+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US VISA application with RTD

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
I hope they approve without interview. But if you will see very close days for interview. Don’t worry:) doesn’t matter both way you will get your visa in a month:) let me know again. If they ask for interview let me know pls. I’ll tell u more:)
Be careful when you send your documents. You need to put your address etc and it will give you instructions. Print them. One page for Canada post( u no need to pay) the others inside the envelope.

Thanks! I Will go on Monday. I'll let You know. Hopefully everything Will be ok.

Reactions: Canadian_rainbow

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
UPDATE :

I recently had an interview for a US visa in Ottawa. Process was about an hour . I had a RTD with no PR and visa was approved at the end. However,
the officer said that due to having had a previous US visa and having crossed into Canada, that was was cancelled and so, they would need to remove that from system before they can issue me a new visa. Process will take a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Db1000 and Florcita

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
UPDATE :

I recently had an interview for a US visa in Ottawa. Process was about an hour . I had a RTD with no PR and visa was approved at the end. However,
the officer said that due to having had a previous US visa and having crossed into Canada, that was was cancelled and so, they would need to remove that from system before they can issue me a new visa. Process will take a couple of weeks.
Hi,
I did not cross the USA to Canada but after my claim they cancelled my visa.
Officer said to me I need to remove previous one and I’ll issue the new visa. It did not take that much:)
Congratulations!

md.ali22

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Hi there, can b1/b2 visa approval be obtained without an interview? I have never had a US visa before.

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Around 10 days maybe. Or shorter.
Hi, did you received your visa after 10 days? What year did you applied?
My family and I are Pr, we applied in febreaury 1st, they took our passports and told us that would take a time to issue the visa because our refugee claimaint, so they have to cancel the old visas. We have wait for 7 weeks, I wrote to the consulate but they told us that they are really busy and can take to 10 weeks to process them. I need my passport for another travel and dont knoe how long that will take. I am so sad.

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Around 10 days maybe. Or shorter.
My family and I are Pr, we applied in febreaury 1st, they took our passports and told us that would take a time to issue the visa because our refugee claimaint, so they have to cancel the old visas. We have wait for 7 weeks, I wrote to the consulate but they told us that they are really busy and can take to 10 weeks to process them. I need my passport for another travel and dont knoe how long that will take. I am so sad.
Which office did you go for your interview ? , the officer said to me it will take a couple of weeks... and I also need to travel next month to another country :(

031_guy

Star Member
Feb 17, 2022
Did you provide your passports or Canada travel document, and your are refugee claimants ?

Latin40

Dec 6, 2018
Passports, we asked for refugee but we were aproved by humanitarian so we can use our passports. Long story.

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
And when you receive the instructions send your documents. Copy of your passport and visa (seized by Ircc). Later even if they decide for interview you will get sooner date. Don’t worry.

Hi. I sent passport last monday and today they sent email. I must to attend For an interview. But i'm checking the dates and I want to cry. Really far.

• Sad
Reactions: zak86

Vips1410

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Hey man how’s going I applied my asylum in 2019 but before my hearing I got married to my gf in 2021 she applied my pr through family spouse sponsor visa I got my my pr card in 2022 after 11 month and then i withdrawn my asylum case when I came Canada I had usa visa I travelled few times Usa for pleasure after got my pr card I went again usa in 2023 Sep by road drove after staying 2 days I back but when I went again in nov 2023 they told me my visa is revoked even though I got my pr through family spouse sponsorship now funny things why they let me go just month ago now they cancel what shall I do in this scenario I been pr more then 30 months now after 6 months I can apply my passport also but if I apply again usa visa do I have to go through interview process ?