America? And even he cannot visit you in India, he can arrange a travel to meet somewhere, no? From the bank statement you mention, it is highly unlikely to get study permit or maybe visitor visa to North America (on top of record of refusals).

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
If you want to try the student visa route, you'll need to show a bank balance that covers first year tuition + $10K for living expenses + $2K to $3K extra for travel expenses. Note that tuition fees for foreign students are significantly higher than those for domestic students. You'll likely have to pay close to $10K or more than $10K for first year tuition alone. Do you have $25K to $30K in available cash? If so, then the study permit option might work for you. If you don't have this kind of money - then forget about coming here as a student. In addition to having sufficient funds, you must also demonstrate that you have strong ties to your home country and that your planned studies make sense in light of your past education and experience. In other words, if it looks like you're applying for a study visa as a way of getting into Canada, you'll be refused. Note that in order to be approved for a study visa, you first have to be accepted by a school. The next semester doesn't start until January (you're too late for the September semester). So the earliest you could come here on a student visa is late December for the start of the January semester.

The tourist visa application process is certainly easier. I think your chances of being approved are unfortunately not good due to the US refusals and your profile - but you can certainly try.

As for showing strong ties... The fact you have never traveled outside of your country is a negative. There is nothing you can do about this. When you apply for either the tourist or student visa, you will have to indicate that you were refused the US visas. This will work against you too and make it seem like you're just trying to get into a North American country. Your daughter is proof that you have ties to your home country - this is good evidence. If you own any property - include proof. Also include proof that you own your own business.

Don't bother going to Oman or anywhere else. You can't apply from another place unless you've been admitted there for a full year on a work visa, student visa or something similar. You will have to apply from India.
Thanks Syclla. Appreciate your detailed response.
Yes, I think Travel visa would be an appropriate option for now. I have couple friends there who could send me an invite to see them, alongside if I have hotel bookings of From and To coupled with return air tickets (refundable of course) would that be good?
I also intend to show my tenancy/lease documents that has my Mom and daughter's name on it as dependents living with me.
I have my company registered on my name and pretty OK turnover in the last (However not good in Canadian point of view) Its something like $25K upon conversion. Plus I have saving of about $7.5 in my savings account. Don't know if this is any good. I.m assuming it should be. Please advise.
My daughter is out of wedlock. I do have few pics of her with her dad and myself. Will it be a good idea if I produced that as my partner who I never married but is the father of my child. (to prove home/relationships ties?)

Thanks for your help Syclla and all others who been great help so far.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
Why don't you two meet up in the middle? If you cannot go to US or Canada (from the record it is less likely to have visitor visa granted), there might be a country, which is easier to get visitor visa for? If the reason for traveling is to meet this person face-to-face first time, it doesn't have to be North America? And even he cannot visit you in India, he can arrange a travel to meet somewhere, no? From the bank statement you mention, it is highly unlikely to get study permit or maybe visitor visa to North America (on top of record of refusals).
This thought did cross my mind too few days ago so I'm also looking into option of NZ. Would you say NZ is much easier to go on a travel visa than Canada or US?
Or would Australia be good? I have my cousin in Australia. He says that I should be able to get myself a nice job (with his help) and then apply for PR. It take about 8-12 months before I receive one, then I can think of the next move.

Maybe I could have my daughter get into a school in US or Canada and go as her mom (?) Can't do it this year as she already started school. I may want to go ahead of her and make some more money.

Man! Why is so complicated? It's so frustrating sometimes. Its God's world and he put humans as special being to be able to enjoy all that he created. All kinds of wrong people go all over and mess it up making lives harder for genuine people like us. Love knows no boundries, What am i gonna do now? :(

Please suggest a way out guys. I am getting confused even more the deeper I research into this whole thing.
I'm sure there gotta be a way for people like me.. right? Can't be dead end, I'm sure?

Thanks and appreciate your responses.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think your chances of obtaining an approved tourist visa for Canada are extremely low. You have three US refusals. This makes it look like you're really trying to get to North America at any cost and your intentions are not those of a true visitor.

Enrolling your daughter in school here will be extremely expensive (if she's even approved) and this doesn't mean that you can come as well. Forget about this option. It's not going to work.

I would try for the Canadian tourist visa (even though your chances are very low). If that fails, I think AnaMaria has given you the best recommendation. Find a different country to meet up in. Or - he needs to visit you in India.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sigh!

I see the truth in what you say Syclla. Just that it is so disappointing.

I was just looking up other ways and came across CSTD Conference and Trade show to be held in Toronto on 31 Oct - 2 Nov.
Now this conference is useful to me as I belong to Training and Development industry and head a training company here.

If I register myself to attend this conference, what visa would be applicable? Business (?) or Travel (?)

If Business then will it be a good idea for me to apply for multiple entry or single entry?
Is this workable at all in the first place?

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One another thing Syclla, I can travel to Muscat, Oman on a brief visit to see my sis and family for a week before I put forward my application to Canada from India.
This will show my overseas visit on my passport. Also the fact that I have my sister in Muscat that is well established, I still returned to my home country will prove that no matter where I go, I will always come back!

This little trick works? What percentage of chances would you put on this if you were to do this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think that traveling to Oman will make any difference. CIC sees thousands upon thousands of applications and are used to "little tricks". So no - they generally don't work. Unless you were already planning on visiting your sister - I wouldn't bother.

Do not push your luck and apply for a multiple entry visa. Stick with a single entry visa. I think that will be difficult enough for you to get.

If you want to use the conference as a reason for your visit - you'll still be applying for a tourist visa (TRV = temporary resident visa).

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That sounds a bit positive Syclla. Thanks so much for your advise.

Will "dual intent" for TRV work? As in, "I'd like to attend this conference as it helps/beneficial my business in India and now that I will be in Canada, I'd like to travel around within the country and see places" (?)

This way I might get some more time to stay in the country, say for 3 months or so by the POE?

Please help me with the below:

I have couple friends there who could send me an invite to see them, alongside if I have hotel bookings of From and To coupled with return air tickets (refundable of course) would that be good?
I also intend to show my tenancy/lease documents that has my Mom and daughter's name on it as dependents living with me.
I have my company registered on my name and pretty OK turnover in the last (However not good in Canadian point of view) Its something like $25K upon conversion. Plus I have saving of about $7.5 in my savings account. Don't know if this is any good. I.m assuming it should be. Please advise.
My daughter is out of wedlock. I do have few pics of her with her dad and myself. Will it be a good idea if I produced that as my partner who I never married but is the father of my child. (to prove home/relationships ties?)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GoldenLine said:
This thought did cross my mind too few days ago so I'm also looking into option of NZ. Would you say NZ is much easier to go on a travel visa than Canada or US?
Or would Australia be good? I have my cousin in Australia. He says that I should be able to get myself a nice job (with his help) and then apply for PR. It take about 8-12 months before I receive one, then I can think of the next move.
How about Vietnam? Vietnam looks easy enough to apply for a visa:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-get-vietnam-visa-from-canada-within-36-hours-at-the-cost-from-10-visa-t116214.0.html