24-05-2010
Doc's Request.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
April 16, 2013
Med's Done....
May 23, 2013
Hi,

I have just got immigration and I will visit Canada in March 2015 for a month and then I will come back to Pakistan. During my stay in Canada I want to visit US for 2-3 days. What do you suggest where should I apply for US visa Pakistan or Canada?

Faisal

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
faisal892 said:
Hi,

I have just got immigration and I will visit Canada in March 2015 for a month and then I will come back to Pakistan. During my stay in Canada I want to visit US for 2-3 days. What do you suggest where should I apply for US visa Pakistan or Canada?

Faisal
I think you will be refused either way. In Canada you will be refused because you are a new PR and have no employment in Canada. You may have a better chance in Pakistan.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
CanV said:
I think you will be refused either way. In Canada you will be refused because you are a new PR and have no employment in Canada. You may have a better chance in Pakistan.
But, why do you think he will be refused?

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
sharedknowledge said:
But, why do you think he will be refused?
Unless you can prove that you have strong ties to the country you're applying from, you may be refused. When I went for my interview, I saw a PR woman in Vancouver being rejected before my eyes. And I saw an asian student being approved (since he had ties, like his university enrollment, in Canada). I got approved. All you have to do is prove ties to another country, usually the one where you'll applying from. Ties include a job, a college enrollment, a business, a property...

I would suggest you apply from Pakistan, given the plenty of time you have. Since I assume you already have a job and various other ties to Pakistan. However, withdraw your application if after the interview the US embassy says that your passport will go into administrative processing (as that can take up to 6-8 months). If you're approved without this condition on the spot, go for it.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, Canadian citizens don't need a visa to visit the US. There are many options - google for details!

msaeed

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Lahore Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2009
VISA ISSUED...
الحمد لله رب العالمين - 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
الحمد لله رب العالمين March 28, 2015.
faisal892 said:
Hi,

Faisal
Sir

Apply from Pakistan , for you to apply from Canada , you need to stay for a minimum period of 3 to 6 months in Canada , in order to be eligible to apply

Stay Blessed