+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Visa refused, so want to visit Canada on Travel Visa.. Please Help

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Steaky.

That link talks about applying for a visa to Vietnam from Canada. I'm not sure what are you pointing at here?

I'm still in India and trying to get to Canada. Do you mean to say that I can apply for Vietnam from India and visa is much easier comparable to that of Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GoldenLine said:
Will "dual intent" for TRV work? As in, "I'd like to attend this conference as it helps/beneficial my business in India and now that I will be in Canada, I'd like to travel around within the country and see places" (?)
You've misunderstood dual intent.

Your situation doesn't fall under dual intent. Dual intent is for those who have already submitted an immigration application for Canada and are now trying to visit Canada as tourists.

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
I re-read your original post. I think you want to immigrate to somewhere through marriage. Your application will mostly likely denied in those countries you mentioned. You have not met this person and get married in a hurry without family approval. From the eyes of immigration officers, your case will look like convenience of marriage in order to immigrate to the country. I am not saying it is your intent. You will have to develop your relationship and make it strong enough to convince the officers that your relationship is genuine and real. First step to do that is to meet him in person. I think steaky suggested to meet him in Vietnam. You and he might be able to visit Vietnam relatively easy. But have him visit you in India is probably better. Convince your family. Without family involvement in your relationship, it is very difficult to get your application approved, particularly you are from India, where family tradition is a must to have in the application. Marriage is not guaranteed to immigration.

Don't rush. Take a step at a time.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
You've misunderstood dual intent.

Your situation doesn't fall under dual intent. Dual intent is for those who have already submitted an immigration application for Canada and are now trying to visit Canada as tourists.
I surely did!
When you say "Submitted an immigration application for Canada...." did you mean PR?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GoldenLine said:
I surely did!
When you say "Submitted an immigration application for Canada...." did you mean PR?
Yes.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnaMaria said:
I re-read your original post. I think you want to immigrate to somewhere through marriage. Your application will mostly likely denied in those countries you mentioned. You have not met this person and get married in a hurry without family approval. From the eyes of immigration officers, your case will look like convenience of marriage in order to immigrate to the country. I am not saying it is your intent. You will have to develop your relationship and make it strong enough to convince the officers that your relationship is genuine and real. First step to do that is to meet him in person. I think steaky suggested to meet him in Vietnam. You and he might be able to visit Vietnam relatively easy. But have him visit you in India is probably better. Convince your family. Without family involvement in your relationship, it is very difficult to get your application approved, particularly you are from India, where family tradition is a must to have in the application. Marriage is not guaranteed to immigration.

Don't rush. Take a step at a time.
Thanks AnaMaria for your response. However you've re-read my original post the exact opposite of what I was saying. No problem.
What I really want is to be able to go to Canada which is the closest I can think of near USA so I am able to spend some time with my guy. He is an American. I intend on marriage only later, probably a year or so. I've had shit goin on all my life here and that makes me a cautious person. Although my family may not approve now as I have to meet the person in the first place to be able to convince them, they will eventually.
The reason why I can't have him come to India is, He has an established business in USA and it will be hard for him to abandon that and be here for us to spend time into our relationship. Also not worth it as he is not allowed to live with me in my house, for obvious reasons as I am Indian and traditions, culture etc etc,... !! He is gonna land up living in a separate apt or hotel and unnecessary expense. Plus it can't go on for any further than a week!

So it is better I went where he is as I can work and also get to spend time with him more than I would be able to in India.

I just need a fool proof way to get to Canada, find myself a job somehow (magic? luck? skills? whatever works) and then decide on marriage. This was the same intent when I applied for USA too. I had taken admission at school and applied for F1. But was refused.

I mentioned going to Australia or NZ as its easier to get Travel visa there and a job too. All I am clueless about is the time frame one receives PR in these countries? Please let me know if you know anything.

Thanks so much.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That sounds like good news to me Syclla.

Tell me, Assuming that I have put forward my application for PR from here, as in India.. Based on that application will it be easier for me to get a travel visa without much fear of refusal?

B'cos I have had my profile assessed here and I am eligible for Canadian PR. My problem I don't want to wait till I get that approved which I believe will be atleast 12 - 18 months, I want to be able to go sooner.

Please Advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GoldenLine said:
That sounds like good news to me Syclla.

Tell me, Assuming that I have put forward my application for PR from here, as in India.. Based on that application will it be easier for me to get a travel visa without much fear of refusal?

B'cos I have had my profile assessed here and I am eligible for Canadian PR. My problem I don't want to wait till I get that approved which I believe will be atleast 12 - 18 months, I want to be able to go sooner.

Please Advise.
I wouldn't say it's good news. I don't think it changes your situation at all.

You are VASTLY underestimating the complexities involve in submitting a PR application. First of all - you'll have to determine if you even qualify. Based on the information you've provided so far it doesn't sound like you do unless you can secure a job offer in Canada. (On what basis/through which program do you believe you qualify to apply?) You'll need to show you have a bank balance with sufficient cash available to establish yourself in Canada (I think this will be somewhere in the range of $15K to $20K in free cash that isn't tied up in your business). You'll need to take a specific English test (IELTS) and achieve a certain score. You'll need to obtain records to prove what schooling and job experience you've had. Etc. Etc. Etc. If you do qualify, expect the process of putting together the application to take several months. To determine if you qualify to apply, start reading through the various immigration streams on the link below (focusing on the federal skilled worker, quebec and provincial nominee programs). Expect to spend several days if not a few weeks just understanding the various immigration streams and if you qualify to apply. If you find this information too confusing, then your other option is to hire an immigration consultant to assist you with the process.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

And no - it verly likely won't be easier for you to obtain a tourist visa after applying for PR. In your case I think you'll still be denied due to your US refusals.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you should still apply for the Canadian tourist visa and see what happens. At this point you have nothing to lose and there's always a chance (no matter how small) that you will be approved.

I would not, however, go to the trouble, time and expense of submitting a PR application before applying for the tourist visa.

And you have not ruined all of your chances by any stretch of the imagination. You can still meet in a third country or your boyfriend can come to India. Yes - I understand their are complications. But if this is important to both of you then complications can be overcome.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
I think you should still apply for the Canadian tourist visa and see what happens. At this point you have nothing to lose and there's always a chance (no matter how small) that you will be approved.

I would not, however, go to the trouble, time and expense of submitting a PR application before applying for the tourist visa.

And you have not ruined all of your chances by any stretch of the imagination. You can still meet in a third country or your boyfriend can come to India. Yes - I understand their are complications. But if this is important to both of you then complications can be overcome.
I agree Scylla. Thanks for all your help.

Would it be a good idea for me to apply for PR when in Canada on TRV?
Will that allow me to apply for extension till I receive my PR and also allow me to buy time to fetch myself a job?

I know few people in Canada, however none who can help me with a job while I am still here, I am guessing that it may not be that hard to use these contacts and get a job. What do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
GoldenLine said:
Would it be a good idea for me to apply for PR when in Canada on TRV?
Will that allow me to apply for extension till I receive my PR and also allow me to buy time to fetch myself a job?
On what basis will you apply for PR once you are in Canada? Being physically present in Canada does not automatically qualify you to apply for PR. You still have to meet the criteria of one of the immigration programs listed in the link I provided in one of my earlier posts. You'll also still need to take the English test, have sufficient funds, provide supporting documentation to prove your educational and work background, etc.

No - applying for PR while you are in Canada on a TRV will not automatically qualify you to apply for an extension until you receive your PR. You can certainly apply for an extension but the fact that you have applied for PR won't help you get the extension.

Obtaining a job once you are in Canada will likely still be quite difficult. In order to hire you, an employer will have to obtain an approved LMO which involves convincing the Canadian government that the employer advertised the job and wasn't able to find a Canadian to hire for the role and for this reason has to hire you. This process typically takes months and there's no guarantee the LMO will be approved in the end.

I think you're focusing on too many things at one. First focus on obtaining the TRV. Again, I think that will be difficult enough. If you are approved for the TRV - you can then think about what you will do when you arrive in Canada.

GoldenLine

Sep 1, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The mandates required to apply for PR is not an issue really.

I will provide English test, education and work background docs when needed. Money may be a problem! Sigh!!

Though I am focusing on TRV at the moment, I'm also slightly concerned about "What will happen upon expiry of my TRV?"
Thus doing some homework to ascertain possible options. All your help that is warning me in the likely steps/thoughts I'm thinking of is so helpful. This is enabling me to check off in my "Possible options" list leaving me with fewer options.

This LMO is quite scary! But I hope against hope here.

Thanks so much Syclla. I'm working around things here still to make sure I have everything in place before I apply with the embassy.

Wish me luck.

nepal123

Apr 14, 2012
As CIC seems India as a high risk country for immigration violation, I am sorry to say it will be only spending money and time in drain.
I was refused trv twice having good travel history ( I hold Nepalese Passport). 1 US, 2 Australia, 1 UK 1 schengen particulary German visa. Canadian constitution considers every non immigrant aplicant as " immigrant" so untl they change their constitution its hard to travel their country until you set up yourself as extraordinary applicant from your country. I better suggest you to get Uk visa first go there meet him, come back India and wait for couple of months and apply Canada visa, because Uk issues you 6 month visit/ business visa and apply canada while you still have the UK visa,,,, this might be little helpful I guess.